CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Argonaut Idmon is the only legendary thing I have. Good thing it has the coolest name ever. It just looks like someone tried too hard to mix EVA, Vanguard, and ODST... But resulted in a OK-Looking armor.

Argonaut Idmon is the only legendary thing I have. Good thing it has the coolest name ever. It just looks like someone tried too hard to mix EVA, Vanguard, and ODST... But resulted in a OK-Looking armor.

I like the helmet to it, looks Bioshock-y. Body armor's "eh".

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hmm about to buy a gold pack, I know you guys don't care but I'll update my post with the crap gear I get. 

EDIT: I guess this one wasn't bad, I got two armor sets, Cypher and Breaker Doomsday. 

I care.

Thanks mate, That warms the heart. Oh if you didn't know, I am also the newest guitarist of Metallic. 

Boom that salty neg. Just mad because my mom told me I was good at guitar. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are there CRTs without a glass screen? I think it might be rear projection. Would explain the big-ass behind on the thing.

Post a picture or what's the model number?

Thanks mate, That warms the heart. Oh if you didn't know, I am also the newest guitarist of Metallic. 

Boom that salty neg. Just mad because my mom told me I was good at guitar. 

LOL. Salty negs happen. Upvoted, because seriously; I don't get the context behind the neg. Was pointless. Anyhow, welcome aboard Metallic. We melt minds. 

Edit: That's what I mean. :P No context.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

So I played H5 for the first time in about a week and a half.

I had a pretty bad last session that casued me to take a break, I really was not enjoying the game and thought maybe a little time off would reset my negativity...

Boy was I wrong.  This game is just not fun.  I don't even want to finish any of the games I start, even if we are winning.  I have never had such a desire to quit mid game.

I hated Reach but when I was playing with friends it was tolerable; H5 is not fun no matter who I am playing with. Halo 5 just doesn't feel "right".

Same here. Played my first game of h5 since around blops 3 came out and I couldn't even get through a whole game. I got really bored super fast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No context? I neg you because your posts have zero context. Its not even Halo related one. Its literally spam in a Forum where Halo fans all around the world come to read. Lurkers from Waypoint and Reddit, Pros, Developers, Halo Personalities, Halo vets, people that just search for news and many more. All of us have to read through your "metalic band" crap posts just to see something Halo related. This is the main Halo 5 thread that probably most people read right next to the World Champs one. Its not a private chat. Just PM each other about that "band" crap or your REQs that no one cares about. Or deal with my negs. I will hand them out more in the future.

I enjoy negging people that care so much about their rep even more.

ruh7Z.gif

Reqs are actually Halo content mate, the band thing is just a joke. Do you live life that seriously? I mean I understand it's not top 100% content, but nothing to get butthurt over. It's more a less a joke while still being Halo related. I get shit reqs, yay me. And it's not even the rep that matters, it's the fact that you wasted your time to click neg for such a silly reason. Learn to take a joke m8. You can neg me again for this post if it satisfies your masculine epeen. Or any one of these "professional viewers" that reads the threads. They can neg too, I play games and visit this forum for fun. You apparently visit it as a job. Guess that is the difference. /internet arguement

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I mean I have to agree with Lambo here, ever since Ice Princess joined these forums the Shit Posting has increased a lot (not saying Ice Princess is the main shitposter, just in general with the awful puns). Then again, it's always been in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 6

OMG IM SO FUCKING TIRED OF RNG PACKS

Like holy fuck, theyre in every game now. Theyre bad enough in CCG's, but devs have decided to chuck them in every way possible to make a quick buck while killing the experience of progression by making everything random. I WANT TO BE AWARDED FOR PROGRESSION AND ACHIEVEMENTS NOT FUCKING RNG.

CSGO does it right, purely weapon aesthetics. If Halo 5 was only skins or armour decals (as well as the warzone crap) it would be fine, especially with an in game trading system. Blops3's Black Market is also good; it only deals stuff like skins and emblem parts nothing takes away from the progression and prestige thats already been in the game. 

Halo 3 has fucking Hyabusa, Security, Rogue and fucking Recon. All were unique and some were very prestigious, and really meant something. A Katana was like godly Recon was like seeing a shooting star before vidmasters (and even then vidmasters were fucking hard). Reach was more progression based with credit grinding, but it was still rewarding buying that armour you had your eye on after all that time. It had awesome stuff like Emile's EVA, the sniper shoulder piece, Security knife shoulder piece, and Breacher with the cyborg arm. AND THE FUCKING FLAMING SKULL HELMET.

It also had the firefight voices, and the armour effects, which imo were the coolest customisation options ine the whole series. I loved my Legendary red flames spouting from my head, or the flies and green blood splattering everywhere with Pestulence. So sick.

But Halo 4, Halo 5, REQs... fuck REQ's

• Upvote (+1) 9

LOL. Salty negs happen. Upvoted, because seriously; I don't get the context behind the neg. Was pointless. Anyhow, welcome aboard Metallic. We melt minds. 

Edit: That's what I mean. :P No context.

muh inturweb points

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I played H5 for the first time in about a week and a half.

I had a pretty bad last session that casued me to take a break, I really was not enjoying the game and thought maybe a little time off would reset my negativity...

Boy was I wrong. This game is just not fun. I don't even want to finish any of the games I start, even if we are winning. I have never had such a desire to quit mid game.

I hated Reach but when I was playing with friends it was tolerable; H5 is not fun no matter who I am playing with. Halo 5 just doesn't feel "right".

I know what you mean. The amount of times I've seen a guy out of position and all I had to do was put my reticle on him and shoot, only to do a big windmill and completely miss, or he thrusters off into some cluttered map geometry and completely disappears.

The other problem I have is there is no way to set up in this game. The amount of times I felt like I had found a somewhat secure spot to set up, I'm killed from god knows where and thought, "where the hell did he come from?"

With how spartan abilities play and the way the maps are designed to accomodate these, there are just too many routes to keep track of.

The game play is chaotic, and I just can't get into that style of play. It just isn't fun for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

REQ packs are the work of satan

I wonder if they'll prioritize higher packs you get like when Destiny updated their RNG cryptarch crap

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I have to agree with Lambo here, ever since Ice Princess joined these forums the Shit Posting has increased a lot (not saying Ice Princess is the main shitposter, just in general with the awful puns). Then again, it's always been in this thread.

Ill rather have shitposting then some of the discussions that keep happening and where it seems people put a 12 year old behind the keyboard putting their arguments down.

And then keep circel jerking in order to talk last.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ill rather have shitposting then some of the discussions that keep happening and where it seems people put a 12 year old behind the keyboard putting their arguments down.

And then keep circel jerking in order to talk last.

I think most of the topics on here are extremely constructive and thought out with how to make this game better and more competitive. Then you have IcePrincess talking about something non-constructive (opening REQ packs and metallic bands) that adds nothing to the conversation.  I usually just scroll down when she posts something.

On the topic of sprint; with how the maps are designed for this game. The maps are built around the gimmicks. So if the competitive community wants to take out sprint we can't have most of the vanilla maps and will have to forge (which wouldn't be a bad idea)  I personally enjoy this game on a casual level and find it enjoyable to play with friends.  When you play higher tier and competitive players that's when the issues start to appear. Radar,Sprint, thruster packs, OP autos and extreme bullet magnetism on all the guns make this game extremely difficult to play on a competitive level and take seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe with Forge we will see some maps fixed up to allow certain jumps without sprint. Honestly though, on a lot of the maps, I think would play better if certain jumps weren't even possible. I'd also want to see clamber removed but maybe some ledges clipped through the wall to allow a jump up, like we did with Halo 3. 

There's almost nothing that can't be fixed with some teleporters and liberal use of Active Camo.

I'm pretty behind on this thread so forgive me if this is hilariously tone deaf right now, but my buddy and I are looking for 2 decent players (and decent human beings) that want to get together and play on Saturdays. We're looking for some guys that communicate well, stay positive, and are willing to talk about games afterwards so we can refine what we're doing. If that sounds fun hit me up.

I wouldn't mind trying torun some games if we can get around the time zone difference.

If iceprincess could just do all her replies/bullshit in 1/2 posts a day I wouldn't mind as much.

No context? I neg you because your posts have zero context. Its not even Halo related one. Its literally spam in a Forum where Halo fans all around the world come to read. Lurkers from Waypoint and Reddit, Pros, Developers, Halo Personalities, Halo vets, people that just search for news and many more. All of us have to read through your "metalic band" crap posts just to see something Halo related. This is the main Halo 5 thread that probably most people read right next to the World Champs one. Its not a private chat. Just PM each other about that "band" crap or your REQs that no one cares about. Or deal with my negs. I will hand them out more in the future.

I enjoy negging people that care so much about their rep even more.

ruh7Z.gif

Gimme some rep

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

You must be new here.

We've been giving constructive feedback for gameplay changes for every halo game since h2. A limit has been reached where there is no point in trying to be nice to these developers anymore. Everything that can be done with a forum has been done in an attempt to engage with Bungie/343.

We're done being nice. We deserve to be cynical now.

Allow me to give the perfect example.

During Halo 2 I had a thread on Bungie for a Halo 2 1.2 patch.

In it I listed a whole bunch of balance issues as well as bugs, for example physics not working off host and the plasma pisto charge glitch.

This thread was like 70 pages long and constantly on the front page.

A Bungie employee posted in this huge thread maybe once without really saying anything of substance.

What happened?

Nothing. They ignored the thread and wouldn't even acknowledge the issues.

During Halo 3 I did the exact same thing which was stickies on the MLG forums for over a year and you want to know the saddest thing?

THE SAME FUCKING GLITCH I TOLD BUNGIE ABOUT ENDED UP IN THE SEQUEL!

Surely they MUST have read this thread. They knew there was an issue with the plasma pistol and instead of fixing it they replicated the exact same glitch, probably due to a bug in the engine.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 will accept any feedback that doesn't conflict with their grand overarching vision for the way H5 is supposed to play...which makes the amount of difference we can make vanishingly small.

Which is why TB should throw all of its weight behind classic settings.

You guys have an adequate platform with the tournies you run.

Anybody got that email from MS ? Was interesting to read. And addung to the previous topic in mind, I find posts of Ice Princess hilarious :p