CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is this fucking real

How about GAMETYPES WE HAVE COME TO EXPECT OVER THE LAST DECADE

I don't know why you're constantly expecting gametypes that simply aren't in Halo 5 in these weekend playlists. They don't exist in the game, period.

This is literally the polar opposite of the linear, instant grenade, no shields nonsense.

Breakout literally still has instant grenade and no shield nonsense. They did not fix that. At all. Not in any way. No matter how much you want to think it, they haven't. That's why people are dismissing it. It's as simple as it gets.

CONTROL THE BALL TO EARN POINTS

THE LONGER YOU HOLD THE BALL THE MORE POINTS YOU'LL EARN. THE MORE POINTS YOU EARN THE BETTER CHANCE YOU HAVE AT WINNING. KILL THE ENEMY TO STOP THEM FROM HOLDING THE BALL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know why you're constantly expecting gametypes that simply aren't in Halo 5 in these weekend playlists. They don't exist in the game, period.

Because if they're not in the game they can be added, which they HAVEN'T been

What's funny about this is I actually made a point on reddit shortly after launch to discuss how Breakout using its own map selection is a terrible decision.

Of course that was met with ridicule by the r/halo community, but now 343i seems to agree.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3rzeh4/breakout_is_hurting_halo_5_more_than_you_think/

agree 100%. Breakout having an entirely unique set of maps undoubtably took a huge chunk out of their development resources. While I do enjoy the mode it is a complete waste compared to the potential they could have brought towards making additional Arena maps instead of having to do art and play testing for a completely different set.

Missing gametypes aren't going to show up in some weekend playlist all of a sudden; they'd be in a bigger Update like BTB, Forge...

Yeah I don't get this logic either rofl. Prayers for an Infection reveal on tonight's livestream

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was under the impression reading the update that the shield disparity is no longer present. 'Arena Settings on Arena maps'

I think they did fix the traits

I read it the same way; I guess we'll know for sure later today.

Guess it was confirmed on reddit (see above posts).

• Upvote (+1) 1

People's two biggest complaints with Breakout were the lack of shields/inconsistency with H5's normal pace, and the lack of power weapons to incentivize movement and allow big turnarounds each round.

This is literally the polar opposite of the linear, instant grenade, no shields nonsense.

Are you really going to dismiss it simply because it shares the word Breakout in the title?

Explain to me how increasing shields AND increasing the power of the weapons on the field is somehow a net gain. Having a sniper on the map with full shields is no different than having a DMR on the map with little/no shields.

Breakout will still be stagnant. It might actually be even more so now that the relevancy of the starting weapon has been nerfed.

Nevermind that this is yet another instance of 343 saying "well we had a shitty idea but we're too proud to let it die a proper death so here's some watered down solution".

• Upvote (+1) 9

Explain to me how increasing shields AND increasing the power of the weapons on the field is somehow a net gain. Having a sniper on the map with full shields is no different than having a DMR on the map with little/no shields.

Breakout will still be stagnant. It might actually be even more so now that the relevancy of the starting weapon has been nerfed.

An instant kill is a little bit faster than however long it takes to get 3 shots out of a DMR.

yh0cb5B.png

Default shields

Fucking hell, 343. Be clear just once in your lives on blog posts. I'm glad this change is happening and now I'm open to the gametype.

Default shield breakout on normal maps? Fucking awesome.

I will gladly test this and provide feedback rather than bitchjnf right off the bat.

Some of you do absolutely nothing to help curate new experiences. This could play really well and be pretty intense.

Ill hold my opinion until I play it before I just start shit posting right off the bat (with false information mind you).

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What we really need though is a 4v4v4v4 Multi Team Breakout weekend playlist  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

What we really need though is a 4v4v4v4 Multi Team Breakout weekend playlist  :kappa:

Fixed

• Upvote (+1) 2

How the hell do we not have Double REQ Points weekends or some shit, like Bungie literally gave you guys a blueprint of what fun is and I'm sitting here voting for Team Slayer to be a weekend playlist.

this!

plus i fully expected 343i to come up with Daily, Weekly and Monthly Missions that when completed give you eg a silver or golden REQ Pack

the Monthly Mission should maybe even give you a "Platinum Pack" which is rated above "Gold Pack" with maybe 4 permanent unlocks or higher rarity unlocks

Some of you do absolutely nothing to help curate new experiences. This could play really well and be pretty intense.

o sorry i forgot i had the keys to the car

You were the very person I am referring to who vouched for the potential for ACTUAL Power Weapons to be included in Breakout to allow classic Halo turnovers and impressive plays. Things like Rockets/Railgun and actual powerful weapons instead of Hydras and DMRs are going to allow that.

Uh, you might want to reach back into your memory banks on that one.

agree 100%. Breakout having an entirely unique set of maps undoubtably took a huge chunk out of their development resources. While I do enjoy the mode it is a complete waste compared to the potential they could have brought towards making additional Arena maps instead of having to do art and play testing for a completely different set.

Yeah I don't get this logic either rofl. Prayers for an Infection reveal on tonight's livestream

They maps were forged. Two of them were the simplest of paintball fields, while the other three were designed by the Pro Testers. How much of a drain on 343's resources could this have actually been?

They maps were forged. Two of them were the simplest of paintball fields, while the other three were designed by the Pro Testers. How much of a drain on 343's resources could this have actually been?

I have to agree here.

Warzone's a much more likely culprit for the Arena map hit.

THE LONGER YOU HOLD THE BALL THE MORE POINTS YOU'LL EARN. THE MORE POINTS YOU EARN THE BETTER CHANCE YOU HAVE AT WINNING. KILL THE ENEMY TO STOP THEM FROM HOLDING THE BALL.

this was infuriating 

that should of only happened the first time you play the game type