CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

At least H5's population isn't as bad as smite for xbox  :kappa:

I mean shit, if the pop continues to dwindle, what harm could 343 see in virtually remaking an old Halo and adding in a custom games browser? You would regain your loyal following, and maybe even find out a lot of newer halo fans enjoy the classic play. At the very least, the population would be ab the same.

Give us Halo CE/2/3/Reach, idc which iteration, add in a custom games brower, forge for PC, and some button combos, and map pickups that have utility ala plasma rifle stun instead of better killing machines than the starting utility weapon. Boom, best Halo in the last... 8? years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Give us Halo CE/2/3/Reach, idc which iteration, add in a custom games brower, forge for PC, and some button combos, and map pickups that have utility ala plasma rifle stun instead of better killing machines than the starting utility weapon. Boom, best Halo in the last... 8? years.

Please no button combos. Those just annoyed me in Halo 2, solely because they added unneeded complexity to the game, on top of being "cheats/glitches". One shouldn't just be able to button combo their way out of situations they're in. Gunskill and a solid strafe should rule the day. The other things I totally agree with, though.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 14

Looks like the SustainTM plan didn't work after all.

Well, if they shipped a full game with tons of features and then added a bunch of stuff later instead of shipping half a game then "giving" us the rest through "DLC" over who knows how long it might have worked. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

What about 2D backgrounds? As in, skyboxes. 

*a certain post @@Moa made about street lamps in skyboxes comes to mind*

I'd argue you could make a very amazing game with average-looking skyboxes, or even without any at all (though I'd recommend making most of the playable spaces inside building or with something). I just pointed out the cover art because it's one thing EVERYONE who owns the game sees and looks at, at one point or another. 

But not to undermine the importance of good skyboxes to immerse players, I'll agree with you.

Well, if they shipped a full game with tons of features and then added a bunch of stuff later instead of shipping half a game then "giving" us the rest through "DLC" over who knows how long it might have worked. 

I agree.

I feel like that there's a fault with a lot of people who play video games, that they give devs the idea that it's okay to shipped half-assed games and then finish them later, whether it be paid for (god forbid) or free "DLC." I'm guilty of that though, since I knew what was coming and still pre-ordered it anyway.

Halo 5 is like a bad hand-me-downish sort of present. They wrap up old features or old things that should've been in the game in the first place and pretend like it's something new. Battlefront is worse though, in my opinion, though I'm surprised that hasn't died completely by now.

I just pointed out the cover art because it's one thing EVERYONE who owns the game sees and looks at, at one point or another. 

I don't see it because I don't have a physical copy. QnQ

Battlefront is worse though, in my opinion, though I'm surprised that hasn't died completely by now.

Movie hype, man. Ten dollars says that, by the time December comes and goes, the game'll be dying faster than Halo 4, or Titanfall. It'll get worse when the overpriced DLC begins to segment players from each other, as well. It's just... Ugh. It's disappointing and frustrating, given the game should've been amazing.

You see it whenever you launch the game.

Aaaaaaaand completely forgot about that. Oh, speaking of which, it's really cool that MS/ whoever did it, designed those "tile" images for backwards compatible titles. Fallout 3's was pretty cool.

I noticed this last night while rebooting the game like 3 times to get matches, and now I can't unsee it. Did no one at 343 mention this to the person who worked on the cover art? Not that it looks better or worse... but... it's just inconsistent.

It just makes me feel like people over there are afraid of communicating with one another and giving real feedback.

6713ae7d9654320ab1d22126a5f222b4.png

-font-b-Halo-b-font-1-2-3-4-font-b-ODST-

They took more influence from CE than you think.

Inconsistent Banshee visuals are a tradition man.

(Had to do it.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please no button combos. Those just annoyed me in Halo 2, solely because they added unneeded complexity to the game, on top of being "cheats/glitches". One shouldn't just be able to button combo their way out of situations they're in. Gunskill and a solid strafe should rule the day. The other things I totally agree with, though.

lol the negs

But how you should of said this...

"While button combos saved Halo 2 from being a complete noob fest with aim-assist and bullet-magnetism up the ass, it would not be proper to have it in a "professionally developed game". It would be best to fix the game mechanically/meta-wise so that button combos aren't needed." 

• Upvote (+1) 5

lol the negs

But how you should of said this...

"While button combos saved Halo 2 from being a complete noob fest with aim-assist and bullet-magnetism up the ass, it would not be proper to have it in a "professionally developed game". It would be best to fix the game mechanically/meta-wise so that button combos aren't needed." 

I've been getting tons of negs all day, nothing new. :P But yeah, I agree. I'm just tired, and blunt, so I put it in short terms. On that note, (Small tirade incoming) button glitches shouldn't have been in an "e-sport" title. Should've been fixed immediately, because a glitch being abused should NOT be the thing to hypothetically cost one team a match, and grant another a large sum of money. Just bothers me. *Ugh*.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Please no button combos. I'd rather having a working sandbox with good kills times that promotes good play instead of favoring whoever can doubleshot and BXB better.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've been getting tons of negs all day, nothing new. :P But yeah, I agree. I'm just tired, and blunt, so I put it in short terms. On that note, (Small tirade incoming) button glitches shouldn't have been in an "e-sport" title. Should've been fixed immediately, because a glitch being abused should NOT be the thing to hypothetically cost one team a match, and grant another a large sum of money. Just bothers me. *Ugh*.

Exactly, also it doesnt go well with the casual audience too. Just have it so it takes skill to put your cross-hair over a guys face and shoot. Simple.

If there is still radar in competitive settings by the time January rolls around, I will be done with this game. 

Curious about your thoughts on this game as I generally share the same opinion as you that every Halo is generally terrible besides Halo CE.  I'm largely enjoying Halo 5, especially when I get to play with a team of four but it seems like everything I read is just people talking about how bad/unfinished the game is and it's dwindling population.  Outside of radar, what are your thoughts?

This thread is depressing me, so I'm just going to explain my experience with Halo with a descriptive and lively story~!

Its like I am in highschool and there is this smoking hot girl that gives the best head, her name is ...

Haven't graduated yet, have you?

Dude, what kind of incestuous shit did you get up to in high school?

I am surprised no one has asked him what is the name of his high school.

I can see the topic consistently drifts off Halo 5 still. Says a lot.

@@ABearInTheWoods must be laughing really bittersweetly right now.

You know I am. this has to be the funniest/most prophetically accurate thread at BE. I could see H5 failing, though I had hoped I was wrong, it makes sense that it is on a solid course to crash and crash fast.

Karma... it's a bitch when you don't deliver a game you promised and then you lose a large chunk of your fan base and sales that go with them.

Curious about your thoughts on this game as I generally share the same opinion as you that every Halo is generally terrible besides Halo CE.  I'm largely enjoying Halo 5, especially when I get to play with a team of four but it seems like everything I read is just people talking about how bad/unfinished the game is and it's dwindling population.  Outside of radar, what are your thoughts?

All the problems of previous Halos continue to exist in this game, except now our utility weapon isn't even a utility weapon. 

Every time I start getting shot by an automatic I just want to put the controller down. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

If there is still radar in competitive settings by the time January rolls around, I will be done with this game.

I'm finding more enjoyment in reach, actually feels like a halo game, 5 just feels like it's kind of copying one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I can see where you're coming from. Some button combos can seem like a cheap get out of jail free card because they don't have a high enough risk factor when executing them. I like button combos that are situational and that have a high risk high reward to them. I like the double melee(melee, grenade, melee) button combo/glitch from Halo CE because it's very situational and it has a high risk high reward factor to it since if players mess up the execution of the combo they can end up accidentally killing themselves with their own grenade. 

I however don't like button combos that allow players to be able to get a faster TTK with their gun. I dislike the double shot(RRX) and quad shot(RRX YY RRX) button combos from Halo 2. I think that the only way that players should be able to get the fastest optimal TTK from using a gun is through pure gun skill.

I think that button combos can be beneficial for Halo and add depth to the game as long as they are done right. Button combos in Halo shouldn't be a necessity to the game or feel overly complicated to pull off. Button combos in Halo should be situational to use and they should have a high risk high reward factor to them. If button combos in Halo were done correctly then they wouldn't feel intrusive to the game play, they would feel more natural and fluid like the double melee(BLB) button combo is in Halo CE.

Anyways for the most part I agree with you, I rather have a Halo game that focuses on raw gun and player skill then a Halo game that is plagued with cheesy button combos but has no real shooting skill gap between players.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I can see where you're coming from. Some button combos can seem like a cheap get out of jail free card because they don't have a high enough risk factor when executing them. I like button combos that are situational and that have a high risk high reward to them. I like the double melee(melee, grenade, melee) button combo/glitch from Halo CE because it's very situational and it has a high risk high reward factor to it since if players mess up the execution of the combo they can end up accidentally killing themselves with their own grenade. [/size]

I however don't like button combos that allow players to be able to get a faster TTK with their gun. I dislike the double shot(RRX) and quad shot(RRX YY RRX) button combos from Halo 2. I think that the only way that players should be able to get the fastest optimal TTK from using a gun is through pure gun skill.[/size]

I think that button combos can benefit Halo and add depth to the game as long as they are done right. Button combos in Halo shouldn't be a necessity to the game or feel overly complicated to pull off. Button combos in Halo should be situational to use and they should have a high risk high reward factor to them. If button combos in Halo were done correctly then they wouldn't feel intrusive to the game play, they would feel more natural and fluid like the double melee(BLB) button combo is in Halo CE.[/size]

Anyways I agree with you I rather have a Halo game that focuses on raw gun and player skill then a Halo game that is plagued with cheesy button combos but has no real shooting skill gap between players.[/size]

it's odd when a first person shooter has to rely on aspects found in fighting games to maintain a level of skill rather than aspects found in first person shooters.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You even don't like CE's double melee, quick camo, or backpack reload??

• Upvote (+1) 1

You even don't like CE's double melee, quick camo, or backpack reload??

Those glitches add skill to the game. BXB is infinitely easier then these glitches and is a lot more versatile.

• Upvote (+1) 2