CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

only reason we're not getting another zanzibar remake by forgers is because 343 is working on an in-engine remake, but don't worry they replaced that boring old brick wall with some fancy white architecture :lxthul:

You monster! The only good thing about that map was its look.

So file sharing, I have a few questions and can't find the answers. (I don't read twitter so I could have missed something)

• Does the file share include screenshots and films? (RIP clips)
  • Will there be an "all time/week/month most downloaded/popular/new" filter?
  • Will there be a 343 favorites?
  • Infection?
And I care about what it's going to be at release. 343's "we'll improve it based on feedback" meme is irrelevant at this point.

So file sharing, I have a few questions and can't find the answers. (I don't read twitter so I could have missed something)

• Infection?

And I care about what it's going to be at release, 343's "we'll improve it based on feedback" meme is irrelevant at this point.

1. No

2. It's a basic file share for sharing, nothing like that. More updates to it will arrive in the future.

3. No

4. No

• Infection?

And I care about what it's going to be at release, 343's "we'll improve it based on feedback" meme is irrelevant at this point.

Screenshots and Film – Unknown

Filters – No, its essentially a File Share system exclusively. All files are under player detail page.

343 Favorites – Doubtful

Infection – maybe if we're lucky. If it's in they'll reveal it on stream next this week

That's what I'm trying to say.

343 is pushing arena as the competitive Halo. All ranked, make sure you pop your adderall and drink a can of red bull between each game.

Then Warzone is supposed to be where you just chill out and don't take it too seriously...

Except then you've got a bunch of Warzone warriors that are ranked Challenger in arena that can't find games thanks to the awesome match making system so they come into Warzone and obliterate everyone and everything in their path.

I know 343 wants fast search times but I think they need to try to balance the teams a bit.

There's a few groups I've run into numerous times and every time I see their names appear I may as well just put my controller down because I know for the next 10 minutes where going to be trapped inside trying to protect our core while half a dozen tanks sit directly outside our entrance.

People can say "it's not pay to win" as much as they want, but it really is pay to win. If you've got an entire team using REQ packs every time they respawn against a team that uses a couple of Warthogs of course the team pulling out spartan lasers, tanks and banshees is going to win 99% of the time.

Yes, you can unlock REQ's for free, but the better weapons are less common which gives an advantage to the kids that max out daddies credit card buying them straight up.

EDIT:

And yes, I realise BTB is coming soon, but it's too little too late. Pretty sure the window to get players hooked on Halo has passed and they're probably enjoying unlocking their 50 million different gun mods in CoD or Fallout 4.

Warzone just doesn't feel like a good casual mode. Like most people here I started out as a BG CTF 24/7 noob and Warzone sure as hell doesn't capture the casual gaming awesomeness in the same way as a bunch of indestructible Warthogs.

I've never played warzone and now I know why.  I understand the REQ system, but what happened to balance? Why doesn't both teams start off with a tank, warthog, mantis etc.  That's what Halo was built on. I can remember some of the best btb LAN games on blood gulch, coagulation, sidewinder etc.  All these buying packs and being able to use them is all random based and not who has the best map control and teamwork.  

I haven't even played campaign for this game.  Most of the arena games I've played on here have the sweatiest to4 I've ever seen.  Example I'm an onyx in arena and in my party is a diamond and two platinum which are laid back casual players, so we match up against to4 of onyx and diamond, of course my team gets dominated and everyone in the party besides me had no idea what happened.  If I wanted to match those kind of players I wouldn't have played with them and got better players in my lobby. Then I go in by myself later that day on a 1700 onyx and match platinums?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

They have screenshot functionality built into the OS, they should integrate it into the H5 UI.

Example, you click Community > Files > Screenshots > Most Popular, it data mines the XboxDVR service for the most popular screenshots and displays them within the game.

They already have the game receiving and displaying images in those daily messages that pop up when you boot the game. Should be possible to do with DVR screenshots. It's important to have these things built into the game itself to give it that community feel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There needs to be a hub for file sharing on both the dashboard in halo 5 and on waypoint. Upload your maps and gametypes and people can download them from waypoint or on the h5 dash.

Filter with new, up and coming, featured, and favorites.

Not really that hard but I doubt we will get it anytime soon if at all. They didn't even hint at it, just "help up improve the fileshare system"...

....that was already perfected in halo 3....

Ughhhhh, another letdownnnnnnnn, I can't take this shit anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have you even played the file share yet? 

Have you even played Halo 5 yet???????? HMMMMM?????????????

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt that these features that are delayed from launch were delayed to be as good as possible, like the new and actually improved Forge.

But it ain't happening. BtB is a disaster and fileshare is a damn joke. Look at the weapon skin system in BLOP3. Right on the dashboard, top skins, new, favorites, etc.

This is getting ridiculous. How in 3 years is this much stuff missing and so barebones when they do release?

Clearly other gametypes are a lost cause because they haven't even mentioned koth or assault, so I'll give up hope to play btb assault on an actual btb map in a halo game in 2015.

Edit: and 2016

/end rant

• Upvote (+1) 9

I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt that these features that are delayed from launch were delayed to be as good as possible, like the new and actually improved Forge.

But it ain't happening. BtB is a disaster and fileshare is a damn joke. Look at the weapon skin system in BLOP3. Right on the dashboard, top skins, new, favorites, etc.

This is getting ridiculous. How in 3 years is this much stuff missing and so barebones when they do release?

Clearly other gametypes are a lost cause because they haven't even mentioned koth or assault, so I'll give up hope to play btb assault on an actual btb map in a halo game in 2015.

Edit: and 2016

/end rant

The only mistake you really made was trusting 343. If they actually did what they said they would do and lead you to believe they were actually actively working on then all would be well. A sustain plan to keep giving free content updates to the game? Cool! Delaying a feature to make it perfect? Fine with me. It all goes wrong when the sustain is actually just cannibalized launch content in any other title. The delay is only okay if the feature releases in flawless condition along with improvements. Not forge maps that are partially outsourced to random community members a la the delayed BtB. 343 treats its player base poorly. Their games only sell because it has "Halo" in the title. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you accept that Halo is never coming back, it gets a lot better. It's like watching Titanic from on top of the iceberg.

MS13CAb.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you accept that Halo is never coming back, it gets a lot better. It's like watching Titanic from on top of the iceberg.

The issue is that Halo 5 FEELS good to play. It just has SO many issues that aren't even ADDRESSED:

4sk pistol

powerful autos

broken sniper

solo playlists

social (which we're getting)

radar

actual new maps for BtB or Arena (remixes are okay to me if they play different enough and look pretty)

lame fileshare

no firefight or anything similar when the tech is pretty much right there.

It's just all sort of like a huge cock tease. 

I know a lot of you guys jumped ship, and that's fair, I get it, but I like to consider myself the Captain. Someone whos' gonna stick around and suffer just to help as many people as I can before it fails (try to improve it as much as I can).

343 CAN make a good Halo game, they just need to, IDK, manage resources better, or prioritize shit differently, IDK. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Speaking of BTB, strongholds on Guillotine is just godawful. Take the plot out of cargo, move the tower 1 plot to middle level, and make it a three-tower gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then they're essentially pointless lol.

Social should stress fast search times with looser party and skill restrictions.

Ranked should have tighter skill and PARTY restrictions.

What kind of playlists are you wanting?

What kind of playlists are you wanting?

Social ones. 

Social Slayer, BTB, and weekend ones like Multi-Team and shit.