CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How is the DMR any better than the H5 Magnum?

it has more range and that's about it.

Honestly, h5 and reach even out to me, reach has a better sandbox, but is far more random and ridiculous in how it plays, halo 5 has a much better format of play(everybody has the same shit), but the sandbox is redundant and horribly balanced.

I give up trying to play arena solo..

I've done the same. I only play it with at least a party of three now. Going in alone consists of me playing two or three games and getting either quitters on my team or getting matched against a team of 4 nearly every game.

longer range and dominates against other weapons in the game

the dmr isn't so much better than the pistol, it's just that reachs gun balance was somewhat competent.

it has more range and that's about it.

Honestly, h5 and reach even out to me, reach has a better sandbox, but is far more random and ridiculous in how it plays, halo 5 has a much better format of play(everybody has the same shit), but the sandbox is redundant and horribly balanced.

I wouldn't say it's horribly balanced when all it needs is a pistol buff and some changes to weapon placement. It would play 100 times better IMO.

the dmr isn't so much better than the pistol, it's just that reachs gun balance was somewhat competent.

true, but still the longer range is kind of a big deal

I wouldn't say it's horribly balanced when all it needs is a pistol buff and some changes to weapon placement. It would play 100 times better IMO.

the fact that the starting weapon can't compete against any weapon other than itself is pretty horrible in my option, it has cause so many other problems it's dragging the gameplay down with it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

uwot

the fact that the starting weapon can't compete against any weapon other than itself is pretty horrible in my option, it has cause so many other problems it's dragging the gameplay down with it.

It can compete, it's just not consistent enough. It's not a complete blowout when facing other weapons but at the same time players aren't being rewarded enough when using it. It's in some kind of weird middle ground right now

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with a pistol buff, there are too many weapons which are basically instant death within their niche. At mid level play, if you see someone holding the storm rifle you might as well put the control down and wait for the respawn. My understanding of a utility weapon is a weapon that is competitive against everything else in the sandbox? I think the AR probably fulfills this role better at current due to how OP it is.

Even with a pistol buff, there are too many weapons which are basically instant death within their niche. At mid level play, if you see someone holding the storm rifle you might as well put the control down and wait for the respawn. My understanding of a utility weapon is a weapon that is competitive against everything else in the sandbox? I think the AR probably fulfills this role better at current due to how OP it is.

Weapons are supposed to be effective within their niche. Storm Rifle just needs better map placement. The AR performs too well outside of its niche but a buffed pistol will put it in its place again. The caster needs a buff too.

Ah yes cause considering MCC. I highly doubt those hotfixes and patches will work. 

Whether the patch works or not, we should see what they are fixing/attempting to fix. Otherwise for all we know they are just forging new maps for our dlc. There's zero reason we shouldn't see what will be fixed in the upcoming week, or re balanced in X weeks.

are the autos good at any other range than close?

The autos weren't good in any regard whatsoever.

Reach's weapon balancing was horrible, but it could be stripped into a barebones experience given that the utility weapon after the update was more or less balanced with the power weapons and semi-power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn we need some news or something cuz this thread is depressing lately. Comparing default Reach gameplay to H5 is the most ******** thing I've seen in a while.

News you say, lets do it 343 style.

Meh, I've had some of the most fun I've had on halo in a while the last few days with H5. Yeah I've been playing in a party of 3 in arena and 3-5 in BTB for the most part but I haven't enjoyed halo this much since the latter years of H3. Sure there are a number of problems with the game but gameplay wise this is probably up there with being the best default halo gameplay experience at launch online with H3. Granted that may not be saying much since H2, H:R and H4 were terrible at launch but the main thing holding this game back is the lack of content, solo queue and social playlists that are fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The autos weren't good in any regard whatsoever.

Reach's weapon balancing was horrible, but it could be stripped into a barebones experience given that the utility weapon after the update was more or less balanced with the power weapons and semi-power weapons.

Weapon balancing in Reach was great. Of course you don't want autos to be overpowered cause it'll make the game not fun, like Halo 5.

I usually play a handful of warzone games at the end of the night to relax and get that easy RP. Add me if you guys want to join up! We end up with a decent amount of people from here.

I'll take up that offer

a TB 3o3

The same few people making same arguments over and over again, day in and day out would be just as dull if they were being positive about the game.

I don't even disagree with the complaints about 5, it's lacking content, the autos need some adjustments and removing radar would be lovely. However I barely bother posting here because it's just become a massive negative circle jerk.

Nah it's just annoying that people keep beating a dead horse constantly for the 5 years.

Like we get it, the population sucks, it didn't sell well, sprint sucks, the maps suck, etc

Seriously ... Cursed Lemon has been complaining since literally 2007 (on the MLG forums).  At a certain point you just need to stop and take stock of how much of your life/time/energy you're expending on complaining about something that your complaints will never fix.  A few posts is fine, but ffs guys ... 

• Downvote (-1) 3

are the autos good at any other range than close?

They were objectively bad at any range. The DMR killed faster.

Seriously ... Cursed Lemon has been complaining since literally 2007 (on the MLG forums).  At a certain point you just need to stop and take stock of how much of your life/time/energy you're expending on complaining about something that your complaints will never fix.  A few posts is fine, but ffs guys ... 

I've given up on halo ever being good again, I didn't get Halo 5 and probably won't get H6 unless they finally get rid of sprint.

They were objectively bad at any range. The DMR killed faster.

Which made it a lot like H3. It meant that utility fights were always rifle against rifle, which was annoying pre-TU, but awesome post-TU when bloom wasnt really a factor. For me the most rewarding utility battles since CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1