CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

There was a bug relating to bleedthrough.

Ah I was unaware. Never noticed any issues in the MLG settings with Bleedthrough, and it was in TU Settings for a very, very short time.

Probably fan backlash + whatever bugs combined influenced them to remove it.

Ah I was unaware. Never noticed any issues in the MLG settings with Bleedthrough, and it was in TU Settings for a very, very short time.

Probably fan backlash + whatever bugs combined influenced them to remove it.

Gonna tag @@Sitri because he knows much more about it than I did. I think 75% melee made it less common or something and MLG & Anniversary used that?

IIRC autos with bleed through made it really strong (accidentally) and couple that with 100% melee made it really good. Tbh it wasn't OP or anything, made autos better than the hot garbage they were in that game

For how much they "borrowed" from COD and destiny it baffles me how they missed out on how uneven skill MM is important to those games.

Social in halo is important not only because it gives competitive players a refuge from caring about thier rank but also because it gives a more enjoyable cadence of opponent skill level to non competitive gamers.

If you take your averagr gold player(h3 commander) and throw him into perfect ranked MM where he only plays people of his skill level he won't enjoy it as much as social. In ranked he'l have a 50% win loss and a 1.00 kd and in social he'l have the same because he'l land in the middle of the skill curve. But he'll have more fun in social because somrtimes he'll dominate a game.

Its more fun(for non competitive players) to dominate every once in awhile even if it comes at the expense of being dominated than it is to play 1.00 k/d games every game.

I consider myself an average halo player (not talking about skill). I am literally what you describe. Gold (4), 1k/d (1.1), 50% win rate (51%). I complete disagree with you that "we" (me being the demographic you describe) enjoy social more because "we" have a chance to dominate every once and awhile. That happens it ranked just as much as social. "We" would prefer a close match (50-45+) over dominating once and a while any day of the week.

So being part of the demographic that you described, I believe you are incorrect and that you don't actually understand the demographic you described or what it wants.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 3 is lightyears ahead of this game 

As an overall game it's a better package, the feature set and community aspects were great. However the gameplay in 5 is so much better, Halo 3 was so damn slow...

• Upvote (+1) 1

As an overall game it's a better package. The feature set and community aspects were great. However the gameplay in 5 is so much better, Halo 3 was so damn slow...

Agreed, Halo 3 is EXTREMELY polished in nearly every aspect outside of gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As an overall game it's a better package, the feature set and community aspects were great. However the gameplay in 5 is so much better, Halo 3 was so damn slow...

Ehhhh, I'd criticize Halo 3 more for its inconsistent hit detection and garbage utility weapon over its pacing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

THEY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER WHY 343 WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

There even is a medal counter... WHY

• Upvote (+1) 8

So they DID have post game medals. What was going through their minds when they scrapped that?

I disagree i think halo 3s overall gameplay was near perfect. The only thing wrong was the hit detection imo and if that was as good as halo 5s then halo 3 could have been the best halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Viewership

October 28th at this time: 16,766

November 30th same time: 472 (ranked 53rd right now on Twitch)

In before "Viewers doesnt matter, Halo always has had bad viewership, etc etc..."

Halo HAS had great viewership in the past - so if you believe this is normal outside of when 343 took the helm, you are very much wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I disagree i think halo 3s overall gameplay was near perfect.

:grunt:

Sluggish movement

Inaccurate/random utility weapon (that wasn't even the 'default' weapon'

Completely useless sandbox (+ Dual Wielding)

Terrible Arena maps outside of Guardian/Pit/Narrows/Construct

Regen Field. Power Drain. RADAR JAMMER. FLARES.

Elite hitboxes

Janky weapon timers that allow players to abuse and snowball

• Upvote (+1) 2

:grunt:

Sluggish movement

Inaccurate/random utility weapon (that wasn't even the 'default' weapon'

Completely useless sandbox (+ Dual Wielding)

Terrible Arena maps outside of Guardian/Pit/Narrows/Construct

Regen Field. Power Drain. RADAR JAMMER. FLARES.

Elite hitboxes

Janky weapon timers that allow players to abuse and snowball

Should of clarified but i was talking about mlg settings