CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So tomorrow is December 1st. Doesn't that mean ranks are getting reset and the "first" season of arena begins? Why have we not heard anything about this since launch?

So tomorrow is December 1st. Doesn't that mean ranks are getting reset and the "first" season of arena begins? Why have we not heard anything about this since launch?

Seasons start in December, we don't know when exactly.

I would guess with the December update.

Hopefully that comes out sooner rather than later, I guess.

Definitely, I also really enjoyed post TU MP. Atmosphere in Reach was the best since H1.

super slayer is tu reach right? How much different is it?

How do I change from the mobile version to the normal version on my phone.

Ive done it by accident before.

How do I change from the mobile version to the normal version on my phone.

Ive done it by accident before.

use full version at the bottom of the page.

super slayer is tu reach right? How much different is it?

Super Slayer is just TU Reach, yup.

85% bloom on precision weapons and the Magnum

Armour Lock nerf enabled

Camo nerf enabled

Sword Block removed

Before it was removed (due to the bug), Bleedthrough was also enabled so players could melee and shoot directly into a players health. This is actually still enabled in MLG and Anniversary playlists.

Armour Lock nerf enabled

Camo nerf enabled

Sword Block removed

Before it was removed (due to the bug), Bleedthrough was also enabled so players could melee and shoot directly into a players health. This is actually still enabled in MLG and Anniversary playlists.

I am so ready for backwards compatible Reach. Halo 5 will be a distant memory for me once that drops. Additionally, I saw a HaloFollower YouTube post that mention Halo 5 was by far the weakest in physical copies sales in the series, by half and even with digital sales added it's still by far the weakest--didn't 343 or Microsoft claim it was the best in history? Also curious if people that were upset with MCC really spoke with their wallets or was it just a lack of general interest in the Halo series lately? I hope it was the former reason. I wasn't disciplined enough to resist Halo 5, but good for those who were and hopefully it's sending a message.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Armour Lock nerf enabled

Camo nerf enabled

Sword Block removed

IIRC, Bleedthrough was removed from TU Gametypes because of fan feedback, people were really disoriented from playing non-melee bleed throughout all of Reach's lifespan. At least that was what I can remember, because it was an intentional addition for the TU.

For the update they'll reset ranks, improve ranking across the board, and add party restrictions. That's not too much to ask, right?

I am so ready for backwards compatible Reach. Halo 5 will be a distant memory for me once that drops. Additionally, I saw a HaloFollower YouTube post that mention Halo 5 was by far the weakest in physical copies sales in the series, by half and even with digital sales added it's still by far the weakest--didn't 343 or Microsoft claim it was the best in history? Also curious if people that were upset with MCC really spoke with their wallets or was it just a lack of general interest in the Halo series lately? I hope it was the former reason. I wasn't disciplined enough to resist Halo 5, but good for those who were and hopefully it's sending a message.

I think ms said like half of halo 5s sales were digital or something, which is an oddly high number, going by the npd numbers, if that's true than it sold 1.8 million copies in the first few days, which isn't very strong for a halo game.

reset ranks, improve ranking across the board

Just going to note that this will happen even if 343 doesn't touch the system at all. The current population (probably Platinum and up) will be redispersed, meaning its going to be a lot harder to get the hardest ranks. The system naturally funnels people in the middle of the skill range so I'm interested to see people getting knocked down a Division or two and having to work their way up in a more competitive population.

However, I doubt we'll be receiving Party Restrictions.

I honestly would be okay if they made the Max Party size for Team Arena 2 players.

For how much they "borrowed" from COD and destiny it baffles me how they missed out on how uneven skill MM is important to those games.

Social in halo is important not only because it gives competitive players a refuge from caring about thier rank but also because it gives a more enjoyable cadence of opponent skill level to non competitive gamers.

If you take your averagr gold player(h3 commander) and throw him into perfect ranked MM where he only plays people of his skill level he won't enjoy it as much as social. In ranked he'l have a 50% win loss and a 1.00 kd and in social he'l have the same because he'l land in the middle of the skill curve. But he'll have more fun in social because somrtimes he'll dominate a game.

Its more fun(for non competitive players) to dominate every once in awhile even if it comes at the expense of being dominated than it is to play 1.00 k/d games every game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IIRC, Bleedthrough was removed from TU Gametypes because of fan feedback, people were really disoriented from playing non-melee bleed throughout all of Reach's lifespan. At least that was what I can remember, because it was an intentional addition for the TU.

They can claim it was fan feedback all they want. The bleedthrough bug was a huge oversight and they didn't want to dedicate any resources to fixing it so they cut it instead in the playlists that didn't need it.

If it was player disorientation, then they would have reverted bloom back too.

I think ms said like half of halo 5s sales were digital or something, which is an oddly high number, going by the npd numbers, if that's true than it sold 1.8 million copies in the first few days, which isn't very strong for a halo game.

NDP numbers included bundles.

Halo 5 copy in a bundle is a digital download.

So even with a high digital percentage of sales it doesn't increase the number of copies sold by that much. Many or most of the digital downloads are already counted in NDP numbers.

NDP numbers included bundles.

Halo 5 copy in a bundle is a digital download.

So even with a high digital percentage of sales it doesn't increase the number of copies sold by that much. Many or most of the digital downloads are already counted in NDP numbers.

The thing about initial sales though is that they don't show if a game is bad or not. The poor sales can be attributed to MCC and Halo 4. Player retention and post launch sales are what should be looked at if you are wary of getting a game.

They can claim it was fan feedback all they want. The bleedthrough bug was a huge oversight and they didn't want to dedicate any resources to fixing it so they cut it instead in the playlists that didn't need it.

If it was player disorientation, then they would have reverted bloom back too.

Wait was there a bug related to bleed through or are you saying that bleed through was a bug itself? I think I remember them saying it was intentional in one of the pre-TU talks.

Bloom was generally accepted amongst general fans (outside of #adapt activists) I'm pretty sure.

Wait was there a bug related to bleed through or are you saying that bleed through was a bug itself? I think I remember them saying it was intentional in one of the pre-TU talks.

Bloom was generally accepted amongst general fans (outside of #adapt activists) I'm pretty sure.

There was a bug relating to bleedthrough.