CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Addicted to the gameplay or the REQ points? Ask yourself that question and answer honestly.

This. I legitimately only play this games MP for req points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Halo is just burned out on me you know. I can't even bring myself to enjoy CE or 2 anymore. I should just stop playing games/Halo even though I don't play it that much.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's another confirmation to developers and publishers that gamers are willing to spend $10 on a few skins when $10 used to get you a map pack, further degrading the gaming industry into "micro" transactions, incomplete games and season passes.

Eh, im having fun with the game and putting a lot of time into it. I have a job and make good money. I'm fine tossing $10 to something I enjoy. $40 for Halo 5 beats paying $100+ per year to keep up and play all the newest CoDs.

Made it to mission 2 of the campaign before ragequitting. The AI & Revive system is the most infuriating thing ever. 

The MP is sooo fun to watch competitively though, can't wait to grind it over winter break  :walshy:

This. I legitimately only play this games MP for req points.

I've stopped caring, the req system is stupid, map remixes are stupid, 343 is capitalizing on how most of the fanbase are literal sheeple.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've stopped caring, the req system is stupid, map remixes are stupid, 343 is capitalizing on how most of the fanbase are literal sheeple.

When I think ab halo 5 in terms of being a halo game and compare it to CE, it fails hard. Lacks depth, overcrowded weapon sandbox, dumb abilities that only add to the gameplay bc of the way they designed the maps, etc. 

Looking at Halo in terms of FPS's released in the last 5 years, despite it's flaws, I think it's one of the best FPS games imo, and the best on console. As much as I would want them to release the next Halo mp to be on par with CE, 2 or even 3, I doubt that would turn on the current gamers to Halo, and it will have been too little too late for most OG Halo fans. If they did that though, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I don't play just Halo though, so it's not like I had all my cards riding on Halo 5 to be like the original trilogy, and I've been playing the same CoD shit, Destiny shit last year, and other garbage that has been released since Halo 3. I thought I was done with FPS's completely except the occasional CSGO games until H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I think ab halo 5 in terms of being a halo game and compare it to CE, it fails hard. Lacks depth, overcrowded weapon sandbox, dumb abilities that only add to the gameplay bc of the way they designed the maps, etc. 

Looking at Halo in terms of FPS's released in the last 5 years, despite it's flaws, I think it's one of the best FPS games imo, and the best on console. As much as I would want them to release the next Halo mp to be on par with CE, 2 or even 3, I doubt that would turn on the current gamers to Halo, and it will have been too little too late for most OG Halo fans. If they did that though, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I don't play just Halo though, so it's not like I had all my cards riding on Halo 5 to be like the original trilogy, and I've been playing the same CoD shit, Destiny shit last year, and other garbage that has been released since Halo 3. I thought I was done with FPS's completely except the occasional CSGO games until H5.

I've been on reach, which I've gotten a new appreciation for, it's just so much more fun to me than halo 4 and 5.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've been on reach, which I've gotten a new appreciation for, it's just so much more fun to me than halo 4 and 5.

I got a bad taste with Reach at launch and put down Halo almost entirely until now. I have no desire to play Reach at all personally.

343 will probably put ranks in the unranked playlists they're adding.

On another note. If forge drops and I don't provide you all with forge maps that visually look like they could be dev maps, I will have failed the Beyond community.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So with Solcia BTB come does that mean BTB will no longer be a ranked playlist? Or will there just be separate ranked and social versions of it?

More and more developers seem to be going the route Destiny did.

Hold back content that could have been in the original release. Months later add that content, whether it be free with microtransactions or paid DLC. Save money not developing new content, make money on old content, etc.

And the funny thing is, people eat that shit up. 343 is adding ONE social playlist, two more forge maps, and 1 remix of a map. Forge maps used to be added all the time, and they were never paraded around as free content. Now, people are actually praising 343 for the "free content".

Halo 5 was advertised as having 6 warzone maps. In reality, there are 3 warzone maps and the other 3 maps are the same maps with restricted areas. Now they are adding a free warzone map, and once again people are thanking 343 for the free content. IMO, they would have to add 3 more warzone maps to get to the total that they made it seem like we were going to get.

New armor and req items? Reach still had more armor options at release.

FFA is being made 6 people? FFA should have never been 8 people to being with. But people are praising 343 as constantly fixing things.

Am I the only one who still isn't the least bit impressed?

God damn man, 343 says "halo 5 is a service to our fans".

The trailer the other night was cringe worthy. They said free like 5 or 6 times. Standard content is now paraded around as being free, has its own trailer now, and has a big fancy title to it that a freshman in psychology would come up with to make it seem like these updates are expansion like.

I am definitely impressed with how 343 thinks this is good marketing strategy. In the face of record setting pop decline they double down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't they ever release a feature that is completed? A basic file browser that will be gradually updated. Stuff like this really grinds my gears. It's like they always go for the bare minimum standard.

Forge is the exception, but most of the time that's how it is.

Too be fair they are adding more than one social playlist.

Savery get downvoted for reading and understanding the community update and correcting something? good job...

that update clearly said that there will be more than one social playlists, one for BTB and at least one other for non BTB-Modes, so I see no reason to downvote...

Additionally, social playlists - one of which will be Big Team Battle - will arrive with this next update. Limited join-in-progress windows will be turned back on to allow for full matches of vehicular mayhem at (nearly) all times, and as a note, all social playlists will feature appropriate join-in-progress windows. We know you also want a mix of non-BTB social modes, and we’ll have a mix of currently available modes in a social playlist too - more on that next week.

But still no word on weapon tuning? Still no word on radar? So I guess they will force us to keep the current gameplay, too bad...

Overgrowth looks nice, too bad that it's just a remixe that will feature even "tighter corridors", according to their description...it's not like we don't have enough cqb maps that favor autmatics...

Looking like a solid update. I wasn't expecting anything except for Forge, the new maps and the aiming fix.

Last thing I really need is gametypes - Infection and Grifball are a must for Forge.

Your connection.

Doubtful. UCF has outstanding internet, and I've never had lag when using it. Maybe I got paired with people outside the US and it picked a data center far from me?

Is there actually any servers inside the UK for H5? I recently got a Netduma and I can't get games if I only search for players/servers in the UK  :wutface:

Is there actually any servers inside the UK for H5? I recently got a Netduma and I can't get games if I only search for players/servers in the UK  :wutface:

Dublin

Does anyone else feel like once you get your reticle on someone, it becomes extremely hard to move? If someone is moving, my reticle will always be a little behind their head.

• Upvote (+1) 2

First update that I have read and thought fuck yeah. I cant wait for the forge Gods to make some old Halo maps.

6 man FFA is that you?

Ace+Ventura+3.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been thinking, the SPNKR comes in 4 versions, one is simply a rare "base" version.

Couldn't that mean it counts as an all new weapon, which can be used for Arena as well?

Maybe they do the same with the pistol and we can use it in Arena after all?

Had a BTB placement game tonight and got beaten pretty bad. Checked the post game and the team consisted of mostly diamonds with a few platinums, against my team which had a gold ranked player as the highest and mostly guys doing placement. How does something like this even happen?