CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think at that at this point ffa should just be removed. It plays horribly in this game, the playlist population seems horrid. That playlist spot could be used better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yo can we talk about how ridiculously OP grenades are? The blast radius on those things is insane, you can literally get killed by one from the other side of cover. Couple that with hit markers and it's just a mess. I didn't think we could get grenades more annoying than H2A but alas here we are.

Not even hating, shotty snipers on antifreeze was an insanely fun social experience.

It even came complete with me getting 33 kills and only winning by 3 with a goose on my team!

Classic social.

But seriously, shotty snipes on antifreeze was a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 2

After playing Reach I realized how great of a job bungie did with the UI

I've always had a glowing opinion of the Halo Reach UI. It was just so perfect to me even though I never did quite like Reach's base game play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm fairly sure that Overgrowth isn't winning any awards at the Team Beyond show, but are there any ways to 'fix' it? With 5's forge, every map has access to the full palette, so we could go pretty crazy. I think replacing the sword with a tank will make the map very viable for competitive play.

I think I'm fairly sure that Overgrowth isn't winning any awards at the Team Beyond show, but are there any ways to 'fix' it? With 5's forge, every map has access to the full palette, so we could go pretty crazy. I think replacing the sword with a tank will make the map very viable for competitive play.

When you actually have to have a 50-meter radar just to balance a map, it's beyond saving.

Not even hating, shotty snipers on antifreeze was an insanely fun social experience.

It even came complete with me getting 33 kills and only winning by 3 with a goose on my team!

Classic social.

But seriously, shotty snipes on antifreeze was a blast.

I think I really just like antifreeze in general. I mean, I know someone might come in here and give me a very detailed explanation why I'm so wrong and the reasons why the map is broken and blah blah blah, but it just feels good so far. Also the map is very pretty to me.

Overgrowth would be a decent map on paper design wise. It's just the weapon set is going against Map Design 101. If you make a close range map, don't put a bunch of shotguns/swords/railguns on it. It's like putting Snipers on a huge open map like Standoff. Just an awful idea.

My ideal set up would be a (nerfed) Sniper Rifle, OS and Camo on the map instead of the Sword/Rail/Shotty currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It took 20 minutes to get a game at some points last night. When you do get games its literally the same people. This game won't last much longer unless they fix this shit.

Also, overgrowth is probably the worse map ever. I would play on rig all night to avoid overgrowth. It's that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo can we talk about how ridiculously OP grenades are? The blast radius on those things is insane, you can literally get killed by one from the other side of cover. Couple that with hit markers and it's just a mess. I didn't think we could get grenades more annoying than H2A but alas here we are.

Meh, other than the annoying spike grenades or whatever the hell they are called, grenades aren't that bad. With thruster at everyone's disposal they need to be strong.

A friend told me that if you're forging with a friend and quit you get a quit penalty. Can anyone confirm?

Is literally everything an oversight??

giphy.gif

343 y u do dis?

I think I really just like antifreeze in general. I mean, I know someone might come in here and give me a very detailed explanation why I'm so wrong and the reasons why the map is broken and blah blah blah, but it just feels good so far. Also the map is very pretty to me.

Its so bad for slayer. The spawn flip flopping...uggghhhh

Overgrowth would be a decent map on paper design wise. It's just the weapon set is going against Map Design 101. If you make a close range map, don't put a bunch of shotguns/swords/railguns on it. It's like putting Snipers on a huge open map like Standoff. Just an awful idea.

My ideal set up would be a (nerfed) Sniper Rifle, OS and Camo on the map instead of the Sword/Rail/Shotty currently.

Completely agree with your first statement, cool map terrible weapon choices. I was actually thinking a plasma caster would be a good combination with the map design to highlight the weapons utility. For once it could actually be a power weapon. 

Completely agree with your first statement, cool map terrible weapon choices. I was actually thinking a plasma caster would be a good combination with the map design to highlight the weapons utility. For once it could actually be a power weapon. 

The Caster is godlike on Empire and Rig as well. I wouldn't mind seeing it on Slayer Overgrown as it's already on the Strongholds version of it.

2-13 teammates boys.

Welp, social lasted me what? 2 hours? Already done with it.

Pretty much all snipers all the fucking time. At least FIX the sniper before bombarding me with sniper heavy playlists.

God fucking damnit.

Its so bad for slayer. The spawn flip flopping...uggghhhh

Spawning seems to be consistent problem in the game and at this point I'm questioning if optimal spawn point positioning can even really help or internally the spawn system has it's priorities broken. Or every person that managed the spawn points in all the dev and community cartographers maps released just screwed up in that department. I really don't know.

Though, if the spawns were better and more predictable for that map, what would be your feelings on it?

Ok so I decided to re-download the game after the patch game out to see if things changed. Overall I'd say it's a step in the right direction (aiming controls are a good change) but there's still a few glaring problems. This game by far has the most broken FFA I've ever played..have no idea how anyone can have fun in that. I somehow placed champion (broken ranking system btw) after my placement games and didn't have fun at all.

There's so many engagements when there's literally nothing you can do as a player. The radar is abysmal and you just are left wondering "where did he come from over and over again". Spartan charge makes me wonder why I even bother to play video games..It just rewards awful players who run around the maps mindlessly, the tunnel and corner happy maps doesn't help . The amount of power weapon kills in FFA is unreal, you have to use them if you want to win. Back in the older halos all you needed was a steady shot and good decision making. I'm doing decent at the game only because I have to erase everything about playing halo 5 like a halo game.

FFA needs a complete re-working. Forge should help in creating actual working maps for the playlist.

I can only talk about FFA because the team playlist is impossible without a team of four. This can be a decent game, 343 actually needs to be completely honest with themselves. Complacency is the death of creativity and they're some objectively legit problems with the game.

PS: For the love of all that is holy can we get a four shot pistol...it will instantly balance the op automatics, easy to use power weapons, and help combat the problems with sprint and thruster. All it takes is one bullet..

2-13 teammates boys.

Welp, social lasted me what? 2 hours? Already done with it.

Pretty much all snipers all the fucking time. At least FIX the sniper before bombarding me with sniper heavy playlists.

God fucking damnit.

I think I pretty much agreed to get rid of map voting, but map vetoing was something I think would be a way better than nothing at all. Doesn't fix the playlist game mode/map lopsiding effect on a deep level, but it would help.

Yeah 343 needs to do something about Overgrowth. Why 343 felt like they needed to put a sword on a map with small corridors, a miniscule radar, and a shotgun that doesn't even have full ammo  is beyond me.

Check it.

8Ay9pAc.jpg

I got 22 Power Weapon kills (read that sword kills) on Overgrowth.

Very soon everyone is going to realize all you have to do is get sword control and bum rush around the map. As long as you have an iota of control with the sword and choose your kills somewhat liberally you can get a perfection easily on overgrowth. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is it full still or is it possible to join?

It's possible to send join requests but the group is currently full. You'll be put on a list waiting to be accepted and I'll let you in first come first serve once there's a slot.

I believe its full.

@@Moa..Is it possible you could look at some of the members to see how many are still actively playing? I would bet there are players in our company that dont even play anymore.

Some of these commendations are going to take a long time and we're going to need all the help we can get.

Just a thought....

EDIT: Just quickly looking through the list , I found somebody named : Bondservant 28. He has 0 multiplayer games played with a SR 1.

If you want me to go through the whole list and pick out situations like this , let me know.

Actually planned on doing this last night but then I remembered how slow Waypoint can get. I'll give it another go, now. 

Yeah @@Moa do something around here you lazy fuck

Yeah, fuck you @@Moa

• Upvote (+1) 2