CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd rather face teams around my skill then randoms way above or way below my skill.

No party restrictions is acceptable. I'm onyx, I'm nothing special, I'm not trash, but I can go in the game and have good matches playing solo. Most of the time I face people around my level, I don't have quitters, and the games are close. If I get smacked in a game, I go to the carnage report and the ranks usually tell the story.

I feel like people blame parties for their losses way, way too much. Especially in this age of online communities. It's so easy to find people to play with.

I've never understood how people can be so bent out of shape over party restrictions that they would prefer worse matchmaking and longer search times. Party up and get ready for teams if you are in diamond, onyx, or champion.

Well, let me tell you a story.

I'm in slayer solo, at the time I had a Platinum rank. Pegasus was the map. My team and I were winning for most of the match, but it was close. Suddenly, were down 43 - 41. This whole time I've got my headset on communicating my ass off. Two of my teammates were in party chat, and one was in game chat but he wasn't talking, nor responding to my callouts.

The enemy team just starts pulling off plans requiring supreme coordination. So we lose the game.

The lobby loads up, and for a few moments I can hear the enemy's mic chatter. They admitted to being a team of 4.

Yeah.... Matching a team of 4 while you're solo isn't fun. At least if I get my ass kicked by solo Champions I can watch film on it and learn from mechanically superior players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

maybe the algorithm has to like learn how NOT to match you against people at your skill level?  

It should just pick people up randomly and not by your skill.  That's true Social to a certain extent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it does look like a pretty good map, but I don't think that it would work very well with classic settings.

its not made for classic. It accommodates sprint, thrust, slide boost and whatnot pretty well

Vehicles and turrets on maps haven't really been a thing since Halo 3. Would be cool if they could come back, but I doubt it will with how homogenized everything in 5 is.

The best hope is forged maps.

That's true. At least Reach's maps were full of absolutely ridiculous grav lifts though, and zero-gravity sections, that was definitely something.

Hey guys,

I recently just finished a commentary and it's going in to editing stages right now.

It's about the req system and I was just looking to see if I could garner various opinions on the topic before it goes out that way I kind of have a feel for what kind of response I should expect.

Thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey guys,

I recently just finished a commentary and it's going in to editing stages right now.

It's about the req system and I was just looking to see if I could garner various opinions on the topic before it goes out that way I kind of have a feel for what kind of response I should expect.

Thanks!

Great idea. Adds some replayability to grind for new unlocks. Hate how 99% of armour unlocks are tied to it. There should be special armours for achievements like past games.

EDIT: This is coming from someone who spent a fair bit of money on them, grinded Warzone Assault for them and has max completion on all non-commendation stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'd rather face teams around my skill then randoms way above or way below my skill.

No party restrictions is acceptable. I'm onyx, I'm nothing special, I'm not trash, but I can go in the game and have good matches playing solo. Most of the time I face people around my level, I don't have quitters, and the games are close. If I get smacked in a game, I go to the carnage report and the ranks usually tell the story.

I feel like people blame parties for their losses way, way too much. Especially in this age of online communities. It's so easy to find people to play with.

I've never understood how people can be so bent out of shape over party restrictions that they would prefer worse matchmaking and longer search times. Party up and get ready for teams if you are in diamond, onyx, or champion.

BS. How is it easy to find people when you cant even see who the fuck they are playing with and what they are doing? You have to invite and join people to ask "how many are you" and "what are you playing". I cant even send people a friend request, no. I have to "follow" them like a fan and hope they add me back. I also have no clue anymore where they are coming from. Sadly its pointless for me to team up with Americans since I cant play on their ping anyway. It takes a big effort to get a decent TO4 together. Just turning on the Box and hop into fair games isnt possible anymore.

People blame parties for their loses? The teams I play against are always extremly stacked. Even pros like Naded and Snipedown stated how awful and frustrating it is to search alone in this game. If it works for you, fine, but I played only in teams the first month (before my friends got tired of this game) and its a whole different experience compared to searching alone. Searching high ranked Halo 3 alone wasnt even close to as frustrating as in Halo 5.

The search times for solo players wont be that much longer. Teams will have a problem after a while, since the population is falling so hard. The skill gap in Onyx is gigantic anyway. It really isnt that hard to get it. I match people from across the world all the time anyway and the ranking system also doesnt really work. (looking at placement matches and no deranking) Its not like no-restrictions makes the mm run smooth.

And excuse me for my rant, but thats what happens when you say that no-restrictions are just fine while its a huge reason many people stopped playing Arena. Including me.

1) How can I tell if I'm playing a party of 2/3/4?

Oh we cant my friend, we cant. Welcome to the world of Halo were we always have to go two steps back.

I remember being able to see which people are a group/searched together and I remember being able to see group details of my friends. But who needs those features when we can have some more REQ content right?

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Personally I hate any form of microtransactions in an AAA game, however if its cosmetic only and keeps people playing I suppose its a necessary evil. (But fuck REQ armor unlocks)

Hey guys,

Thanks!

Don't like it, don't think it belongs.  Probably not a popular opinion though.

I think most people can agree with what Moa said.  Should have cosmetics that are tied to something besides reqs.

Great idea. Adds some replayability to grind for new unlocks. Hate how 99% of armour unlocks are tied to it. There should be special armours for achievements like past games.

Agreed, there needs to be more incentive to level up in this game. Also armor unlocks outside of reqs would be nice. Also I believe we should get DLC colors/color wheel. 

Agreed, there needs to be more incentive to level up in this game. Also armor unlocks outside of reqs would be nice. 

Don't even get me started on the progression ranks. One of the hardest and grindiest to date and you get literally nothing for ranking up apart from a few emblems. 

Like you should have something as cool as the Haunted Helmet from Reach for higher SR levels but by the time you get to SR-100, you've probably already unlocks all of the REQ content

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys,

Thanks!

My opinions can be found here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3542?do=findComment&comment=629862

here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3442?do=findComment&comment=623739

and here http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-3375?do=findComment&comment=620196

not a fan

Don't even get me started on the progression ranks. One of the hardest and grindiest to date and you get literally nothing for ranking up apart from a few emblems. 

Like you should have something as cool as the Haunted Helmet from Reach for higher SR levels but by the time you get to SR-100, you've probably already unlocks all of the REQ content

I've ranted so much about that shits its not even funny. It's the worst progression system I've ever experienced in a game. I mean, I finished burnout 3 a while back, which had one of the best. Playing it really hit home for how bad Halo 5's is.

Are commendations even rewarding at all in this game? Swear I've maxed out a good amount of them and recieved dick bupkis for it

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I'm with Moa, I hate the 100% randomized customization. There should be some skins/armour that are unlocked via commendations, having ALL of them randomized is a poor design choice that favors time-based grinding and daddy's credit card.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are commendations even rewarding at all in this game? Swear I've maxed out a good amount of them and recieved dick bupkis for it

Maxing them out gets you an emblem.

Maxing them out gets you an emblem.

Gee, having your favorite emblem unlocked at SR1 puts a damper on receiving any other ones in the REQ system

On a side note, does anyone else think that in The Social Playlists they should bump up the amount of kills to win a game to 60?

Also, get rid of team snipers(this sniper blows), and add multi-team. :walshy:

Honestly never really noticed they were there. They just blend in with everything else on the post game stats.

I mean, compared to Reach's which look sick as fuck, and I actually went out of my way to complete because of how cool they looked. They were also plastered on the front of your service record

ea720d16ad.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've never understood why both 343 and Bungie felt like there needs to be a Shotgun/Sword/other 1SK weapons on every damn map.

Honestly never really noticed they were there. They just blend in with everything else on the post game stats.

I mean, compared to Reach's which look sick as fuck, and I actually went out of my way to complete because of how cool they looked. They were also plastered on the front of your service record

ea720d16ad.png

I thought I was looking at a Halo 5 screenshot and I automatically quoted you to say how surprised I am at how incredibly good it looks. I think that's proof that I'm not biased, at least.

On a side note, does anyone else think that in The Social Playlists they should bump up the amount of kills to win a game to 60?

Also, get rid of team snipers(this sniper blows), and add multi-team. :walshy:

They should just forget everything about Holiday Social and start again from scratch.

The only reason Team Snipers is there is because everyone begs for it to be a permanent playlist. Then there's one topic on reddit complaining that all the 4v4 maps don't work in Snipers so we are stuck exclusively with BTB maps now.

You know what the most popular social playlist was in past games? Straight up Slayer. No objectives, no heavily weighted Snipers on BTB maps. Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when is 343 going to add a legit ranking system, lost diamond 6 to diamond 2. It every game I've played tonight not 1 time I got on a team with communication. Even when they do have mics they dont talk. Also got matched with un ranks and plats on my side why the other team has a couple onyx kids. Team arena is pointless to run solo I almost wanna quit h5 for good its random lags in the middle of gun fights are ********.