CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That doesn't work in Halo 5. I've matched people that I've blocked before.

I've never matched up with people after I've blocked them.  Did you block the whole party or just certain GT's? Usually I just block the whole party and submit a negative player review.

I've never matched up with people after I've blocked them.  Did you block the whole party or just certain GT's? Usually I just block the whole party and submit a negative player review.

Block a single player. If blocking them does work, you shouldn't match them regardless if they're in a party.

Block a single player. If blocking them does work, you shouldn't match them regardless if they're in a party.

Maybe the parameters are different in Warzone?  I only play arena (usually in 2's) never matched against anyone I've blocked, but then again I only play for maybe a 1 or 2 hours a day.  So I can't test out this hypothesis for a longer time.  Can anyone test this out in Arena and see if it works?  I heard it worked for the MCC but I never played the game.

If there's enough support behind it, we'll consider it.

False, at this time there have been no discussions to remove it.

There was an option on the MLG forums years back where you could disable your own rep, but couldn't rep others. That would be cool.

"Character arc", aka, not blindly hating or blindly loving a game.

The vames content got stale quick, currently waiting for more content.

The games issues got annoying real fast,

Currently waiting for fixes.

I don't make shit up, if a game is good I'll talk it up, if it sucks I won't play it.

Not a hard concept using objective and factual evidence to generate a dynamic opinion on a game.

At this point I was hoping to be playing assault on actual btb maps, or awaiting a real, quality fileshare system, which won't happen, hence the disappointment. If we got actual, great btb maps with new modes and a good forge file-share systuem id be set.

But nope.

I know. I used to think you were an apologist, that impression changed reading your posts just before release. The transition was still entertaining to watch- was only having a laugh, not taking the piss <3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On your H5 screenshot you have to try to impress us with that whale, and yes the whale is kinda cool. 

I hate the idea that you tried to basically dumb down my argument into impressing one with a whale, which wasn't the original, nor full point AT ALL, before confronting my actual points. Not arguing past this, given how this is still subjective to all beat hell, but seriously, don't do that.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The lighting in ODST was much more dynamic and in your face, which is great considering what the game was, and every scene and level seems to have some sort of overlaying ambient coloring (the screenshots below show this, with a tan filter in effect.   Other ODST Campaign missions had a blue tint) while Halo 3 remained fairly neutrally colored with soft lighting.  In fact the only neutrally colored level in ODST would be the Mombassa city at night.

I loved ODST's art, but I always wondered what was up with the random blur when walking around during nighttime.

09736aea5faab6940477ee72d28388d3.png

Was it the rain?

Has anyone else lost all desire to play arena knowing ranks are going to be reset. Seems pointless to play ranked whrn that rank is going to disappear.

I feel like we need to make 343 hear that its important to display past season ranks IN GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thooughts on this? I've seen this reasoning on reddit/wpoint a fair bit

lpq9I20.jpg

right intentions for the wrong reasons. CE pistol was consistent and viable at all ranges, even though it was outclassed by the best at each (close-shotty, mid-rockets, long-sniper) It was still not traded out often and held it's single important pilliar in the sand box.

The same can't be said for the H5 pistol. The only thing It has on par with the rifles is potential killtimes. Its easily the worst in section of the sandbox that its in (utility/allrounder) and gets consistently beaten by a large variety of weapons at every range.

It should be starter for BTB not because the BR is too easy, but because the BR is too powerful against everything else in the sandbox. It wrecks vehicles, It destroys infantry by itself, and it limits movement because players have too much scope to kill with from spawn.

If the maps were much bigger and the vehicles individually powerful, like Reach, the BR would be a more balanced starter, more like the very similar DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H5 magnum = not a utility weapon, but let's just go on saying it is anyway for shits and giggles because when has the Halo community cared about being right.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So wait blocking people stops you from matching people in this game I thought it didn't work either way I'm trying this I'm sick and tired of being matched against teams while searching solo.

It's beyond ridiculous that 343 hasn't even acknowledged that there's an issue despite a large amount of people complaining..

I wouldn't say worship, but no one talks back to me. It's actually annoying and impossible to have any real conversations there. I've been a mod on the Xbox.com forums (back when it was good before the NXE update made everyone leave), TWCenter.net (Total War community) and /r/Halo. I'm never accepting another mod/admin/staff position for a community again. I just want to visit a community and relax and have people talk to me normally.

huh?  you can make an alternate account on Reddit in literally five seconds ...

Has anyone else lost all desire to play arena knowing ranks are going to be reset. Seems pointless to play ranked whrn that rank is going to disappear.

I feel like we need to make 343 hear that its important to display past season ranks IN GAME.

I personally don't mind the game on a casual level, once you start playing competitive and upper tier players the issues start appearing which is quite often.  I only have a set amount of time to play which is around 1-2 hours a night if I'm lucky.  It's fun to play with friends just because of the social aspect, but I can't see the whole fuss about it being catered towards "competitive" gaming when it has so many glaring issues with it on that level.

So wait blocking people stops you from matching people in this game I thought it didn't work either way I'm trying this I'm sick and tired of being matched against teams while searching solo.

It's beyond ridiculous that 343 hasn't even acknowledged that there's an issue despite a large amount of people complaining..

No.

I only do this against teams, but I guess if you don't want to match certain players try it also.  I've doing this now for the past few weeks and it's improved my matchmaking experience not sure about any else.

I still confused about the part where 343 felt like the game needed:

- pistol

- carbine

- BR

- DMR

- lightrifle

- AR

- storm rifle

- SMG

- suppressor

You could have made two weapons instead of nine and saved so much effort and headaches... what's the point? Keep in mind all nine of those need their own unique designs, audio, effects, balance, "purpose" in the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I personally don't mind the game on a casual level, once you start playing competitive and upper tier players the issues start appearing which is quite often.  I only have a set amount of time to play which is around 1-2 hours a night if I'm lucky.  It's fun to play with friends just because of the social aspect, but I can't see the whole fuss about it being catered towards "competitive" gaming when it has so many glaring issues with it on that level.

Ya, the game definitely sucks at a competitive level. I've never had interest in grinding out a bunch of games vs people who are as good as I'am or better in this game because of the noncompetitive gameplay and lack of party restrictions.

But I still liked playing my placement games to get onyx. Now even that seems pointless.

Ya, the game definitely sucks at a competitive level. I've never had interest in grinding out a bunch of games vs people who are as good as I'am or better in this game because of the noncompetitive gameplay and lack of party restrictions.

But I still liked playing my placement games to get onyx. Now even that seems pointless.

I agree, the game isn't fun to play at competitive level. I used to be hyped and excited playing with/against pros in H3/Reach in matchmaking/GB.  Now it's like well......cool I guess, Hopefully this stacked to4 when I go in solo or in 2's doesn't wreck me too bad.   Maybe because I'm older and don't have the drive to play 8 hours a day anymore?  The competitiveness is still there for me, but I don't have the drive to go into theater and analyze every single thing I could've done right or wrong and keep improving.  I just want to play and chill from a long day at work.  

This game is fun with a party, but it definitely doesn't cater to the lone wolves. I'm just waiting for Forge to drop so I can actually have fun by myself. Hopefully it isn't ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I still confused about the part where 343 felt like the game needed:

- pistol

- carbine

- BR

- DMR

- lightrifle

- AR

- storm rifle

- SMG

- suppressor

You could have made two weapons instead of nine and saved so much effort and headaches... what's the point? Keep in mind all nine of those need their own unique designs, audio, effects, balance, "purpose" in the sandbox.

Simple.

Did you see how many people went fucking gaga over the weapon variety pre-release? Both casual and competitive players crammed the word "sandbox" as many times as they could into every single sentence, because in all reality they didn't know and/or care about what it was going to do to the game, for better or worse.

• Upvote (+1) 5