CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You think? I am interested to see how it plays out.

I just feel like one life modes don't fit Halo's style. Even if the settings are closer to the default

How were you even able to forge invasion dude? Reach's forge was awesome but trying to assign sequences and orders and labels was a pain. You need to show pics of this map, that sounds really cool

I could only get pics via a crappy iPod. No capture software. Best bet would be to get someone on that map with me, to play it. I could also wait for backwards compat, then twitch stream it.

I had a similar map, I actually plan on redoing it since I've been mostly playing reach. Invasion was one of the reasons I forged as much as I did, it being gone makes forge just a geometry placer, forging invasion maps was like giving life to your map because of how complex of a process it was.

It was complex, and pretty fun. You always have those "eureka" moments when you do something right, which of course, was tedious on its own.

They all do have weapons on them. Some have power-weapons. Hyrda, Shotguns, Camo exist, but maps also have standard weapons like DMRs, BRs, Assault Rifles. I think it would absolutely benefit having more power weapons. I think the plasma caster would make for a very powerful weapon in this mode compared to standard shields/health

If anything the arena breakout should have more of this.

I played fathom and it had 1 shotgun and that was it.

I'm not expecting any miracles, it's still going to be random and stagnant since h5 is like that anyway, making the game elimination makes this much worse, never mind the health difference that default breakout has.

Someone said it has normal shields right? That's what I'm mainly worried about. It's hard to balance one life modes with a lot of health since being down 1 or 2 people gets really lopsided. And the placement of weapons/the actual weapons needs to be done really well.

I could only get pics via a crappy iPod. No capture software. Best bet would be to get someone on that map with me, to play it. I could also wait for backwards compat, then twitch stream it.

You say that like I care about quality lmao

Thank god, I feel like Michael J Fox right now in Halo 5 and I don't know why. Hope this fixes my issues.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I played fathom and it had 1 shotgun and that was it.

Ok?

I didn't mention anything about fathom or other ARENA maps for breakout, since you asked for breakout maps. @@Moa had answered you it looks like if you were asking for the arena maps in breakout mode.

nevermind I decided to read that article.. cool stuff though. I really hope this allows me to lower my aim sensitivity by removing as much aim acceleration as possible.

Don't be so dramatic.

Just want to mention this is what he means when he says you put people down. Most people do this but your posts are littered excessively with an attitude of passive aggressive attacks on people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the look acceleration the big issue with this game? If so THANK GOD THEY TOLD US THE SETTINGS FOR BETA. Beta aim was PERFECTION

If you would like the Look Acceleration to match the Multiplayer Beta, use a setting of 2 here.

1 it is.

EDIT: So a change from 2 to 3 made the aiming feel absolutely ridiculous?

What the hell does 10 feel like, then?

Is the look acceleration the big issue with this game? If so THANK GOD THEY TOLD US THE SETTINGS FOR BETA. Beta aim was PERFECTION

Hard to say.

Halo 3's aiming problems were not related to aim acceleration as tested by Aggressnyak, but perhaps his tests were off. Halo 5 feels a lot like Halo 3 in that regard.

Someone said it has normal shields right? That's what I'm mainly worried about. It's hard to balance one life modes with a lot of health since being down 1 or 2 people gets really lopsided. And the placement of weapons/the actual weapons needs to be done really well.

Yep normal shields, I think a lot of people had an issue with the "swat"-esqe shield style going on.

All the maps except Rig have been good so far.

Rig has an unfair Railgun spawn, blue team is guaranteed to get it.

Hard to say.

Halo 3's aiming problems were not related to aim acceleration as tested by Aggressnyak, but perhaps his tests were off. Halo 5 feels a lot like Halo 3 in that regard.

Very true. I'm hoping someone cracks the code here and figures out how to get that snappy halo 2/1 aiming though. Sooo crisp

Breakout isn't fun to play and it isn't fun to watch. The new Arena Breakout is no different. The whole mode was a huge waste of time and resources that could have been used to make more maps, higher quality maps and to make sure staple gametypes such as oddball, koth and assault were in the game at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 it is.

EDIT: So a change from 2 to 3 made the aiming feel absolutely ridiculous?

What the hell does 10 feel like, then?

It didn't look like my post went through.. but the way it sounds, I want to put it up to 10. They claim it was on 2, and that putting it to 3 allowed people to reach that 180 turn speed faster. 1 sounds like it'd be awful.

Yep normal shields, I think a lot of people had an issue with the "swat"-esqe shield style going on.

I think it helps for the most part to have lower shields. The perfect kill times have to be quick enough to allow you to come back when down a man. It's gonna be hard to get the jump on people in a 1v2 and kill even one of them I feel. But we shall see.