CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What happens if multiple people use the same computer? (brother/sister/girlfriend etc.)

You'd have to ask a Waypoint mod. If it was me, I'd check their XBL profile and see if their name is the same on the alt and original account. Maybe check their friends list too.

Yup. This December update needs to have everything that should've shipped with the game, + balancing/tuning. Could we start an official wishlist for 343? Community-created, then made into an official  :beyond: article? @@Moa

Some of the stuff should be obvious, but then again...

Everything people want, they know about. They do read the forums, subreddits, etc - they just don't always reply.

I hope this rocket playlist never comes back.

I hope it does, but not ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The same few people making same arguments over and over again, day in and day out would be just as dull if they were being positive about the game.

I don't even disagree with the complaints about 5, it's lacking content, the autos need some adjustments and removing radar would be lovely. However I barely bother posting here because it's just become a massive negative circle jerk.

If you want us to discuss other topics, then bring them up.

Has anyone ran into me on Halo 5?

I've ran into GenOrange, Blankfein, OneManSystem, Krazer, Infinity, Clicked, YoshinJaa, Clutchskis and a couple others while I was running on an alternate account.

Has anyone ran into me on Halo 5?

I've ran into GenOrange, Blankfein, OneManSystem, Krazer, Infinity, Clicked, YoshinJaa, Clutchskis and a couple others while I was running on an alternate account.

I take it you beat One Man System because he is ass

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if 343 has all the other gametypes like Oddball and CTF already made, they're just withholding them as part of their sustain plan. Which, if that be the case, might end up being a massive failure, as I doubt many people will come back to the game unless they're released soon.

Maybe the Christmas season could bring back a decent influx of players?

I dont like to think of 343 as the type of company that has a plan, they just do

EDIT: That sounded harsh, I know they have a plan

Does "fuck all" not include the free updates they're bringing and have already released?

Content doesn't get made instantaneously. Sure it's lacking some features which should have been in at launch and it needs some tweaking, however the continuous, monotonous droning about how the game is awful because it needs some balancing and a few more modes is just so dull.

Some more armour, emblems and forge maps is fuck all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My biggest issue with the game and the reason I haven't touched it in weeks now, is that it just doesn't feel like a $60 game.  The lack of content is ridiculous.  To me, the UI in Halo 5 looks like a game in beta.  The matchmaking screen is terrible, you see 8 emblems in a row above the loading bar and that's it.  Compared to past Halo games (even Halo 4), this game doesn't feel like a Halo game to me.  Not so much because of gameplay reasons (though that is part of the reason), but because of the lack of content and lack of things to do.  

As of right now you have 3 things to do in Halo 5:  

-You can sweat it out in ranked arena

-You can play all 3 warzone maps

-You can play Campaign without scoring or timing

Ranked matches are definitely a step in the right direction.  There needs to be party restrictions, you need to be able to drop out of onyx, and champion players (not me) should not have to wait an hour to find matches.  IMO, 343 did a good job with warzone.  It's fun when you're in the mood for it and the REQ system is cool.  Not so much the RNG based unlock system, but calling in power weapons and stuff like that in match is cool.  But at the same time this mode should not be the only social experience in the game.  12v12 with the REQ system doesn't exactly feel like the classic halo social experience.  There isn't even a firefight/Spartan ops mode.  These modes were popular in the games they appeared in, but apparently warzone is supposed to be their replacement.  So if you want to do anything co-op based with your friends you get to go play Campaign.  That for some reason has no options for scoring/timing.  I know the amount of people who actually care about campaign scoring/timing leaderboards is very miniscule but it would sure help make the game feel more complete.  

I know a lot of the stuff I talked about most of the "competitive" crowd won't care for.  I've been following competitive halo since around 2008.  I've watched nearly every event since then (except for halo 4 events).  I consider myself a "competitive" player.  But I still enjoy all parts of halo.  In Halo Reach I spent the majority of my time in the MLG playlist just because I couldn't stand armor abilities and I liked the majority of the maps in the playlist.  But even then I still spent plenty of time playing regular team slayer to relax, playing firefight with friends, and screwing around in campaign.  And the custom games people came up with in Reach were insane.  And the armor customization Reach offered was very in depth.  4 and especially 5 have taken massive steps backwards here.  Even with all it's problems, Reach felt like a complete Halo game because the amount of content it came with.  Hell, I even returned to Halo 4 every now and then to play Spartan Ops.  

I don't think Halo 5 is a bad game.  I enjoy watching pro teams scrim, and I think tournaments could be exciting.  But in my eyes, the game doesn't even feel like a full $60 game, let alone a Halo game.  Sure this is all beating a dead horse, but 343 has to be checking this forum and they need to see that people aren't happy over the lack of content.  Actual gameplay issues are one thing (such as radar in competitive, automatics in their current state, etc.), but the complete lack of content is inexcusable.  

• Upvote (+1) 7

Much like you are in Breakout. c:

Yes, I am the noob while you drop one kill because you try to blindfire the Hydra.  :wutface:

Its funny. More people are playing one of the worst games from 2014 called Destiny. They made you PAY for all the "updates" And yet its higher than Halo 5. I mean it can't be that Halo 5 sucks cause its actually quite good and can be great with tweaking.

Yeah man, I really don't get this. I've been playing Halo 5 more than any title in a long time. Last time I grinded like this was 2010 with Halo 3, but I find this game to be much more enjoyable.

Honestly, I think it's the lack of instant gratification (easy kills ala CoD) or addicting reward system (Destiny). The only pull this game has is it's gameplay where you have to actually have some semblance of skill to get a couple kills.The lack of social playlists also doesn't help one bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yes, I am the noob while you drop one kill because you try to blindfire the Hydra.  :wutface:

I'm also the one person who took on three people and ended up winning while you guys sat around in the back with your thumbs up your asses, being distractions.  :lxthul:

Well, its been a month so let's see:

• Massive hype train pre-launch driven by marketing tactics?
  • Glaring gameplay issues people claimed wouldn't be an issue prelaunch end being a big issue?
  • Population plummeting and devs nowhere to be found with no word on weapon tuning/additional content coming in?
  • Game that could be really good with a few small but essential things changed?
  • Baffling decisions like no ranks/no social/lack of playlists/etc?
  • Statements by developers pre-launch regarding gameplay/features/etc that end up being demonstrably false yet also vague enough to maintain plausible deniability?
  • Honeymoon period that rapidly ends?

LOOKS LIKE WE'RE 7 FOR 7, ANOTHER PERFECT LAUNCH BOYS! JUST LIKE 2010, 2012 and 2014!  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

Welcome to post 2007 Halo, apparently. All sarcasm aside I just wish we could actually learn from previous experiences and end up with a game that actually launches well. 

I hate it but we all knew it would happen. Not to say H5 doesn't have great aspects but they are totally eclipsed by the faults for anyone who doesn't like Warzone or creating multiple accounts or getting real sweaty all the time. 

I'm also the one person who took on three people and ended up winning while you guys sat around in the back with your thumbs up your asses, being distractions.  :lxthul:

You want to open up a bakery with those 1 kill Breadsticks

Empire CTF may be the most frustrating experience I've had in any Halo. I'm not the best player in the world, when something like this happens in Halo it should feel great. Instead it felt terrible. Shortly after the clip I get killed and the enemy team caps and we lose.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EAD1C40636F9646B!397&authkey=!AI5-6ncpLUp2zGc&ithint=video%2cmp4

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video into the post itself. First time using any of this. If any mod can edit the post to embed it, feel free.

Empire CTF may be the most frustrating experience I've had in any Halo. I'm not the best player in the world, when something like this happens in Halo it should feel great. Instead it felt terrible. Shortly after the clip I get killed and the enemy team caps and we lose.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=EAD1C40636F9646B!397&authkey=!AI5-6ncpLUp2zGc&ithint=video%2cmp4

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video into the post itself. First time using any of this. If any mod can edit the post to embed it, feel free.

That sucks. They really need to adjust the spawn points for CTF and most certainly the respawn timer in CTF.

But at the same time, while I'm not condoning the poor design/balancing of this map, you should also be wary and not take a chance in case someone makes it to your base in time (which is more than doable with sprint). You should run the flag properly when there's no downside to being spotted and juggle it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

WTF were your other two teammates doing?

• Upvote (+1) 1