CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

And not everyone likes those changes. You have to remember that we are a small community compared to the ones that 343 will typically listen to.

Remember that most players will blindly defend whatever 343 decides to do.

The changes might as well be good.*

Good (adj) - resulting in an increase in depth of play based on quantity and thoughtfulness of meaningful player decisions, and contributing to a greater sense of fairness in light of the perceived merit of deadliness with respect to skillfulness

• Upvote (+1) 3

So loosen up the skill restrictions.

No party restrictions is unacceptable.

I'd rather face teams around my skill then randoms way above or way below my skill.

No party restrictions is acceptable. I'm onyx, I'm nothing special, I'm not trash, but I can go in the game and have good matches playing solo. Most of the time I face people around my level, I don't have quitters, and the games are close. If I get smacked in a game, I go to the carnage report and the ranks usually tell the story.

I feel like people blame parties for their losses way, way too much. Especially in this age of online communities. It's so easy to find people to play with.

I've never understood how people can be so bent out of shape over party restrictions that they would prefer worse matchmaking and longer search times. Party up and get ready for teams if you are in diamond, onyx, or champion.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Remember that most players will blindly defend whatever 343 decides to do.

The changes might as well be good.*

Good (adj) - resulting in an increase in depth of play based on quantity and thoughtfulness of meaningful player decisions, and contributing to a greater sense of fairness in light of the perceived merit of deadliness with respect to skillfulness

Are you saying that there are people out there that will simply like whatever 343 throws at them? Dear god, what a  bold statemant :kappa:

Actually, I'd love it if 343 enters the stage of next years e3 and annouces some sort of "Halo: Legacy" without sprint, AA's,SA's and what so ever just so I can see the same people, who are desperately defending sprint going crazy about how amazing 343 is and that they are so wise for getting the idea of going back to the roots..

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd rather face teams around my skill then randoms way above or way below my skill.

No party restrictions is acceptable. I'm onyx, I'm nothing special, I'm not trash, but I can go in the game and have good matches playing solo. Most of the time I face people around my level, I don't have quitters, and the games are close. If I get smacked in a game, I go to the carnage report and the ranks usually tell the story.

I feel like people blame parties for their losses way, way too much. Especially in this age of online communities. It's so easy to find people to play with.

I've never understood how people can be so bent out of shape over party restrictions that they would prefer worse matchmaking and longer search times. Party up and get ready for teams if you are in diamond, onyx, or champion.

Its harder to win solo against a party of 4 kids your rank than it is against 4 randoms who are ranked higher than you.

The worst part of this is when you play a party of kids your rank and lose(which you should) your rank takes a massive hit because 343 thinks this is an even match up for some ungodly reason. Where as the game actually recognises that losing vs solo kids ranked higher than you is expected so your rank doesn't take a big hit.

Are you saying that there are people out there that will simply like whatever 343 throws at them? Dear god, what a bold statemant :kappa:

Actually, I'd love it if 343 enters the stage of next years e3 and annouces some sort of "Halo: Legacy" without sprint, AA's,SA's and what so ever just so I can see the same people, who are desperately defending sprint going crazy about how amazing 343 is and that they are so wise for getting the idea of going back to the roots..

We've already seem this with loudouts, ordiance and perks. Same kids who said these things were "required" for a "modern game" praised 343 for getting rid of them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

http://m.imgur.com/a/882YK

Looking to start a 3vs3 on this lockout remake. 4sk pistols only, faster base movement, no abilities.

Gt: racethesunn

Sorry for not posting in the other thread but it's kinda dead

That Lockout remake was made for spartan abilities though, if that is Vicious' remake.

That Lockout remake was made for spartan abilities though, if that is Vicious' remake.

Clamber is the only thing you need. And most of the time you don't need it.

Oh, it should but the player should have the option to opt-out.

I dont want to join a game 24-14 down. But yeah people should have the choice if they want to JIP or not

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm anyone doing something that doesn't require matchmaking and a good player/mic. I am bored and I have no mic but I want to play halo and don't have anyone to play with. I also banned from matchmaking until Friday lol, so yeah. 

Any NA players searching atm and need a 4th? Want to see if I can get into games by searching with one you you guys....impossible to get a game during the day here -_-

PM me or invite KurtiZ TSW if keen, can skype, discord or teamspeak as well chur chur

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, it should but the player should have the option to opt-out.

I agree. The only current option is to quit the build in the pregame lobby if you really don't want to take the risk of getting in a terrible game.

I don't know if it's common knowledge or not, but when you get a JIP game, the default background image in the pregame lobby doesn't change to the background image of the map you're playing on when the games loading and it happens for both WZ and Arena. It's not guaranteed though since I had one game that didn't change the image and it started from the beginning, but more likely than not it's a JIP game. This is after 12 games of it happening after I started keeping track.

On another note, I'm finally done with bronze and silvers and onto gold packs. Seeing how long it takes to get 10K, I'll be opening packs for a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1) How can I tell if I'm playing a party of 2/3/4? 

2) Do I just keep buying Bronze packs until I get all the armor and certifications for all common weapons/armor/vehicles, etc and then move onto Silver packs? More times than not I don't get anything in these. 

Caster is a lot of fun on segmented maps.

Very nice option as well, I actually didn't think about that. THAT would be a great weapon choice for that map in particular. You could shoot down hallways, snipe people from the windows, etc. Making it an extremely viable power weapon on that map. This would make the map more interesting and teamwork oriented rather than... This.

1) How can I tell if I'm playing a party of 2/3/4? 

By the way they play. Teamwork on the other team can become obvious when power weapons spawn or watching how they push objectives. There's a lot of factors, but it's not difficult to notice the difference between a party of 4 and randoms.

I really don't want to be that guy but it is 6:47 p.m. as of me posting this and and Halo 5 is nowhere to be seen on the Top 10 "Most Played" list on Xbox One. I know that we aren't in near peak hours yet, but it is just concerning me that the Microsoft flagship console exclusive title title is being beat by several multi-platform titles and ARK: Survival Evolved which is a just a game preview. 

But hey.. "We back" right? Do we have news for the January update yet?

EDIT: Forgot to mention we are probably in the low 50,000s to the upper 40,000s in terms of actual players in game as of now.

I really don't want to be that guy but it is 6:47 p.m. as of me posting this and and Halo 5 is nowhere to be seen on the Top 10 "Most Played" list on Xbox One.

It's #11.

Edit. Don't have source, someone find it for me. It was in a post sometime back.

If 343 doesn't add a classic playlist with no abilities on forged maps within 2-3 weeks of forge launching, I'm pretty much done with them.

If they show no respect to older players that made it possible for them to make millions of dollars, I'm done with the franchise as a whole.

Might be a bit harsh, but that's where I'm at right now and I'm sure other people agree.

If 343 doesn't add a classic playlist with no abilities on forged maps within 2-3 weeks of forge launching, I'm pretty much done with them.

If they show no respect to older players that made it possible for them to make millions of dollars, I'm done with the franchise as a whole.

Might be a bit harsh, but that's where I'm at right now and I'm sure other people agree.

That's a bit of an overreaction, to be honest. We don't have the gametypes for a classic playlist yet, so we'd be limited to Slayer and CTF.

At the very least, wait until Forge gets its bug fixes so the rest of us Forgers can move at full capacity.

Good luck with that. I'd probably check the date before I started throwing out random 2-3 week deadlines. Lol.

Dude, you realise that 2-3 weeks is a ******edly short time frame for forge maps to have been created right? Your average forger isn't able to make a quality map in the short of a period.

Dude, you realise that 2-3 weeks is a ******edly short time frame for forge maps to have been created right? Your average forger isn't able to make a quality map in the short of a period.

I've seen and played some pretty good maps and it's been about a week. 

I dont know why, but I just want this game to die out.
  • Downvote (-1) 1