CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"garbage pistol" lol

We went from some decent meaningful discussion to hyperbolic trash now, fellas.

The pistol is garbage. And every time i see someone on other forums comment or post about the pistol needing to be 6 shot I lose all hope.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Wanna get your guys opinion for this. For the next halo do you think 343 still goes with their way of halo to basically kill the franchise for h6,  or do you think we go out with a bang (considering its the last one) with more classic halo for h6?

No they'll keep hashing out prequels that go as far back as the ancient Forerunner-Human and Flood conflicts, and then we'll have better (give or take what you're into) story writing by maybe Halo 9.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i guess i had a different experience to other people, i no-lifed h2, h3 and reach, across MM and customs i had over 10,000 games in each, got close to that with CE:PC. i played swordbase more than most people and i'd say games like that happened less than 5 times, guess i was lucky or something, in comparison around a third of my adrift games in h4 would of ended before someone could reach 30 kills if i couldn't take that shit and decided to run in and try to alter the pace of the game.

from my experience i find the h2 sniper and the h5 sniper easier than the reach sniper, it's just h3 and CE that were more difficult, h3 br was more random as it could land anywhere in the reticule and at long distances that could be a wide range, in reach it got less accurate in succession, it was aids though i'd contest that h3 br was more random,

worst maps in the series? every non-competitive map (for both 4v4 and btb) in h3 was horrible, h4 only had skyline and haven the rest were bad, h5 only has truth, eden and colosseum really, even that's a push. 

guess we didn't play the same reach, from my perspective it was far and away the weakest bungie halo, though to consider it the low-point of the franchise when we had 

- dead in 3 months, no options, more randomness the game

- 2 marketing tools for the new OS 

- one of the worst launches in modern gaming

- game that releases with less than half the content but still full priced and veering further from the halo style

as possible contenders that's a stretch imo

everyone keeps talking long kill times, watch the 4 horseman or some of the videos missingno put out, then watch H2 mlg, then h3 mlg, then reach mlg, then h4 tournaments, then h5 pro gameplay..pay attention to the pace. halo CE isn't slow, but it isn't the same kind of fast that h5 is, CE has a more dynamic pace.

The H2 Sniper is easy to use, but it's hard to position yourself to be a good sniper. Halo 2 has fast kill times and a easy sniper, Halo Reach has long kill times and a easy sniper. The sniper is to easy to use and the long kill times don't punish a sniper user. Close range BR fights in Halo 3 were infinitely better than the spam fights of close range Reach. 

Halo 3 had some shit maps, no disagreement but I'd rather play Ghost Town than SwordBase. There's also a few gems like citadel. I don't know what constitutes a "competitive BTB" map. Reach also had the most forge maps in MLG because the disk maps were awful. 

I'm not sure what you're saying about kill times? None of the Halo's share the same pace as Halo 1, at all. Not even close. Halo 1 has a lot more going for it than kill times. 

*Shrug*

Sure is pessimistic thinking, but w/e.

Just my personal opinion. If halo 6 fails why drag it out any longer? that would be what 4 straight halos that have failed? Put my favorite series of all time out of its misery if thats the case. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No game since CE has had a better starting weapon with vanilla settings.

H2 - SMG

H3 - AR

HR - DMR

H4 - FUCKING ANYTHING APPARENTLY

H5 - GARBAGE PISTOL

I'll take the CEA pistol thanks.

You'd rather have a weapon with bloom, in which you can HOLD the trigger down, and get a perfect full auto kill across the map? 

lol

Just my personal opinion. If halo 6 fails why drag it out any longer? that would be what 4 straight halos that have failed? Put my favorite series of all time out of its misery if thats the case. 

Be sure to add that this is your personal opinion as well. I've personally loved the past few Halos. It's a matter of perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You'd rather have a weapon with bloom, in which you can HOLD the trigger down, and get a perfect full auto kill across the map?

lol

Yeah it would be much better to have a weapon that can't do shit off spawn.

lol

It's much better to require teamshot to get a kill.

lol

And I'm confused... is it bloom or perfect kills cross map? Can't really be both.

And what weapon are you arguing in favor of?

Be sure to add that this is your personal opinion as well. I've personally loved the past few Halos. It's a matter of perspective.

You also seem to have loved the past 4 Transformer movies too, for what that's worth.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah it would be much better to have a weapon that can't do shit off spawn.

lol

It's much better to require teamshot to get a kill.

lol

And I'm confused... is it bloom or perfect kills cross map? Can't really be both.

And what weapon are you arguing in favor of?

You ever play a game of CEA? You can hold the pistol down and 3 shot people across the map, which was 100% impossible in Halo 1.

"I'll take the CEA pistol thanks" 

I mentioned a random utility weapon and bad weapon/powerup spawn times. If you want to argue utility weapons, the Gold Pro Reach DMR is much better than the CEA pistol as a utility weapon. 

I never said you didn't lol You were the one who attacked me 1st saying that you done see halo ending after h6 and i said in my opinion it should end. Ever since that 10-0 it seems like you always try to argue every post lol

You ever play a game of CEA? You can hold the pistol down and 3 shot people across the map, which was 100% impossible in Halo 1.

"I'll take the CEA pistol thanks"

I mentioned a random utility weapon and bad weapon/powerup spawn times. If you want to argue utility weapons, the Gold Pro Reach DMR is much better than the CEA pistol as a utility weapon.

Well the whole point of my post was starting weapon in vanilla settings.

What game had a Gold Pro DMR at launch?

Oh that's right, none of them.

You also seem to have loved the past 4 Transformer movies too, for what that's worth.

And? I thought they were good. Sue me. :P Transformers 4 was the best, with Grimlock and the rest, though.

I never said you didn't lol You were the one who attacked me 1st saying that you done see halo ending after h6

Yes, I totally attacked you, like a Utahraptor in the night. I was just saying, we have our opinions. Wasn't attacking. XP 

You guys ever think Halo is just a dead game, no matter what happens?

If they go back to basic Halo, they lose all the youner gamers who prefer instant gratification COD games.

If they change gameplay to attract casuals, they lose the hardcore fans, and the casual players will play for a few weeks and move along to a different game.

Old style Halo is dead on consoles, and casual games hold population for a month or two, then drop off to irrelevance.

I've never been one to start the "Halo is dad" shit, but I honestly think Halo is done. No matter what route they take, casual or competitive, there is no winning. Halo is little more than a game meant to squeeze every last dollar out of people, rather than a game desperate to keep growing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sad thing is 343 will probably blame low sales on the Xbox One. Which is true to a certain extent.

They should be more ashamed of the population nosedive though.

"garbage pistol" lol

We went from some decent meaningful discussion to hyperbolic trash now, fellas.

It's outclassed by every other weapon.

So yes, it's garbage. Unless of course the H3 pistol is all of a sudden a great weapon...

• Downvote (-1) 2

Well the whole point of my post was starting weapon in vanilla settings.

What game had a Gold Pro DMR at launch?

Oh that's right, none of them.

In that case, I'd take the H2 BR because it shoots in a straight line. I also can't point in the general direction of somebody and hold the trigger down and get a random perfect kill. 

In that case, I'd take the H2 BR because it shoots in a straight line. I also can't point in the general direction of somebody and hold the trigger down and get a random perfect kill.

The SMG was the starting weapon at launch of H2. BR playlists were only added later.

Sad thing is 343 will probably blame low sales on the Xbox One. Which is true to a certain extent.

They should be more ashamed of the population nosedive though.

They will just blame it on population counters.

Oh wait...

The SMG was the starting weapon at launch of H2. BR playlists were only added later.

Halo 1 defaulted to plasma pistols on more than half the maps, what kind of argument is that? Because it wasn't vanilla it doesn't count? 

You guys ever think Halo is just a dead game, no matter what happens?

If they go back to basic Halo, they lose all the youner gamers who prefer instant gratification COD games.

If they change gameplay to attract casuals, they lose the hardcore fans, and the casual players will play for a few weeks and move along to a different game.

Old style Halo is dead on consoles, and casual games hold population for a month or two, then drop off to irrelevance.

I've never been one to start the "Halo is dad" shit, but I honestly think Halo is done. No matter what route they take, casual or competitive, there is no winning. Halo is little more than a game meant to squeeze every last dollar out of people, rather than a game desperate to keep growing.

i agree and this is exactly why i think 343 should try to go back to old classic halo for the next game. Not only am i a fan of it but honestly, what do they have to lose? You have tried this "new" version of halo and it has failed tremendously. Why not try to go back to the roots? And if that fails then i guess its safe to say halo will never be on top again

• Upvote (+1) 1