CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Empire CTF may be the most frustrating experience I've had in any Halo. I'm not the best player in the world, when something like this happens in Halo it should feel great. Instead it felt terrible. Shortly after the clip I get killed and the enemy team caps and we lose.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EAD1C40636F9646B!397&authkey=!AI5-6ncpLUp2zGc&ithint=video%2cmp4

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video into the post itself. First time using any of this. If any mod can edit the post to embed it, feel free.

This is why i hate ctf in this game you get 4 dead and still they get to your base in time to pull the flag it is a random mess right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wait till you experience SH on Empire.

Yeah, I have, it is in fact equally terrible.

That sucks. They really need to adjust the spawn points for CTF and most certainly the respawn timer in CTF.

But at the same time, while I'm not condoning the poor design/balancing of this map, you should also be wary and not take a chance in case someone makes it to your base in time (which is more than doable with sprint). You should run the flag properly when there's no downside to being spotted and juggle it. 

Agreed, not saying I played perfectly here, just that when something like this happens the roller coaster ride from high to low is exceptionally brutal.

WTF were your other two teammates doing?

Who knows? lol. I'm not the best player, and don't play with the best teammates or get the best randoms. Obviously much could have went different so that this didn't happen, but the fact that something like this so easily happens is quite frustrating. Not saying I couldn't have played it better, but at the same time I feel like I didn't do anything so egregiously wrong that this shouldn't be a cap every time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has to understand that communicating with the community and informing people on everything is extremely important to the success of a game right? I hate to sound like a broken record but with Blops 3 there is a lot of communication between Von and the players. With Halo 4 they took a month vacation (lol) with MCC they literally acted like it didn't exist and with Halo 5 the population is dropping and they are literally doing nothing. I don't understand this company. If you really cared about the product you launched you would listen to feedback and respond.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hate to say it but this thread has slowly become cancer ... to all the people jerking each other off about how terrible H5 is; maybe just Alt+F4 and go LAN H1 or something?  We've heard your opinion, repeatedly; maybe it's time to move on from the franchise, as it seems to be creating too much drama and pain in your life

You're so right, I wish all the people talking negatively about H5 would just fuck off and go back to MCC, I mean 343i worked so hard to give the classic Halo fans their games and they're still complaining I just don't get it.

/s just in case someone doesn't get it

Content doesn't get made instantaneously.

Yeah man give'em a break they only had three years and a multi-million dollar budget to make these maps and gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn we need some news or something cuz this thread is depressing lately. Comparing default Reach gameplay to H5 is the most ******** thing I've seen in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Damn we need some news or something cuz this thread is depressing lately. Comparing default Reach gameplay to H5 is the most ******** thing I've seen in a while.

Do we even have enough dank to lighten up the mood ?

I've really enjoyed Halo 5. The gameplay is exciting and still feels fresh. But I can see that many people don't feel the same way. And fair enough. There is just a complete lack of content and the maps are awful for the most part. Everything looks and feels too much like other games. The campaign felt like a shell of 1-3's story. The gameplay was fun but it failed to grip me once again.

343 have appealed to much to the new that they are driving away the old and more dedicated fans. Halo 5 is suffering in many ways as a result of the last 2 games being poorly received by the core fan base.

I think those are the main reasons people are walking away from this game. I can't find a game in Aus during week days it's that bad.

Can we get a H6 discussion up prematurely? I'd love some discussion on some new ideas that Halo needs to do different from other console games to build up some community. Something on the level of CSGO's market update and constant gameplay updates from Valve afterwards.

Some ideas to create some variety and a sense that the game has a following.

Well, its been a month so let's see:

• Massive hype train pre-launch driven by marketing tactics?
  • Glaring gameplay issues people claimed wouldn't be an issue prelaunch end being a big issue?
  • Population plummeting and devs nowhere to be found with no word on weapon tuning/additional content coming in?
  • Game that could be really good with a few small but essential things changed?
  • Baffling decisions like no ranks/no social/lack of playlists/etc?
  • Statements by developers pre-launch regarding gameplay/features/etc that end up being demonstrably false yet also vague enough to maintain plausible deniability?
  • Honeymoon period that rapidly ends?

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE 7 FOR 7, ANOTHER PERFECT LAUNCH BOYS! JUST LIKE 2010, 2012 and 2014!  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  

Welcome to post 2007 Halo, apparently. All sarcasm aside I just wish we could learn from previous experiences and end up with a game that actually launches well. 

I wish I had the talent to make my own Halo-esque FPS.

Can we get a H6 discussion up prematurely? I'd love some discussion on some new ideas that Halo needs to do different from other console games to build up some community. Something on the level of CSGO's market update and constant gameplay updates from Valve afterwards.

Some ideas to create some variety and a sense that the game has a following.

That sort of following is never going to happen on xbox exclusive, let alone a console game in general. There are also way more downsides to the csgo skin economy than there are positives. The only thing we have going for us that is in common with csgo is that both games launched in a terrible state. Unless 343 devs show up to all the lans, have direct communication with pros at all times, we wont see updates we want/need for competitive value.

Decided to mess around with the Sniper. If you go just outside of the red zone on someone and just outside of their head the magnetism will pull it to them anyways.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/rK%20noKt/video/12962335(second kill)

yeah, there are more undeserved headshots than ever.

it used to be hard to get a headshot sniper kill with guys running away, but now it's commonplace

That sort of following is never going to happen on xbox exclusive, let alone a console game in general. There are also way more downsides to the csgo skin economy than there are positives. The only thing we have going for us that is in common with csgo is that both games launched in a terrible state. Unless 343 devs show up to all the lans, have direct communication with pros at all times, we wont see updates we want/need for competitive value.

I'm not asking for a CS following. I'm asking for some progress that'll make this game known and able to keep and foster some population post release.

I'm not asking for a CS following. I'm asking for some progress that'll make this game known and able to keep and foster some population post release.

They have said that updates will be monthly.

Updates every 4 weeks is not going to cut it. We should be seeing weekly patch notes and hotfixes until we are in a stable state.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They're still working on forge. I sincerely doubt anything big is in store for the rest of this game's lifespan.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

holy fuck whats up with this sudden "love" for the game that started Halos final decay?!

Does it really matter if you have to choose just one ability? You could argue that it is more true to Halos roots that everybody has the same set of options but thats not what I'm trying to prove (and I cannot stress enough that I don't think H5 is close to a true Halo!) ..

Do you really think that SA's are so much more alienating then jet pack, Armor Lock or camo?

I'm not arguing wich game is more "fun", that's up to everyone them self to decide but I think it's pathetic that people suddenly start "praising" Reach so much just because they don't like H5 and maybe had some fun with v7...

I'd even go as far as to claim that H5 would play drastically diffrent if Bungie hadn't set the foundation for this modern Halo with Reach..

Can we stop blaming Reach for Halo 4/5's demise? Armor abilities were a bad decision that started the downfall of Halo, I get that. However, 343 could have righted the ship by removing them, but instead chose to expand on them. Reach is my sanctuary. As 343 keeps churning out disappointing Halos, I'll always have Reach to fall back on. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way as currently there are 16,000 players on Reach and 900 in BTB. Not bad for a game over 5 years old. I'd like to see Halo 5's pop numbers in 2020.

Reach has Halo 5 beat in the following categories:

- vehicles

- utility weapon(TU)

- weapon balance

- art style/graphics

- Spartan laser

- sniper

- in game friends list

- UI

- physics

- health system

- game types

- aiming

- BTB maps

- spawns

- progression ranks

- scope

- sound

Those are just off the top of my head, but there are so many reasons why Halo Reach TU is a much better game than Halo 5. The only things Halo 5 has over Reach are a ranking system and dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get how 343 didn't realize, if it didn't work in Reach or H4 that it would some how work in H5.

But dude, their game breaking mechanics aren't the reason for Halo's demise, it's "market changes" lol

Updates every 4 weeks is not going to cut it. We should be seeing weekly patch notes and hotfixes until we are in a stable state.

Ah yes cause considering MCC. I highly doubt those hotfixes and patches will work. 

Default Reach and Halo 4 shouldn't even be in the discussion anymore. Those problems were fixed. 343 should be building off the fixed versions of those games. We shouldn't be comparing the most shitty parts of the worst Halo games to Halo 5. You're giving 343 way too much credit if you think they slightly improved the most shitty parts of Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Default Reach and Halo 4 shouldn't even be in the discussion anymore. Those problems were fixed. 343 should be building off the fixed versions of those games. We shouldn't be comparing the most shitty parts of the worst Halo games to Halo 5. You're giving 343 way too much credit if you think they slightly improved the most shitty parts of Halo Reach and Halo 4.

Lmao you'd swear 343 has amnesia every time they release a Halo game, from basically starting crom scratch and not improving to keeping doubles and snipers from bring in MM due to "not knowing its popularity". Shits unreal