CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What have I done? It's what I WILL do. I'll gladly keep an open mind and provide unbiased feedback where my mind isn't already made up. Elimination in past halos were poorly implemented. This, like infinity said, could be great pending weapons/placement, etc.

And yeah, IF assault were in the game I could see it being better than neutral flag (with some twists like attack/defend).

And nobody else WILL do anything at all? People can dislike a game mode and still try it, but I'd assume people are displeased with this game type because 1) it really isn't anything innovating 2) this could be added to the list of things were getting that we didn't ask for.

I just don't see the point in your post at all.. Like you could have just stated that you're excited and willing to test, and you're looking for others to test with. I would be down for testing too. Instead you had to put the complainers down and make yourself seem better. So like I said, I've seen and heard plenty of good ways to make break out a deeper game mode and have given my input there as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd be hard pressed to show a track record by either Halo developer demonstrating a "live and let live" approach to content and customs.

That's my point. It's a purely aesthetic addition to the game that doesn't alter gameplay, so of course they're fine with putting it in.

No. You couldn't exit the teleport correctly in some configurations. I think this addresses that problem.

What have I done? It's what I WILL do. I'll gladly keep an open mind and provide unbiased feedback where my mind isn't already made up. Elimination in past halos were poorly implemented. This, like infinity said, could be great pending weapons/placement, etc.

And yeah, IF assault were in the game I could see it being better than neutral flag (with some twists like attack/defend).

An Obj on any of the current Breakout maps won't change the way the game plays. The maps are too small for a 1 bomb attack/defend gametype. Play Search and Destroy on Raid or Standoff and then go play a game of Search on Nuketown. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lights that aren't terrible

Is it sad that I'm more excited over this than some of the other main additions?

For real though, the weapon features in Forge are sick.

An Obj on any of the current Breakout maps won't change the way the game plays. The maps are too small for a 1 bomb attack/defend gametype. Play Search and Destroy on Raid or Standoff and then go play a game of Search on Nuketown. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

If the maps are too small for a 1bomb attack and defend, that doesn't mean that there isn't any single objective out there that can make breakout play better than this simpler version of extraction from Shadowrun. I've heard so many good ideas, I'm not too sure how people think an oddball you can hold for 10-15 seconds or something would play exactly the same as neutral flag. Having the team who holds the flag at the end of the round, changes the game and creates a forced win/loss situation rather than a tie. Making the mode more like attrition than extraction would change it as well.

I might agree with you saying attack and defend would probably not work, but I disagree with "an obj on any of the current maps won't change the way the game plays". 

Just put it in front of spawn points.

And make it unable to be picked up by anyone who doesn't spawn there, or make its ammo unable to be picked up?

Just put it in front of spawn points.

That's the worst solution to a simple problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

And nobody else WILL do anything at all? People can dislike a game mode and still try it, but I'd assume people are displeased with this game type because 1) it really isn't anything innovating 2) this could be added to the list of things were getting that we didn't ask for.

I just don't see the point in your post at all.. Like you could have just stated that you're excited and willing to test, and you're looking for others to test with. I would be down for testing too. Instead you had to put the complainers down and make yourself seem better. So like I said, I've seen and heard plenty of good ways to make break out a deeper game mode and have given my input there as well.

Don't be so dramatic. Theres two clear examples of what I had issues with before your post. Idk why you're being so butthurt that I was referring to you.

That's the worst solution to a simple problem.

Dude, I'm the best at worst solutions. XP In seriousness, things should be patched in. 

And make it unable to be picked up by anyone who doesn't spawn there, or make its ammo unable to be picked up?

Well, for example, if you had a 4v4 map, just place one in front of each spawn. Everyone would get one. Of course, it's a bad solution as the above quote says, but that was assuming we don't get this patched in (Which shouldn't be the case, given we were told anything could be patched in).

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well, you'd imagine any weapon that's placeable in Forge would be an option for a spawn weapon. Let's hope they fix some of the custom options like having no secondary or camo being useless with faster movement as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude, I'm the best at worst solutions. XP In seriousness, things should be patched in. 

Well, for example, if you had a 4v4 map, just place one in front of each spawn. Everyone would get one. Of course, it's a bad solution as the above quote says, but that was assuming we don't get this patched in (Which shouldn't be the case, given we were told anything could be patched in).

If I have a pistol and I'm in the enemy base, I can either grab another weapon, and pick up a pistol from one of their spawns, therefore forcing them to look for a weapon that was meant to be accessible on spawn.

Or I can grab ammo from them.

Or I can start juggling them and fuck up their positions.

It's not a solution, and I'm sure not one that 343 will want to see in competition anytime soon.

No more talk about how to solve the problem of the CE pistol not being a spawn weapon please. We don't even know if that's the case or even what it'll be like.  

No more talk about how to solve the problem of the CE pistol not being a spawn weapon please. We don't even know if that's the case or even what it'll be like.  

Denial is so comforting.

Don't be so dramatic. Theres two clear examples of what I had issues with before your post. Idk why you're being so butthurt that I was referring to you.

I don't think you were referring to me. I know that because I have tried to generate some discussion about improving breakout. I took exception to your post because you wrote it in a way that made it seem like you are helping more so than the complainers, when in reality I don't know what you have done at all. Which is why I originally asked in my response..  Your answer was not what you have done but what you will do. Which right now, is essentially the same exact thing as the complainers have contributed.

That's all there is too it. Believe me, I'm not "butthurt" or personally offended by this at all, but I have a habit of calling out passive aggressive and sarcastic posts, or posts I feel are hypocritical. It's pretty dumb to be honest but some people I guess get bothered by it than others. Sorry if my response to your dramatic post was also dramatic lol. Mind if i post the same advice for you? Don't be so dramatic lol.

If the maps are too small for a 1bomb attack and defend, that doesn't mean that there isn't any single objective out there that can make breakout play better than this simpler version of extraction from Shadowrun. I've heard so many good ideas, I'm not too sure how people think an oddball you can hold for 10-15 seconds or something would play exactly the same as neutral flag. Having the team who holds the flag at the end of the round, changes the game and creates a forced win/loss situation rather than a tie. Making the mode more like attrition than extraction would change it as well.

I might agree with you saying attack and defend would probably not work, but I disagree with "an obj on any of the current maps won't change the way the game plays". 

Yeah I accidentally posted before I was finished typing then tried to edit it and fucked up. haha Anyhow, the only objective I could see working would be an oddball. Which I have stated before. I was just pointing out that the maps are too small for any other type of objective. Even a neutral bomb or a 1 bomb mode.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmm has the livestream for forge started yet? Or has it already ended?

3PM PST

3 hours left.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I accidentally posted before I was finished typing then tried to edit it and fucked up. haha Anyhow, the only objective I could see working would be an oddball. Which I have stated before. I was just pointing out that the maps are too small for any other type of objective. Even a neutral bomb or a 1 bomb mode.

I agree that these small symmetrical maps cause issues for providing a deeper OBJ on breakout. Attack and defend modes definitely work better on asymmetrical. A map size like Gambol would be pretty cool to try these out with but I would like to see some asymmetrical maps made.