CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Never used forge before but holy shit it's good in Guardians. I sat down and the next thing I know I've been at it 4 hours.

Can you tell what it is yet...

74hsLw7.jpg

Obviously a new map entirely called "The Bulge".

• Upvote (+1) 2

Never used forge before but holy shit it's good in Guardians. I sat down and the next thing I know I've been at it 4 hours.

Pitfall

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

74hsLw7.jpg

I hope you plan on adding more colour to it.

Any Australians able to get games?  So disappointing seeing Halo in this state.  Currently 10th on XBL most played.  

How do I download this?

Its still being made, he hopes to be able to play test it on Wednesday. His GT is wyvernzu and its in his fileshare.

I'm actually interested to see other remakes like Avalanche. I wasn't initially sold on having forge remakes make up BTB but if they look this good then I'm all for it.

Yeah people are doing some crazy stuff, some guy is recreating the pit and wyvernzu is going to make guardian after sandtrap

So Orion was removed from Matchmaking within a week of launch because of an out of map exploit. 

Antifreeze has multiple out of map exploits and yet no one has said a peep. We've seen a few tweets from 343 that they're moving studios and they're probably all going on holiday break soon - will they actually pull this map until this exploit is resolved? 

I just played a game of Antifreeze where one random on my team took the enemy flag, sat outside of the map and prevented them from capturing it. One minute left and the other team got outside the map, killed him, returned it and captured it. During this time, the other team were also outside the map with Binary Rifles and other weapons just killing us.

Still matching squads of 5's in holiday, ugh.

Why are you surprised? 

Social doesn't result in zero parties...

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 people is not enough for FFA. probably 1 in 5 games ends by time. And almost every game someone quits or laggs out, leaving 5-4 people... Then everyone left in the game has power weapons for days.

So apparantly 343's Forge Producer regularly hangs around ForgeHub's shoutbox. We were talking about the bugs and he actually acknowledged them and answered some questions.

Talk about a difference in communication.

See mods, this is why TB needs a shoutbox.

So apparantly 343's Forge Producer regularly hangs around ForgeHub's shoutbox. We were talking about the bugs and he actually acknowledged them and answered some questions.

Talk about a difference in communication.

See mods, this is why TB needs a shoutbox.

You want a shoutbox in the hopes that one developer will notice it and use it?

Nah, the shoutbox's for shitposting.

The communication thing is true though. Hell, we're talking about random shit right now.

Good for them, I guess. I don't think more developers are suddenly going to start posting here though if a shoutbox is added. I've personally never seen the point of a shoutbox on a forum. OT of GD seems to serve a similar purpose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we get a shoutbox people are just going to shit post about Halo 5 not being Halo 1,leading to less developers actually posting here. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So Orion was removed from Matchmaking within a week of launch because of an out of map exploit.

Antifreeze has multiple out of map exploits and yet no one has said a peep. We've seen a few tweets from 343 that they're moving studios and they're probably all going on holiday break soon - will they actually pull this map until this exploit is resolved?

I just played a game of Antifreeze where one random on my team took the enemy flag, sat outside of the map and prevented them from capturing it. One minute left and the other team got outside the map, killed him, returned it and captured it. During this time, the other team were also outside the map with Binary Rifles and other weapons just killing us.

Why are you surprised?

Social doesn't result in zero parties...

I played a kid on recurve that took the sniper way out of the map as well. That was fun.

Anyhow, here's the info so far from Duros.

- More scripting channels are a possibility, but they want to get everything cleaned up and working first.

- Water volumes are also a possibility. "if you gonna do water you want it to be reactive... but that presents some interesting challenges we are trying to see if it is possible to solve"

- Duros wants to get more FX added.

- When someone asked about the Falcon, he stated that the Forge team doesn't handle vehicles.

- They might add a grass hills terrain that isn't tied to a map.

- They'll be putting out some tutorial videos around the New Year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tried getting a game of Warzone - Unable to join.

Tried BTB - Unable to join.

Did I mention it's currently peak AU time atm.

Can only seem to get games in Team Slayer now.

Sound very much like a similar problem all us Oceana player had just recently.... *Cough MCC cough*.

So I decided to give Reach a game now that it's installed on my XB1. Yeah there are still armour abilities, but my god did my aiming feel good. That and the fact I could get a game in under a minute in a game that is almost 6 years old.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tom French, who's calling the shots in forge, is awesome. Guy responds to feedback and listens go constructive criticism. And he has a sweet beard.

breakout on regular maps with full shields >>> no shield breakout

'i really wish we can go back to the way the sword was in h2. Just whip it out and lunge. None of this delay shit

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Forge is still over my head. It's pretty interesting

Tom French, who's calling the shots in forge, is awesome. Guy responds to feedback and listens go constructive criticism. And he has a sweet beard.

Anybody with a beard is awesome. 

I saved 343 the time and fixed the map to their liking so it'll be in MM asap.

17Teuhb.jpg

JJ Abrams would have been proud.

j-j-abrams-lens-flare_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only played forge for a couple hours but having a really hard time getting used to the controls, can't even straighten a wall properly, anyone got any useful tips?

Only played forge for a couple hours but having a really hard time getting used to the controls, can't even straighten a wall properly, anyone got any useful tips?

It's a learning curve you'll have to go through. Once you get past it though, everything else is butter.

(My only tip is to press Y instead of X to close your spawning menu. If you use X, it returns you to the front page when you open it up again.)

• Upvote (+1) 1