CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If we still get map remixes after what going on with the population, I'm done with halo as long as 343 works on it.

If we still get map remixes after what going on with the population, I'm done with halo as long as 343 works on it.

I doubt we'll ever be at the end of that road, it happened with Reach and 4, sure as will happen with 5 later on.

Not trying to piss on your sunny day.

I feel like halo follower is pulling a Fox News with that video, by which I mean, he's making it purely so that he can say he's unbiased, it's like when Bill O'Reilly interviewed Carl rove awhile back and actually went after him instead of sucking his dick because he's conservative, they did that so that they could say that they were "fair and balanced", even though 99% percent of what they do is biased. Chris is bring up all the things we bring up here, we're also the people who hate halo follower the most arguably, feel like he's just trying to get some points with this vid.

Not saying his points aren't legitimate, many of them are(he gets a few things wrong, but most of what he brings up makes sense).

• Upvote (+1) 1

An actually interesting video here from Halo Follower, noting Halo 5's poor sales and plummeting population:

My opinion? Halo 4 was a bad game, all devs release them from time to time. A blip. But they could have learnt from it and make the next game all worth it. But MCC... The hype around MCC's release really could have created Halo's return. Hell, if it worked 100% and had a few more competitive H2A maps, I'd have been more than happy for them to delay H5 for another 6 months to a year to get it finished. And let's be honest, H5 is not a finished product. No doubles, snipers, ball, bomb, infection, griffball and then we get forged post-release BTB maps. They obviously needed more time. This doesn't however excuse the lack of split screen and a poor campaign. Both massive factors in buying a game to many people.

I didn't write this to just bash the game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It just could have been much more. And I feel MCC's failures are largely responsible.

"Halo: Reach, a complete side game"

Why do people think this? I've been seeing this more and more outside of competitive communities like Beyond. The only "side" part about that game was the damn title. It was the next installment into Halo as much as any numbered game was. I honestly think the only people saying this are the ones who didn't play it and they just look at the history of the games and think "oh that doesn't have a number on it, must have been a side project or something."

And the reason this annoys me is because people use that as an excuse to why Bungie made the changes they did, because "it wasn't an actual Halo game". And I'm glad that HaloFollower made a video to emphasize the sales, but his lack of knowledge of the series really does shine in this video. He has zero understanding on why people are dropping the game so quickly.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I feel like halo follower is pulling a Fox News with that video, by which I mean, he's making it purely so that he can say he's unbiased, it's like when Bill O'Reilly interviewed Carl rove awhile back and actually went after him instead of sucking his dick because he's conservative, they did that so that they could say that they were "fair and balanced", even though 99% percent of what they do is biased. Chris is bring up all the things we bring up here, we're also the people who hate halo follower the most arguably, feel like he's just trying to get some points with this vid.

Not saying his points aren't legitimate, many of them are(he gets a few things wrong, but most of what he brings up makes sense).

Guessing that Chris isn't invited in to 343i ever again :kappa:

I hope this rocket playlist never comes back.

Yeah like, was not putting in Regret too hard? I successfully threw up in my mouth after having to detour from one bridge to one ramp to one of the hundreds of doorways to avoid getting rushed.

Sorry for the TMI.

Next time 343 just do not include the rank/placement tracker, but that's asking for too much probably.

Reach is far and away closer to "real Halo" than Halo 5. In Reach, you only have one "ability" to choose, mainly sprint, jetpack, armor lock, or camo. As bullshit as those abilities may be, the fact that everyone only has one makes it far more tolerable than all the different abilities you have to encounter in Halo 5. Thruster pack, ground pound, sprint, clamber, Spartan charge, and stabilizer not only strips away core Halo gameplay, but also adds a lot of stress to the game. If you thought Reach's sprint and double pummel was annoying, well Spartan charge is 10 times worse. Also, you can't even perform a simple jump melee because of the ground pound mechanic.

Another big thing that makes Reach much closer to "real Halo" than H5 is that if someone in Reach dares to challenge me with an automatic while I have a precision weapon, I can almost always win that battle(just like in H2/H3), whereas in Halo 5 it's usually either flee or die.

holy fuck whats up with this sudden "love" for the game that started Halos final decay?!

Does it really matter if you have to choose just one ability? You could argue that it is more true to Halos roots that everybody has the same set of options but thats not what I'm trying to prove (and I cannot stress enough that I don't think H5 is close to a true Halo!) ..

Do you really think that SA's are so much more alienating then jet pack, Armor Lock or camo?

I'm not arguing wich game is more "fun", that's up to everyone them self to decide but I think it's pathetic that people suddenly start "praising" Reach so much just because they don't like H5 and maybe had some fun with v7...

I'd even go as far as to claim that H5 would play drastically diffrent if Bungie hadn't set the foundation for this modern Halo with Reach..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think H5 flopped harder than H4 did since it's not even in the top 10 one month after launch..... :prayers:

It flopped harder than the game that didn't work.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

holy fuck whats up with this sudden "love" for the game that started Halos final decay?!

Does it really matter if you have to choose just one ability? You could argue that it is more true to Halos roots that everybody has the same set of options but thats not what I'm trying to prove (and I cannot stress enough that I don't think H5 is close to a true Halo!) ..

Do you really think that SA's are so much more alienating then jet pack, Armor Lock or camo?

I'm not arguing wich game is more "fun", that's up to everyone them self to decide but I think it's pathetic that people suddenly start "praising" Reach so much just because they don't like H5 and maybe had some fun with v7...

I'd even go as far as to claim that H5 would play drastically diffrent if Bungie hadn't set the foundation for this modern Halo with Reach..

the love for reach isn't a new thing, it sold well and retained a decent population, halo 4 is the first game in the series to die within its lifespan, and mcc didn't do anybody favors. Bungie did "begin" halos decline, but 343 easily contributed the most to it shitting the bed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The last few Halo games give me such a headache sometimes. I really wish someone that works directly with the game and the upper management would shed light on why the content has been sub-par when compared to Bungie Halo. That sounds antagonistic or maybe even subjective but it really isn't meant to and it definitely is not subjective. Point for point they've either delivered less varied content (H4 and 5) or delivered the same content but broken (MCC). They have tried to add new things but we seem to lose more of the old options for each of the new options setting up a steady decline in features even though some of the included features are new. I really want a reasonably thought out and serious response as to how they think they're going to grow and build upon the franchise by removing what previously grew and built the franchise and replacing it with fewer but new options. It seems like they're really trying to make a new experience that isn't actually a continuation by making something of somewhat smaller proportion with cherry picked features from previous releases. I can almost understand that point of view, especially if you were making a new IP, but all they're seemingly accomplishing is the destruction of what made everyone like Halo to begin with. Whatever it is that they think they're doing is clearly not working. Maybe they're just not capable of bringing over the previous set of features while adding onto it? Idk.

Not to forget that Reach actually had features that kept people playing it although the gameplay was awful. 343's approach seems to combine "lol, seriously" or at best "bad" gameplay with no features at all (or broken ones). Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person to halo ( :kappa: ) Bungie, but their games at least worked on a technical level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody else have this issue if you have two accounts signed in, sometimes when you finish a game, it keeps backing you out to the main menu claiming that "The Fireteam has changed. Returning to the main menu" message?

This happened like 4 times in a row after completing a match and then once in a middle of the match I was in the middle of the fight, I thrust to the left, and get kicked out of the game... To get greeted with a "The fireteam has changed. Returning to the main menu."

I'm not sure what in the hell caused this.

The more I think about it, the more Halo 5 honestly just seems like a tech demo built for the sake of showing off the new engine that's going to be used in Halo 6.

The more I think about it, the more Halo 5 honestly just seems like a tech demo built for the sake of showing off the new engine that's going to be used in Halo 6.

More Spartan Abilities & Sprint ? :kappa:

More Spartan Abilities & Sprint ? :kappa:

maybe after this game that shit will be gone and they'll just develop the things we can already do as the player and keep the actual new ability count low.

It's amazing how far these arguments can drag on lmao.

I hate to say it but this thread has slowly become cancer ... to all the people jerking each other off about how terrible H5 is; maybe just Alt+F4 and go LAN H1 or something?  We've heard your opinion, repeatedly; maybe it's time to move on from the franchise, as it seems to be creating too much drama and pain in your life

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I hate to say it but this thread has slowly become cancer ... to all the people jerking each other off about how terrible H5 is; maybe just Alt+F4 and go LAN H1 or something?  We've heard your opinion, repeatedly; maybe it's time to move on from the franchise, as it seems to be creating too much drama and pain in your life

So you'd rather have a circle jerk with the 4 people here that actually like the game?
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The last few Halo games give me such a headache sometimes. I really wish someone that works directly with the game and the upper management would shed light on why the content has been sub-par when compared to Bungie Halo. That sounds antagonistic or maybe even subjective but it really isn't meant to and it definitely is not subjective. Point for point they've either delivered less varied content (H4 and 5) or delivered the same content but broken (MCC). They have tried to add new things but we seem to lose more of the old options for each of the new options setting up a steady decline in features even though some of the included features are new. I really want a reasonably thought out and serious response as to how they think they're going to grow and build upon the franchise by removing what previously grew and built the franchise and replacing it with fewer but new options. It seems like they're really trying to make a new experience that isn't actually a continuation by making something of somewhat smaller proportion with cherry picked features from previous releases. I can almost understand that point of view, especially if you were making a new IP, but all they're seemingly accomplishing is the destruction of what made everyone like Halo to begin with. Whatever it is that they think they're doing is clearly not working. Maybe they're just not capable of bringing over the previous set of features while adding onto it? Idk.

Don't hold your breath lol.

So you'd rather have a circle jerk with the 4 people here that actually like the game?

Nah it's just annoying that people keep beating a dead horse constantly for the 5 years.

Like we get it, the population sucks, it didn't sell well, sprint sucks, the maps suck, etc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes, in Onyx, you dont rank up at ALL from beating lower ranked players. It's fucking stupid. I won 6 games today and ranked up from 2 of them. Why in the world would I want to play if I can't rank up from a win? Why would 343 even match me up against them if I can't gain not even ONE point from a win? They are so incompetent.