CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

As much as sprint makes sense in a development environment, this is not just a coincidence.

It's kind of like if I made a documentary on MCC post-release and called it "The Game Returns" which would talk about how classic Halo games are returning from their old version to nextgen, but also hinted at the amount of MCC copies that got returned.

I am going to smile when the search times are very, very long when 343 are streaming tomorrow :)

They are not playing MM

Doesn't have to be twice as big, it can be 50% longer and 20% larger and it still makes sense with sprint.

Looking at some leaked clips, there's some catwalks and staircases that are a lot wider than you'd expect from normal. Sight lines and choke points are adjusted to sprint and thrusters, it's one of the main issues with sprint in the first place. I'm confident that thrusters will work best when used in conjunction with nearby cover and not as a babysitting escape method when you've overextended.

If it did, we could always ask for thrusters to be adjusted not to work backwards and be left to frontal and sideways dashing, but I'd rather not since it looks like a fun mechanic to bait melees out of people (as long as you can shoot while thrusting).

I should have clarified but yes they can 50% longer and 20% and it's possible it'll be fine. I guess I'll just wait to try out the beta for myself but I'm still extremely worried about it. We shall see though.  

"Episode 4: Breakout

The Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer design team invites Halo pros to the studio to offer feedback that could shape the future of the competitive experience."

In other words, a video that is well cut and edited to where pros are either saying everything is great or a pro saying something needs to be fixed that 343 is already planning to fix. Looking forward to it!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know if this has been posted already, but Ninja said he will have the Halo 5 beta tomorrow and will stream it.

Are you guys serious? Come on even in the video they told you the definition of a "sprint".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_(software_development)

Now if someone will actually test the game for longer than a day and give us real feedback. 

I expect many people will just play it for 5 minutes and throw it down and cry like a man child. I still want to see real opinions on the game in the coming days though. 

imo it should take 5 days to review a game. After the 5 days the "honeymoon" period will be over. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is this the final build of the beta they plan to release? If so I'm questioning their decision to wait until the 29th to make it "public".

Guess I'm going to have a spare Halo 5 code lying around. 

:chiefdancing:

People who test Xbox One updates. Wow..

@@overuled

Will only show content from Week 1, while the full beta will show all maps.

Interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions starting tomorrow.

I have to disagree. The healthsystem is part of Halo's unique feeling, but you can't define Halo by reducing it to the shields. Being able to shoot in every(!) situation except when holding an objective is also a big part of it, among many, many other things.

By your logic every fps would play like a Halo game if we added shields to it.

Never said that's how you would define Halo, but is definitely the most unique thing about Halo. Being able to shoot at any moment isn't something that makes Halo unique. It's a key aspect to Halo, but not it's not unique considering you have other arena shooters that existed before Halo like Quake and Unreal. 

Halo started something that was original to shooters and that's the triangle. That's being to nade, melee and shoot without having cycle through your weapons. But now other shooters have it. It's still something that helps Halo, but it doesn't stand out in shooters anymore. 

The melee system is also kind of different since there is a shield system

If that were my logic i wouldn't have brought up the shooting aspect. I said i didn't really want to get into it because that would make an already decent length post longer. AND being on a Halo forum i'd assume why would know why i brought up the shooting aspect considering most of other shooters play like CoD.

The health system

The shooting style

the melee system

meelee/nade/shoot system

There are a lot of things that make Halo different, but the shield system will always stand out the most. 

I didn't really think through it to be honest. It was a quick thought. I just wanted to spark a conversation on how the ground and pound could work. 

Yeah that's fine :) Just offering my thoughts on why I'm not keen on some of the ideas. I think ground pound is one of the least bad spartan abilities but I think it does need work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guess I'm going to have a spare Halo 5 code lying around. 

:chiefdancing:

Ask 343 if it's ok to raffle it away. Just think of all that sexy traffic.

I really like the Idea of the Sprint

Making us understand their thought process on making Halo 5 mp before the Beta

How does one become a preview member? And why are so many people getting access to the beta, but most people who bought MCC on launch have to wait?

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does one become a preview member? And why are so many people getting access to the beta, but most people who bought MCC on launch have to wait?

Lol I feel the same way. I mean MS said they'd compensate us. Being able to play Halo 5s beta before Xmas would be cool with me.

Might be too much of a broken mess to play it early though. Who knows.