CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll admit it, I'm having more fun since I'm not trying as hard but I still want social playlist. I'm tired of try hards wanna be champion players in onyx rank :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 2

sounds like that means nothing, I mean how much better is the dmr post Tu?

made a surprisingly big difference actually. Bloom doesnt really do anything unless you're going full fire-rate.

sounds like that means nothing, I mean how much better is the dmr post Tu?

85% felt like it actually worked as Bungie intended more than 100%. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

We get it. Some of you like complaining about the users who complain, which brings nothing to the conversation. Unless you're bringing up new topics, then stop complaining about the lack of new topics, because that's more annoying than anything.

What new stuff you want to talk about? The new and exciting REQ cards or 343's amazing in-depth weekly blog posts?

You're right. I say we stick with this forum's favorite past time

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

An actually interesting video here from Halo Follower, noting Halo 5's poor sales and plummeting population:

My opinion? Halo 4 was a bad game, all devs release them from time to time. A blip. But they could have learnt from it and make the next game all worth it. But MCC... The hype around MCC's release really could have created Halo's return. Hell, if it worked 100% and had a few more competitive H2A maps, I'd have been more than happy for them to delay H5 for another 6 months to a year to get it finished. And let's be honest, H5 is not a finished product. No doubles, snipers, ball, bomb, infection, griffball and then we get forged post-release BTB maps. They obviously needed more time. This doesn't however excuse the lack of split screen and a poor campaign. Both massive factors in buying a game to many people.

I didn't write this to just bash the game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It just could have been much more. And I feel MCC's failures are largely responsible.

From the video: Where did Halo 5 go wrong?

Is he joking?

This is not an attack on Microsoft, 343...

Why not? Who else would be responsible for this fail?

I don't think he understands what happened. He thinks what persona 343 is placing upon the Chief is a key reason people left the franchise.

What do you think Bungie intended bloom to do?

A mechanic to pace your shots and to punish someone who just spammed the trigger. Didn't matter what you did at 100%, it was random. It felt much better at 85%

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is he joking?

I don't think he understands what happened. He thinks what persona 343 is placing upon the Chief is a key reason people left the franchise.

I didn't watch the video, but are you saying his focus is on campaign rather than multiplayer? lmao Halo Follower is so fucking and out of touch it's not even funny. 

You described it perfectly. Halo 5 is soulless. After a few weeks I am not only bored but I actually rage quit today for the first time ever and broke my headset. It was not the fucking AR party that made me do it, that only pushed me over the ledge today. After thousands of hours of joyfull Halo gaming I just reached the limit. I can´t keep lying to myself and pretend to like it. 343 finally succeeded to kill Halo (for me).

Acceptance is a beautiful thing.

I'l play along then. How?

Just as you remembered it. I mean, really? Did you have to ask?

Halo 5s population is about 40k right now it hurts my soul.

Can we stop blaming Reach for Halo 4/5's demise? Armor abilities were a bad decision that started the downfall of Halo, I get that. However, 343 could have righted the ship by removing them, but instead chose to expand on them. Reach is my sanctuary. As 343 keeps churning out disappointing Halos, I'll always have Reach to fall back on. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way as currently there are 16,000 players on Reach and 900 in BTB. Not bad for a game over 5 years old. I'd like to see Halo 5's pop numbers in 2020.

Reach has Halo 5 beat in the following categories:

- vehicles

- utility weapon(TU)

- weapon balance

- art style/graphics

- Spartan laser

- sniper

- in game friends list

- UI

- physics

- health system

- game types

- aiming

- BTB maps

- spawns

- progression ranks

- scope

- sound

Those are just off the top of my head, but there are so many reasons why Halo Reach TU is a much better game than Halo 5. The only things Halo 5 has over Reach are a ranking system and dedicated servers.

You forgot player retention, especially in the weeks following launch - sort of extremely important.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously ... Cursed Lemon has been complaining since literally 2007 (on the MLG forums).  At a certain point you just need to stop and take stock of how much of your life/time/energy you're expending on complaining about something that your complaints will never fix.  A few posts is fine, but ffs guys ... 

How about you take your own advice and stop being a hypocrite? You're wasting your energy by complaining about other people complaining because you know damn well that they aren't going to stop complaining. If you want people to be more productive with their time then how about you set an example. Maybe the real reason why you're saying this is because your subconscious is telling you to be more productive with your life. Just some food for thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is he joking?

well firstly, you can point out failings and not attack, all you're doing is pointing out the objective. Secondly, this video was purely for points with the hardcore community, he literally pulled a Fox News.

well firstly, you can point out failings and not attack, all you're doing is pointing out the objective. Secondly, this video was purely for points with the hardcore community, he literally pulled a Fox News.

Dude, Taste of Hate auditions need to be soon. The band feels so empty without Lemons. Q^Q

Dude, Taste of Hate auditions need to be soon. The band feels so empty without Lemons. Q^Q

@@AlphaBenson can be our dodecagon guy, do you have any idea how heavy of an instrument it is?