CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I literally can't find a match on any playlist. Somebody wanna team up?

Preferably weapons that aren't ridiculously encouraging crouch walking bullshit on one of the campiest maps to ever Grace Halo.

I'd be content with trying maybe just two longer range weapons on that map like, one rail gun (even though I hate this weapon) and maybe a sniper (albeit with reduced ammo). 

Shotgun, Sword, Camo, and Rail gun don't need to be on this map in concert. I don't think I've died to a pistol a single time on this map.

You are such a nerd

Love hearing that. Means I do my job properly. XP

@@TheIcePrincess fair enough. If you are taking your remake serious and want to get it out there, I think being able to say it's 100% authentic is better than changing little things like that. But I wouldn't mind it either way. How far along are you?

I haven't even STARTED.

Game doesn't have the population to do such a thing. All it would mean is the game would find worse matches, and would be way slower.

Sigh. You are right I know. :(

Oh well still having so much more fun since the aim update.

I'd be content with trying maybe just two longer range weapons on that map like, one rail gun (even though I hate this weapon) and maybe a sniper (albeit with reduced ammo). 

Shotgun, Sword, Camo, and Rail gun don't need to be on this map in concert. I don't think I've died to a pistol a single time on this map.

Caster is a lot of fun on segmented maps.

If we're talking overgrowth its in Strongholds. Bad map still though

I know it's in Strongholds, but it should be in both modes.

Well if you look at the "Most Played" list on the Xbox One literally as of right now (10:53 AM), Halo 5 is not on in the Top 10. If you goto swbstats.com you can check the Starwars Battlefront is in spot number 7, and its population for the Xbox One and as of right now the population is 33,183 (not the 24hr peak). So people are rightfully guesstimating that the population is around the ~25,000 player mark. (keep in mind that this is NOT peak player times this was done around 11 A.M.)

We are most likely going to see a large increase because of christmas babbies, and 343 is putting money on increasing sales figures and general interest in the game with the HCS's $2,000,000 prize pool. Its pretty interesting to watch this ship very slowly sink.  

Holy shit, Reach has 22k right now, it was up to 27k last night (EU 10 p.m.)

The CE pistol is actually able to contest a PR or shotgun though, while the H5 pistol is outclassed by literally anything

I understand this and if you read what I posted earlier then you would of known that. The reason why I'm asking this person that question is because regardless if the Halo 5 pistol is buffed or not he wants to remove all uncontested weapons off the map that give players situational advantages over their opponent.

We have the ability to buff the pistol in Halo 5 by using custom game settings. Now that forge is out we also have the ability to make a more ideal weapon sandbox by condensing it. I'm not saying remove all weapons off the map and only keep power items on the map because that's too extreme. What I'm saying is remove all the redundant weapons off the map such as the BR, DMR, LR, Car, AR, SMG, bolt shot, scattershot, and suppressor. We can keep weapons on the map that have somewhat of a purpose such as the storm rifle(melts shields/OS), plasma pistol(melts shields/OS), and shotgun as long as we don't clutter the map with them.

Game doesn't have the population to do such a thing. All it would mean is the game would find worse matches, and would be way slower.

So loosen up the skill restrictions.

No party restrictions is unacceptable.

Could only think of this upon your saying of "we".

Lol

Seriously though we gotta get started on that, cant let these amateurs steal our thunder

Done.

The bridge is both off level, height wise, and incorrect in terms of how much wreckage is on the floor, to how much is missing from the actual structure.

You could keep the same wreckage on the floor but take some chunks out of the ceiling to make a skylight of sorts. It's probably more trouble than it's worth, but it would be more anatomically correct as far as gameplay is concerned.

I think the difference is that those weapons in CE are niche, whereas in Halo 5, they're just power weapons of different levels. The storm rifle for example, could and should have been a pro combo/OS melter/team shot weapon, not a destroyer of worlds. Its problem is that it's good on shields, but also super lethal (with the best non-power weapon TTK in the game). But since the plasma pistol exists, there's no real purpose for it. It does the same thing but fires different projectiles. Instead of just making it powerful, plasma stun from CE would have been a cool mechanic for it.

There's a few example like that that I'm not interested in listing, but the problem lies in the fact that 343 wanted to make everything useful, without giving them actual uses, and instead made them all powerful as lethal weapons. Powerful enough to outclass the loadout weapons in order to make them "worth picking up". The problem lies in the fact that a few of the said weapons don't take enough skill to have that sort of power level. The pistol is the most difficult weapon in the game, but it's also the weakest. Spending some time in high level FFA (esp. 6-man) has been enlightening on that.

I think the balance is impossible to achieve with fine-tuning ALL the different weapons in the sandbox (it's just too much work) but instead of removing weapons, the goal should be to give them interesting uses while not making all of them killing weapons. But before doing that, the pistol needs a straight buff and automatics need a nerf (just to keep the emphasis on gun skill in a game where the radar is used in competitive, because right now, there's just too much stupid crouching on maps like Empire). Just the TTK, right off the bat. Then from there, 343 should look at the different weapons that seem useless and give them some niche uses. 

I agree with you man. I want to see the pistol buffed, automatics nerfed, bullet magnetism nerfed, and weapons differentiating themselves by having unique traits and purposes. I want to see the storm rifle and plasma pistol have a stun and slow turn effect like the PR and PP from Halo CE, I want to see the AR be able to quick camo, and I want to see weapons having different melee ranges.

The problem is though that no matter how much we advocate for these changes and provide constructive feedback, 343 will never implement them into the game because they have their own agenda. Now that forge is out it's up to us to make more ideal settings for competitive play and support them regardless of how niche they are.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's one issue with that. I suck at Forge. Absolutely suck.

I shall show you the true power of the Forge my young grasshopper

Holy shit, Reach has 22k right now, it was up to 27k last night (EU 10 p.m.)

Reach has 25k right now. A good possibility that it's higher than Halo 5 currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game should not have JIP

Oh, it should but the player should have the option to opt-out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you man. I want to see the pistol buffed, automatics nerfed, bullet magnetism nerfed, and weapons differentiating themselves by having unique traits and purposes. I want to see the storm rifle and plasma pistol have a stun and slow turn effect like the PR and PP from Halo CE, I want to see the AR be able to quick camo, and I want to see weapons having different melee ranges.

The problem is though that no matter how much we advocate for these changes and provide constructive feedback, 343 will never implement them into the game because they have their own agenda. Now that forge is out it's up to us to make more ideal settings for competitive play and support them regardless of how niche they are.

And not everyone likes those changes. You have to remember that we are a small community compared to the ones that 343 will typically listen to.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And not everyone likes those changes. You have to remember that we are a small community compared to the ones that 343 will typically listen to

This couldn't be further from the truth. The ones 343 thinks they are listening to don't care either way. That type of gamer buys a game for its campaign and maybe plays a dozen games of multiplayer at best. They will hop on to whatever next game is "in" right now. These guys probably wouldn't even notice if their assault rifle shot needles, because they simply don't care.

This community is actually large, if you only considerthe people that actually care about playing the damn game.

Why 343 can't realize that by giving the people that care what they want, they win them over and don't alienate anyone else?

Not trying to step on the toes of the mythical "silent majority" has been the excuse for terrible decisions on next to anything on this earth, so can't we atleast not let it slide when its about halo?

• Upvote (+1) 6