CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That guy is so wrong on so many things in that video. He thinks bloom is good and weapons shouldn't be accurate at range for example. 

IKR? I've watched this multiple times and had so many paragraphs written, but I could never bring myself to post them, for some reason.

Praying for Destiny 2 to be 60fps.

Me too I just can't play it now :( and I loved destiny.

It's coming out. It pissed me off that they confirmed that about a month after the game's launch as well. Ugh.

Man Destiny's just a piece of shit. I thought I'd be in for a wild ride with an exciting story and cool aliens but the game became an MMO grindfest. And people accept that because their view of Destiny is shaped by how it launched, not what was promised before it came out. Breaks my heart at what could have been

IKR? I've watched this multiple times and had so many paragraphs written, but I could never bring myself to post them, for some reason.

How can I possibly get to know you when you change your profle pic every 5 minute?

You have no identity

How can I possible get to know you when you change your profle pic every 5 minute?

You have no identity

I'm not supposed to be identified by an image, but rather, by my attitude, or manner of speech.

Destiny 2 will be "Halo 3" all over again. It's gonna be fucking huge for most of the gaming community/casual gamers.

Remember when Halo used to have that hype and anticipation? :/

Man Destiny's just a piece of shit. I thought I'd be in for a wild ride with an exciting story and cool aliens but the game became an MMO grindfest. And people accept that because their view of Destiny is shaped by how it launched, not what was promised before it came out. Breaks my heart at what could have been

THIS sums up why I'm so angry with Destiny. Not how it launched, but the promises made beforehand. If we were promised what we got, I generally wouldn't have been as angry, but Christ, things like player trading, worlds that didn't seem to make the cut, but were noted explicitly by Bungie, locations of the same variety. It all just makes me sad. Destiny could've rocked the world in a much different manner than it did. Just sucks to see Bungie/Activision (More so the latter) drop the ball, big time.

While not specifically the same thing, both you and Dysphoria are actually talking about related gameplay results that are the offspring of basic Halo design. Dysphoria mentioned how even though original Halo had its foundation based on arena principles, the gameplay felt much different than traditional arena shooters on PC like Quake, Unreal Tournament. That site/video coincide with Dysphoria's perspective because of the way Halo was designed to be truly compatible on console and yet there were many more fruits that came from this gameplay design.

Halo never felt unnatural to play on console. The primary gunplay is generally based on steady-shot making consistency, rather than twitch spraying powerful projectiles across a map like in traditional arena shooters on PC. The gameplay was slower and more methodical than its PC counterparts. But casually this added a lot of tactical potential. This is why early Halo games truly could thrive in any situation, whether 1v1, 2v2, 4v4 or 8v8. So while the smaller player-count playlists were more similar to traditional arena shooter gameplay, a playlist like Big Team Battle (even with vehicles) could still thrive as well because everything was designed in a compatible manner. Casuals were also able to get a grip and handle on the simplicity of the gameplay.

Both of you are on point. Original Halo is a rare breed in gaming. Unfortunately in Halo 5, many of the added mechanisms are a little bit incompatible with Halo's natural gameplay. This is why I don't necessarily think that its "too competitive" for casuals to get involved with, rather there is a little bit of awkwardness. As that site and video make mention of, Halo gameplay and gunplay is a different style than games like COD or Titanfall. You can't just point, click and its over in general gunplay. The gameplay in Halo 5 is a little bit unnatural with the generic elements being integrated from other console shooters. Unfortunately for casuals, their focus is on fighting the controls and the busy-work/sensory perception overload instead of being able to focus on the tactical elements of gameplay that Halo has always been known for.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So I thought I would get a quick little warzone assault game in earlier before dinner. Get thrown into a game with 3 minutes left, and my team had like a total of 4 kills. I check the other team and I recognized some sweaty try hard names I recognized from here :P. Wasn't even playing with sound, just wanted some REQ points, but ended up getting REQt for those 3 minutes lol. At least it was a fast 1300 REQ points!

@@Moa @@Batchford http://puu.sh/lDA4P/6aa1f227e2.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not supposed to be identified by an image, but rather, by my attitude, or manner of speech.

yea ur right. Everytime I see someone I dont recognize in an instant its you

After playing nothing but halo 5 since it come out I went to play destiny, man I can feel that 30fps.

Also I'm feeling like the only one who likes the "look" of halo 5. The game is gorgeous man. IMO anyway.

Nah man, you're not the only one.

H5 looks so good. My only problem is that the UNSC maps look a bit samey.

Nah man, you're not the only one.

H5 looks so good. My only problem is that the UNSC maps look a bit samey.

It looks good, but I don't like the artistic style of the spartans. I mean, they look good, but they also all look the same in game. Maybe because everyone is moving faster, or maybe I'm getting blind and don't know it, but watching gameplay of Halo 3 and Reach, the spartans themselves look so much better. Color palette maybe? Idk. But Halo 5 as a whole looks really good other than that one aspect.

It looks good, but I don't like the artistic style of the spartans. I mean, they look good, but they also all look the same in game. Maybe because everyone is moving faster, or maybe I'm getting blind and don't know it, but watching gameplay of Halo 3 and Reach, the spartans themselves look so much better. Color palette maybe? Idk. But Halo 5 as a whole looks really good other than that one aspect.

I don't dislike the armour, I would say it's very hit and miss though. It has a few helmets that I'd say are up there with the best in the series. Then again it also has some of the worst and the majority are just a bit meh.

Also the music in 5 is excellent. Personal favourite is Crypt I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fiHu6c21K4

Destiny 2 will be "Halo 3" all over again. It's gonna be fucking huge for most of the gaming community/casual gamers.

Remember when Halo used to have that hype and anticipation? :/

That's because Destiny is actually setting trends. Halo is just following trends. IMO that's the biggest difference between Bungie and 343. Bungie knows how to bring something new to the table.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's because Destiny is actually setting trends. Halo is just following trends. IMO that's the biggest difference between Bungie and 343. Bungie knows how to bring something new to the table.

What "new" did Bungie bring? All they did was cultivate a community, something 343 has no clue how to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's why it needs to be placed in vulnerable areas of the map and fought over like a mini power weapon. Right now it's placed coveniently near spawn points, which makes it unfair.

The storm rifle isn't a mini power weapon, it's a CQC death machine of doom. It puts the sword to shame. It also has the best TTK in the game across MANY weapons. The thing might as well be an equivalent to the SAW minus the hitscan. It's fucking ridiculous.

The problem is that it HAS to be this powerful since the AR is also stupid powerful, and it has to be at least stronger than that since it's a map pick-up and it fires projectiles instead of being hitscan... otherwise no one would pick it up.

There's no other approach to fixing it than nerfing the AR and the other automatics which are balanced around it. Otherwise, the shooting skill gap will always be less than it has the potential to be. The game needs to revolve more around precision weapons. As of now, maps like Regret, Empire and Truth are so awful in 2v2 because of storm rifles (sometimes also in FFA or 4v4s), and it goes to show that just moving them around won't help.

For a comparison, you wouldn't claim Armor Lock is more balanced because you removed it off spawn and made it a map pick-up right? It would still be as stupid. It would just lessen/hide the problem instead of fixing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What "new" did Bungie bring? All they did was cultivate a community, something 343 has no clue how to do.

well they were able to successfully reskin hunters, jackals, grunts, etc. That's something at least.

Am I the only one that thought that destiny just recycled Halo enemies, reskin them, and add in wizards? For fuck's sake they even had the flood in Destiny lol. 

The only way that destiny changed the way I look at FPS's is that when I see a new FPS announced I hope to god it is nothing like destiny lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1