CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

For the end of the year, Xbox has a 2015 Year in Review site, whereby you sign in with your Xbox Live/Microsoft account, and it creates a tile summary of your gaming statistics over 2015, including hours played and achievements/gamerscore earned. It also includes data on hours played in the major exclusives this year: Forza 6, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5: Guardians. According to Xbox Live data, the average hours played by the community in each of these titles was:

• Forza Motorsport 6: 23 hours
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: 21 hours
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 11 hours
  • Halo 5: Guardians: 10 hours
Yeesh.
That's a really a shit year in review, it's telling me stats about two games I didn't even play.

Apparently I played MCC the most. Put 68 hours into H5, which is probably lower actually because I spent a good 4 or 5 hours playing today.

For the end of the year, Xbox has a 2015 Year in Review site, whereby you sign in with your Xbox Live/Microsoft account, and it creates a tile summary of your gaming statistics over 2015, including hours played and achievements/gamerscore earned. It also includes data on hours played in the major exclusives this year: Forza 6, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Halo 5: Guardians. According to Xbox Live data, the average hours played by the community in each of these titles was:

• Forza Motorsport 6: 23 hours
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition: 21 hours
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider: 11 hours
  • Halo 5: Guardians: 10 hours

Yeesh.

"Best lineup in Xbox history!"

Yeah, no...

I think it was battlefield, but they did this where if you put like 75% damage and someone takes the kill you get credit for the kill and they get a kill-assist or some shit. I could be wrong.

I think recent Call of Duty titles did this too, not 100% sure. The biggest issue is I'm trying to get the commendation related to Assassinations and it's all but impossible because they just get stolen. 

Just turn it off bro, the animation

Not a solution - that's ignoring the problem.

Fix? The act was glorified with it's own medal, but yeah, I think it should be reworked to give credit to someone once they've begun the animation. Seems fair enough.

:)

That's a really a shit year in review, it's telling me stats about two games I didn't even play.

Anyway, apparently I played MCC the most. Put 68 hours into H5, which is probably lower actually because I spent a good 4 or 5 hours playing today.

It tells me I have like 112 hours played. There is no way, no way with things like two weeks going by without an xbox or a week not playing because I was playing on my new computer. I mean I played a good amount of Halo 5, but as a rank 43 that doesn't made sense

It tells me I have like 112 hours played. There is no way, no way with things like two weeks going by without an xbox or a week not playing because I was playing on my new computer. I mean I played a good amount of Halo 5, but as a rank 43 that doesn't made sense

Yeah, it's not a reliable number. All it does is track how long you had the app open, not how long you spent in games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, it's not a reliable number. All it does is track how long you had the app open, not how long you spent in games.

So the average of 10 hours played by the community is likely over the actual game-time.

Wow.

Though kind of concerning that the average for Halo 5 was about 10 hours. I mean, given that I think a lot of players just like to play single player and a few matches, it still doesn't look good no matter how I'm spinning this in my head. I actually quite like Halo 5, not at all your traditional Halo, more like a cousin of sorts, but still something I can say I like, just lacks a lot of features comparatively.

For the end of the year, Xbox has a 2015 Year in Review site, whereby you sign in with your Xbox Live/Microsoft account, and it creates a tile summary of your gaming statistics over 2015, including hours played and achievements/gamerscore earned.

Well, I apparently place within the top 5% of players in terms of most overall Xbox Live playtime while my gamerscore puts me in the 1%. Aaaaaaaaaaand 224 hours on Halo 5: Guardians. Well, snap. No life, confirmed.

Edit: Went on overall gametime. I have 312 hours in Halo 5, which is weird, since it's over the amount of time I had the app open. Number must be faulty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think recent Call of Duty titles did this too, not 100% sure. The biggest issue is I'm trying to get the commendation related to Assassinations and it's all but impossible because they just get stolen. 

Not a solution - that's ignoring the problem.

:)

That is a solution, because your assassinations won't get stolen anymore

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That is a solution, because your assassinations won't get stolen anymore

My assassinations won't exist anymore. Stop being awkward.

Well, I apparently place within the top 5% of players in terms of most overall Xbox Live playtime while my gamerscore puts me in the 1%. Aaaaaaaaaaand 224 hours on Halo 5: Guardians. Well, snap. No life, confirmed.

Edit: Went on overall gametime. I have 312 hours in Halo 5, which is weird, since it's over the amount of time I had the app open. Number must be faulty.

13 days.. Wow. 

My assassinations won't exist anymore. Stop being awkward.

Oh well, so apparantly assassinating people the old way isnt assassinating anymore after Halo 5. That sucksd

Actually, it's stupid.

If 343 gives you the option to turn it off your backsmacks should still be assassinations

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh well, so apparantly assassinating people the old way isnt assassinating anymore after Halo 5. That sucks

Dude... 

There's a difference between assassinating and a beat down. One gets the commendation, the other doesn't.

Dude...

There's a difference between assassinating and a beat down. One gets the commendation, the other doesn't.

It's two completely different things. Moa explained it well.

Another note, remember when we had H2C All-Star vs. 343 pro team during MCC? I wish we would get that again with H5. That was very fun to watch in my opinion.

This looks to be broken, obviously, but does your previous performance in pre-season have an effect on your season 1 rankings?

Not sure. My FFA CSR was 2600+ in preseason. Started at 1500 this season. If it does, it's inconsistent.

Not Halo 5 related but this is most likely the game you guys play the most it seems relevant

If you're interested in seeing Star Wars don't read any random messages you get on XBL so you don't get spoiled.

Not Halo 5 related but this is most likely the game you guys play the most it seems relevant

If you're interested in seeing Star Wars don't read any random messages you get on XBL so you don't get spoiled.

I'm about to see to see it in 50 minutes and I know nothing about it thankfully. Thanks, though, was about to check some unread messages on XBL before I left.

Got spoiled in a Twitch chat the night before I watched it so I recommend not reading those either lol. Still a great movie though.

Holy shit

f597146480.png

That's not a nice number

EDIT: That's lower than Forza 6, GEARS UE, and fucking tomb raider, for reference

fd23231569.pngffd54be763.png

• Upvote (+1) 1