CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are you serious? I thought the pop. numbers for Reach had been at 3k or so before backwards compatibility or am I wrong? I don't even use my xbox 360 and I haven't booted Reach up in years.

It goes up to 30k these days LMAO:

Seeing as Reach is more popular than H5 I think 343i could re-introduce the playlists they cut in 2011: Anniversary BTB/FFA, Action Sack and Squad Slayer, plus they could finally add Ranks to the MLG playlist.

If you add Rockets, make sure they're the SPnKr variant.

There should be a general boycott of the new Rockets, because fuck different for being different.

the spanker is ridiculously strong. You can miss a shot and place another before someone can kill you

Halo ce once again the top rated post on reddit. What is this the second time this has happened?

God man I'm trying so hard to stay composed playing this game but I'm SO sick of barely pulling out wins on kids on Overgrowth because of all these stupid ass weapons on this terrible ass map. Man....

• Upvote (+1) 1

the spanker is ridiculously strong. You can miss a shot and place another before someone can kill you

It can fire off the second shot before the first missed shot even has a chance to explode.

It can fire off the second shot before the first missed shot even has a chance to explode.

Even worse lol, there's a reason I said it shouldn't be in Chill Out. Especially in 2s

Everyone convinced yet that look acceleration has nothing to do with aiming slipperiness, and only affects turning speed?

Aiming is still shit, it's just a little better because of deadzone adjustment. 343 was never going to let their aim smoothing go.

Oh yea, it's still terrible. 

Overgrowth is terrible but literally nothing will ever beat Sword Base for the worst map ever created.

Sword Base is a classic. May not be a classic for the best of reasons, but it is a classic none the less, and is still popular on Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It goes up to 30k these days LMAO:

Seeing as Reach is more popular than H5 I think 343i could re-introduce the playlists they cut in 2011: Anniversary BTB/FFA, Action Sack and Squad Slayer, plus they could finally add Ranks to the MLG playlist.

Honestly I am torn on this. If they go ahead and touch the playlist schedule, something may break and the result will be even less an experience than we have now. I am ok if they just leave it alone. So many playlists and all I play is team slayer and perhaps invasion once in a while.

Does anyone else ever hear a woman over a PA system after you exit your REQ menu? It happens every once in a while and I think most times it's after I play a game. I've only been able to hear the last part of what she says which is 'please report to headquarters'. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

No. It's not perfect, but aiming is definitely much better than before now that I've found a good spot. (4 sens, 2 accel)

What settings are you using?

It's all a giant placebo effect lol. I've tried all of the settings, and done short adjustments and really, really tried to feel a difference in the aim smoothing of each setting.

There is zero difference until you peg the stick and begin to turn. Zero. People that think the look accel changes the aiming responsiveness or acceleration curve of pistol or BR battles are totally wrong.

I'm sure there is a way with someone with the appropriate software to go out and prove it, but I don't think people care enough. For all of the shit that the aiming has been given, I'm shocked that everyone called off the dogs when 343 failed to deliver. On this freaking forum no less.

People bitch about literally everything in this game, and the one central mechanic that totally objectively blows, we give them a pass as to make sure they never have to address it again.

I'll never understand this forum.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly I am torn on this. If they go ahead and touch the playlist schedule, something may break and the result will be even less an experience than we have now. I am ok if they just leave it alone. So many playlists and all I play is team slayer and perhaps invasion once in a while.

I really can't play non title updated reach, so I try super slayer whenever possible, but I'm mostly in the anniversary and rumble pit modes, with invasion here and there.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really can't play non title updated reach, so I try super slayer whenever possible, but I'm mostly in the anniversary and rumble pit modes, with invasion here and there.

But half of those playlists are double digit populations. The only one that is decent is BTB.

But half of those playlists are double digit populations. The only one that is decent is BTB.

eh, at the end of the day it's pretty easy to get into multi team, btb, FFA is always easy to get into. People are also always playing anniversary.

Sword Base is a classic. May not be a classic for the best of reasons, but it is a classic none the less, and is still popular on Reach.

In the same way that World War 2 is classic.

So has the new update made aiming much better, or is it overall a marginal change?

Turning is much better, aiming is better although still a little slippery.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's all a giant placebo effect lol. I've tried all of the settings, and done short adjustments and really, really tried to feel a difference in the aim smoothing of each setting.

There is zero difference until you peg the stick and begin to turn. Zero. People that think the look accel changes the aiming responsiveness or acceleration curve of pistol or BR battles are totally wrong.

I'm sure there is a way with someone with the appropriate software to go out and prove it, but I don't think people care enough. For all of the shit that the aiming has been given, I'm shocked that everyone called off the dogs when 343 failed to deliver. On this freaking forum no less.

People bitch about literally everything in this game, and the one central mechanic that totally objectively blows, we give them a pass as to make sure they never have to address it again.

I'll never understand this forum.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people were surprised they even gave us what they did. I agree it still is not optimal. There is a difference between settings but you are absolutely correct when you say the aim still feels slippery.

Also the word people tossed around before was aim acceleration. They gave us that. That doesn't appear to be what the problem is and now no one really knows what to call it. Some say aim smoothing, some say acceleration curve, some just say its slippery. I hope 343 continues to look into it and keep giving us more controller options but I'm not entirely sure they realize there is a problem and I have yet to see anyone accurately show what the problem is other than "we feel it". I mean sure we can point at Halo 1 and say make it like that but even then I don't know they would get it right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope 343 has the balls to title update the whole game, vanilla reach is really bad.

What, Reach?

They aren't going to do anything with it.

Holiday Doubles in general needs an overhaul. These maps and all these power weapons really detriment the true doubles experience. They spawn entirely too frequently for these slow paced games. Eden for example, by the time I finish emptying out rockets, new rockets/sniper is about to respawn in about 10 seconds. They need to put less ammo in these weapons (2 rockets, maybe 8 sniper shots max), or switch out some of these weapons for a Plasma Caster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another solid opinion there

• Upvote (+1) 1