CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well they are doing some improvements to it

http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-cartographers-gift-breakdown/

When will they understand that QOL changes isn't how you fix and/or sustain things?

Sick, you're adding new features to Theater mode, but it's still going to freeze randomly and have a huge delay to it.

Oh sweet, you're fixing how everyone got placed in Onyx in FFA or SWAT? That's not going to fix how people don't get games (it might even make it worse).

Forge is coming! Wait where's the new gametypes to go along with it?

Their focus is entirely on the wrong things... the sandbox is still wrong, breakout is still breakout, party details don't exist, matchmaking times will keep being long, postgame carnage doesn't show medals, the in-game UI won't show past seasons, etc.

I don't understand what they're doing at all and I'm worried.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still really like the game, I appear to be in the minority however.

They could bring out any game and call it halo and some would still like it.

It's been interesting visiting this thread occasionally since h5 release and seeing the comments go from "best halo since h1/2!" to complaints about a lot of things that should never have been an issue in the first place. Maybe the honeymoon period for some is still going.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never seen someone use a meme so wrongly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I enjoy Halo 5 in the same way someone would enjoy lightweight snacks. Eat one and you're set, eat one too many and you're sick of them.

I go back and forth from Fallout 4 to Halo 5, vice-versa. I just want Forge, better (read: actual) Casual options outside of Warzone, and quality REQ's to come out before regaining any further energy for Halo 5.

They could bring out any game and call it halo and some would still like it.

It's been interesting visiting this thread occasionally since h5 release and seeing the comments go from "best halo since h1/2!" to complaints about a lot of things that should never have been an issue in the first place. Maybe the honeymoon period for some is still going.

I'm a pretty damn critical Halo player, I recognize the game has flaws but I'm having fun playing it, that's what matters the most.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm a pretty damn critical Halo player, I recognize the game has flaws but I'm having fun playing it, that's what matters the most.

tumblr_inline_n547wmsW6y1ryxhvf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did they even fix the fact you only get a win for 1st place in FFA?

I was under the impression it was top 50% of players get a 'win'.

I won like 8 of my 30-40 games of Rumble Rockets are was ranking up through Champion every time.

I won like 8 of my 30-40 games of Rumble Rockets are was ranking up through Champion every time.

Yea for ranking up its Top 50% but to count as a win on your service record you have to place 1st.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

you can gain CSR for as low as a 6th place finish, but it won't count as a win on the service record without a 1st place finish
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry to say but you cannot be that critical as if you were you would not be playing it.

If you enjoy it that is great however if you have played every Halo so far, Halo 5 would be a tough pill to swallow when comparing it to the others.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry to say but you cannot be that critical as if you were you would not be playing it.

If you enjoy it that is great however if you have played every Halo so far, Halo 5 would be a tough pill to swallow when comparing it to the others.

Comparing it to Halo 4 and Reach at this stage of their life span is no contest. Halo 5 is way better.

I still like it, but not as a Halo game. The gameplay is solid, but stands as it's own. Not to the standards of Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The misuse of meme's that goes on, on these forums is just disturbing.

The misuse of commas is also disturbing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've played Halo CE at a pretty high level, its my favorite Halo game, and I really enjoy Halo 5.

I still like it, but not as a Halo game. The gameplay is solid, but stands as it's own. Not to the standards of Halo. 

I wasn't expecting gameplay similar to the other Halo's, everyone who played the Beta and followed the game should've known that.  And what standard of Halo are you referring to?  Halo has been on the decline since Halo Reach was released and even before then, I hated Halo 3's gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

did 343 create this map using forge?

noctus-banner-cdfcbb1e48514b098953100550

Doubt the render distance shows a lot of detail from so far away. We're talking about the Xbox One here.

Anyway I prefer this style to wasteland-type rocks and surfaces with a random building in the middle of nowhere. Now if every human structure could stop being round, that'd be nice. It's unsettling how literally every single thing tries not to form a straight line.

9am Sunday morning in Aus and can't find a game in a single playlist, one month out.

I'm even timing out of warzone.

Not to be another non-NA player pissing and moaning on TB about the population but this is terrible.

343 need to do something quickly to create some incentive for players to come back as their current sustain plan is just managing to rearrange deck chairs on the titanic.

• Upvote (+1) 3