CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In ranked whether you win or not is the main concern. In social the main concern is to have a fun game, a pub stomp is not a fun game, a close game can be a fun game regardless of whether you win or lose.

Also I ignored the rest of your post because it was irrelevant.

How is it irrelevant? The majority of players prefer loose skill MM.

This can be seen in the popularity of COD(unless you're going to actually sit here and say COD would be more popular with tight competitive skill MM(lol)) and in the fact that the most populated lists in halo games have always been the ones with loose skill MM.

Most players simply do not enjoy playing close game after close game after close game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How is it irrelevant? The majority of players prefer loose skill MM.

This can be seen in the popularity of COD(unless you're going to actually sit here and say COD would be more popular with tight competitive skill MM(lol)) and in the fact that the most populated lists in halo games have always been the ones with loose skill MM.

Most players simply do not enjoy playing close game after close game after close game.

That's the reason CoD is popular? Really?

You have no evidence to back up these claims.

Also you're acting like every single game is within 2 or 3 kills which isn't true. They're just aren't any blowout games, which is a good thing.

For example I just lost 50-37, I'd hardly call that a super close game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looking for someone here who is good and wanna play doubles ^^

Trying to get my Onyx, and then maybe champion. I was placed in gold because I started playing the game yesterday, and didn't know the maps, or how the weapons behaved or anything but I am in platinum tier 4 now. I play much better, and I am still getting better.

Played Overgrowth for swat, now that was a fun map to play on. Why? We didn't have swords and shotgun. It is a good map, 343 just picked really bad weapons for that map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it counter-intuitive that players have to find a workaround to be able to put items on static timers. You would think that with how much more advanced Halo 5's forge is compared to the other Halo games that it would be more convenient for us to be able to put items on static timers. 

Anyways I hope that you find a workaround for this problem because I would like to see all items on the map be on static timers not just the tier 3 power weapons. I like having every item on the map be on static timers for consistency and clarity.

I was just going to put power items on static timers, and leave regular pickups like the rifles and autos as-is.

This game was clearly not designed to be modular, and doesn't want you to do anything unintended.

Speaking of unintended, I made a Breakout clone in Strongholds, and would like to see how the game plays with a single Stronghold in the middle of the map instead of a Flag. I only have Altitude set up for it currently, but it's as easy as removing all but one of the Strongholds. Next on the list for the gametype to be totally functional is to have the item spawn partway through the round instead of it being there at the start.

Jesus christ, the potential for Forge is HUGE in this game. Plus people have already found ways to simulate rain and snow.

This map + snow =  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's the reason CoD is popular? Really?

You have no evidence to back up

So in your opinion why does COD, destiny, BF, titanfall, etc use loose skill MM in the majority of thier playlists?

So if I just got an emblem and a 1500 REQ point thing in a silver pack instead of a permanent unlock that means I'm done with silver packs? 

Jesus christ, the potential for Forge is HUGE in this game. Plus people have already found ways to simulate rain and snow.

This map + snow =  :goat:

Map looks great, too bad there's no infection. Guess its H2 honour system again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Map looks great, too bad there's no infection. Guess its H2 honour system again.

With what team switching?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So if I just got an emblem and a 1500 REQ point thing in a silver pack instead of a permanent unlock that means I'm done with silver packs? 

if it's the Nadir emblem then yes.

I just completed Silvers again, now onto Golds boyz #MarkIVDream

So wait, what's the deal with timers in this game?

You can't make anything static without a weapon pad, and weapon pads are shitty because they give away your position and you can't modify the amount of ammo in a weapon spawned on one.

Man I'm so behind you guys lol

Also, what weapons do you think would work best on overgrowth?

Storm Rifles only. 

Edit: Or Wiplash only, no shields, 120% movement speed. 

You can't make anything static without a weapon pad, and weapon pads are shitty because they give away your position and you can't modify the amount of ammo in a weapon spawned on one.

Wtf is wrong with the people who design this shit

• Upvote (+1) 4

So in your opinion why does COD, destiny, BF, titanfall, etc use loose skill MM in the majority of thier playlists?

Just because something's popular doesn't make it the right idea. Remember sprint?

Personally, I absolutely hate games where one team absolutely dominates the other. 50-40 is bearable, but 50-20? Fuck that.

Besides, Halo isn't like other FPS games. BF, COD, and Titanfall are based around individual performance to farm XP, rather than wins like Halo.

I don't get the lack of an option either, but I'm pretty sure you can easily use a scripting timer. I'll check it up later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Storm Rifles only.

Edit: Or Wiplash only, no shields, 120% movement speed.

As per usual, thanks for your contribution

Because console gamers are infinitely more casual than PC gamers. Most don't care to get better and play tough, competitive matches, they just want to feel good about themselves when they hop on a game by padding their stats.

When I spoke with my core group of RL friends that quit the game, they see Halo as being too competitive and requiring "too much skill" to be good at. So they go play Destiny or CoD which they themselves admit hand you free kills like candy and they look at their stats after a game, see they went insanely positive and feel good, regardless of the W/L.

It's hilarious too. There's so much relevant to the skillgap of a Halo game. Jumps, movement, strafe, gunskill, Power Weapon timing, communication, positioning, etc. You have to do research on these things. Yet I have one of my friends who's a Destiny tryhard saying that Halo is just your shot and callouts... when he has no idea about the deeper meta behind it (he was frustrated with his performance in this game at launch too).

It's of my opinion that people don't care for deep meta's outside of FG's anymore. Everything has to be stupid simple so people have fun and feel good about themselves AT THE EXPENSE of other's enjoyment. The funny thing is, most of these games have a generally low skill gap so even the relatively new players get a good chunk of kills every now and then so it keeps them playing. You're going to tell me that people are going to play Halo, which is arguably the most punishing popular console shooter on the market over something like CoD and Destiny? Please, that's a pipe dream. It's one of the reasons that Arena shooters have died out overall.

Getting kills easily/stat padding = enjoyment. That's been the trend of shooters and the casual market ever since CoD became a thing. 

But again, that's just my understanding of current gaming trends. I used to play high-end WoW arena so doing research outside of the game on strats, setups, and optimizing DPS was my bread and butter. I've always been into optimizing my play through creative venues. It's one of the main reasons I got into Halo in the first place.

Wtf is wrong with the people who design this shit

This is the type of stuff that most people on this forum understand but 343i and even the pros don't.