CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

lol, hijacking peoples vehicles in Warzone is really satisfying for some reason. Speeding off with their whole teaming shooting at you is like just taking sips of sweet success. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't listen to them. I like the fact that you are involved posting here.

honestly, it really sucks that we have some people who will attack a person who genuinely enjoys being a part of the community, isn't nearly as cynical as most on here are(including myself), and is actually competent on the inner workings of halo in many areas. Like I get that it can be annoying when it might go on for too long for some people, but people act as if it's always random jokes and never halo, and that's absolute bullshit.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

When I'm spending far more time on a forum than I am on the actual game, you know something is wrong.

Personally, I think this game is great when it comes to map design and the sandbox. Unfortunately, I only play solo queue because of my schedule. If I only have x amount of hours to play games, I don't want to just get crushed by to4s or deal with children that quit out of games and AFK.. I know I have the skill to compete with Champion players since I've made it all the way to Champion 18 in Team Arena by myself and most recently, made it to Champion 3 in Arena Breakout.

I truly enjoy this game, but the matchmaking really pushes me away.It's extremely frustrating not having fair matches. I went almost two weeks without playing Arena. I want to play every day, but I'm not going to waste my time with the matchmaking right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man I can't wait to see forge versions of Lockout, Pit, Battle Creek, Construct, Narrows, etc.

I think Narrows and Construct could work. Still need a 4sk pistol though. 

I don't know why I'm punishing myself going in solo, it's so brutal. To4 everytime. 

Ive only had the mental stamina to play a handful of 4's matchmaking solo... I've almost never been apart of a "fair" game in H5, that was't champion division FFA. 

The classic BR scope is so sexy. We need to be allowed to use that in any* gametype we want. Please, 343! 

Not a fan of going down to 6 man FFA's. 8 was fine on almost every map, they just need to address the issue of, line of sight, having next to no influence on spawns...

Personally, I think this game is great when it comes to map design and the sandbox. Unfortunately, I only play solo queue because of my schedule. If I only have x amount of hours to play games, I don't want to just get crushed by to4s or deal with children that quit out of games and AFK.. I know I have the skill to compete with Champion players since I've made it all the way to Champion 18 in Team Arena by myself and most recently, made it to Champion 3 in Arena Breakout.

I truly enjoy this game, but the matchmaking really pushes me away.It's extremely frustrating not having fair matches. I went almost two weeks without playing Arena. I want to play every day, but I'm not going to waste my time with the matchmaking right now.

Lol, map design and sandbox are the two biggest issues in my opinion. Well, after the aiming issue. 

This game, IMO, is one of if not the worst offender of "team-shot Halo", the individual is helpless without a decent team. Not that teamwork isn't important but it feels like the only deciding factor in a game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol, hijacking peoples vehicles in Warzone is really satisfying for some reason. Speeding off with their whole teaming shooting at you is like just taking sips of sweet success. 

Out of an 80's action movie lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ive only had the mental stamina to play a handful of 4's matchmaking solo... I've almost never been apart of a "fair" game in H5, that was't champion division FFA. 

The classic BR scope is so sexy. We need to be allowed to use that in any* gametype we want. Please, 343! 

Not a fan of going down to 6 man FFA's. 8 was fine on almost every map, they just need to address the issue of, line of sight, having next to no influence on spawns...

I would increase radar range before any other change.  Spawn influence does need a bigger radius too.  I feel like some of the maps just don't have enough spawn points, like Fathom and Plaza.  And the AR needs a nerf.  It's simply too easy to get kills with.  It contests the Magnum far too easily.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol, map design and sandbox are the two biggest issues in my opinion. Well, after the aiming issue.

This game, IMO, is one of if not the worst offender of "team-shot Hvalo", the individual is helpless without a decent team. Not that teamwork isn't important but it feels like the only deciding factor in a game.

it really is comparable to 100% bloom reach, if not worse, even I'm admitting now how bad thrust is as a mechanic for halo(although I still think making it a charge solves most if the problems, however there's better, more simple mechanics with far more depth). Combine with the slow killtimes, and map design, there's almost nothing you can do on your own to inflict real punishment consistently.

Hey guys. Sorry for the off topic post.

Posting should be back to normal. I spent the better part of 3 hours ripping my hair out to find what was causing it. I sacrifice my hair for you.

Love,

Sauce

Lovesauce. Sounds delicious.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys. Sorry for the off topic post.

Posting should be back to normal. I spent the better part of 3 hours ripping my hair out to find what was causing it. I sacrifice my hair for you.

Love,

Sauce

love sauce? Gross.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT BEAST!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I saw that as well, did you see what I'm talking about? I'm pretty confused.

"the higher the setting, the quicker you will reach top speed, and the lower the setting, the longer it takes to reach top speed."

That's what I'm not understanding at all either. From what they described it as I would assume I'd want it to be 10, but they said the beta was 2.  :unsure:

That's cool that you enjoy the game and I genuinely wish I could say the same. I've been able to make the transition from Halo 2 to 3 and even from 3 to Reach. Unfortunately I have not been able to transition to the 343-made Halo's. H5's gameplay is more stressful than fun to me. It's a lot of straws that break the camels back when it comes to Halo 5. The overpowered autos, the easy BR and sniper(even easier than H4's), the poor quality vehicles & Spartan laser, Spartan charge, jump-melee delay, missed ground pounds making me one shot, horrible spawns, the cluttered sandbox, the splinter grenades...just to name a few.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think that's how the Arena one works because I got the same thing. The Warzone one gives you good stuff.

I got a rare armor from the first arena win of the day. 

I'm really not a fan of breakout on asymmetrical maps at all. I get the weekend playlists are for fun or whatever, but it ruins the competitive aspect of the game mode entirely.

Well damn. Guess you're the winner.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic? I was just letting you know that you can get other stuff out of the arena pack...