CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

they're like, 'it's cool though'... ????

Yeah its pretty silly for them to defend it.

I think it does look badass (I wish we could do this on every Arena map), and makes me feel immersed but under no circumstances is it remotely acceptable to malfunction and affect gameplay in any way. This happened during the Beta and its disappointing they didn't find a work around.

Any Australians having issues getting games in offpeak AU time (peak US) time? I've had to go back to playing MCC during the week (day time)

Reach had an all around good single player, character development was lacking for some characters, but it was well paced, emotional, had a good narrative, and the characters that were developed were like-able. Maps were open, enemies were challenging, the levels were atmospheric, the music was fantastic. One of the better halo campaigns IMO.

Definitely, I also really enjoyed post TU MP. Atmosphere in Reach was the best since H1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching Heinz destroy people with the noob combo and it makes me sad. An H2 level plasma pistol is not something I ever wanted to see again. I do like how powerful it is when you tap the trigger though.

That it was better for you doesn't make it better. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone on here who really agrees the 343 campaigns are better than the bungie ones. Bungie provided a richer universe, MUCH better character development and relationships and actually gave a fuck with the level design. But I didn't neg you for that, I negged you because of your stance regarding "kids". It's not an insult, get off your high horse.

In regards to the campaign, Halo 5's on foot combat and level design outclasses Bungie's attempts and for that reason I'd say it's probably my favourite in the series.

The massive increase in speed and the multiple approaches to each encounter make it so much more interesting to play.

We've gone from flat bowls with rocks and trees dotted around to multi leveled sandboxes filled with different options, hidden weapons and some fantastically designed play spaces which combine extremely well with the new movement abilities.

Story wise I'd say it's okay. It's very clearly set up for H6 which I think is the biggest issue. That said it has set up for 6 extremely well, it's just a fairly weak self contained story.

where the publishers are not in it for money, but for the love of Halo (Project Contengency for example).

Loved it so much that they still have sprint?

Definitely, I also really enjoyed post TU MP. Atmosphere in Reach was the best since H1.

Too bad the entire campaign revolved around a single building containing the worst multiplayer map ever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So there's a possibility that the Hammer, Sticky Detonator, and Concussion Rifle are coming back?

TJNVb56.jpg

We already know the Hammer is coming with Forge.

The jump into Breakout is dumb and got boring after seeing it once

The problem with the jump is that it makes the gap between rounds too large imo.

It would be fine if it was just for the first round, but after that you should just spawn in.

The problem with the jump is that it makes the gap between rounds too large imo.

Nah this is an important thing IMO. Gives a little extra time to discuss routes and plans, and more importantly it offers a sizable amount of time for Commentators to discuss between rounds in the HCS. In the Beta you could hardly keep up because the rounds happened back to back extremely fast.

Nah this is an important thing IMO. Gives a little extra time to discuss routes and plans, and more importantly it offers a sizable amount of time for Commentators to discuss between rounds in the HCS. In the Beta you could hardly keep up because the rounds happened back to back extremely fast.

Every tourney I've seen has the commentators struggling to find things to talk about.

Just a lame addition to a lame gametype. I am sick of the pelicans flying into the map with the Palmer voice in Warzone as well.

The jump animation was in the beta already. Lets hope the commentators wont have to commentate this gametype for more than one tournament.

I had just deep discussion about stagnation of video game-series with my friend(Halo & Resident Evil). And we both agreed that 343 should just leave, or just let go of their Ego since their Halo do not work. I doubt that the latter is happening ever, since we can already see how they treat communities within Halo... I can just pray that MS would dissolve 343 and hire some other studio that has good track record and experience with FPS games.