CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

one account per person.

What happens if multiple people use the same computer? (brother/sister/girlfriend etc.)

What happens if multiple people use the same computer? (brother/sister etc.)

As long as the computer isnt a person that should be fine. Account 1= person 1. Account 2 = person 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An actually interesting video here from Halo Follower, noting Halo 5's poor sales and plummeting population:

My opinion? Halo 4 was a bad game, all devs release them from time to time. A blip. But they could have learnt from it and make the next game all worth it. But MCC... The hype around MCC's release really could have created Halo's return. Hell, if it worked 100% and had a few more competitive H2A maps, I'd have been more than happy for them to delay H5 for another 6 months to a year to get it finished. And let's be honest, H5 is not a finished product. No doubles, snipers, ball, bomb, infection, griffball and then we get forged post-release BTB maps. They obviously needed more time. This doesn't however excuse the lack of split screen and a poor campaign. Both massive factors in buying a game to many people.

I didn't write this to just bash the game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It just could have been much more. And I feel MCC's failures are largely responsible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As long as the computer isnt a person that should be fine. Account 1= person 1. Account 2 = person 2.

Is there even a way for them to check that?

An actually interesting video here from Halo Follower, noting Halo 5's poor sales and plummeting population:

My opinion? Halo 4 was a bad game, all devs release them from time to time. A blip. But they could have learnt from it and make the next game all worth it. But MCC... The hype around MCC's release really could have created Halo's return. Hell, if it worked 100% and had a few more competitive H2A maps, I'd have been more than happy for them to delay H5 for another 6 months to a year to get it finished. And let's be honest, H5 is not a finished product. No doubles, snipers, ball, bomb, infection, griffball and then we get forged post-release BTB maps. They obviously needed more time. This doesn't however excuse the lack of split screen and a poor campaign. Both massive factors in buying a game to many people.

I didn't write this to just bash the game. I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. It just could have been much more. And I feel MCC's failures are largely responsible.

At what point do we stop saying "they needed more time", when maybe its poor time management/poor allocation of staff? They had a working beta in December of last year!! 3 year dev cycles are there to release a finished product.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reach has less mechanical changes than halo 5. That alone makes it more Halo. From being able to zoom and look down the scope of a rifle to the sound effects.....there's more halo in reach than halo 5.

That Reach had the audio-visually feel of Halo is true! (forgot about that part..)

But as far as gamesplay is concerned, Reach has 7 armor abilities (not including Bloom and Loadouts!) that fucked  with Halos gameplay, H5 has 7 Spartan abilities (including smart scope)

now it's up to your personal oppinion, if you believe that HR's gameplay is more Halo'ish because you don't have all abilities at the same time or because you only look at later settigns that have removed most stuff, then I guess you have a point but to me it doesn't matter, both added too much stuff to Halos core gameplay to be considered to be a true Halo for me, HR's audio-visuall feel can't really save much there...

And looking at HR and H5 from a non-Halo perspective, I enjoy H5's gameplay a lot more! But thats purely subjective

:prayers: Praise Halofollower  :rekt:

I like Halofollowers video - and I get that he wanted to stay away from "bashing 343 or Microsoft"   But he left out a HUGE reason why H5 flopped.  We all know what it is, we all saw how terrible H4 was, we all saw the lies and the failure around MCC, we were here when H5 released with less content than a game 10 years ago... 

It is clear as day what has happened to Halo and who is responsible, yet excuses will still run rampant and the community for some reason allows themselves to be appeased by the blanket "Coming Soon!"

All these, "new" or "casual" players that 343 is tryin to get have already moved on due to the actions taken with Halo 5, they are playing bigger and better games, and they will not come back because some some part of the game is introduced that shouldve been in it months earlier. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ok, here are my verdict after four weeks of Halo 5. I fucking hate it. Worst game in the series. It is so much bullshit and the AR crap is just to much. I am going back to MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They made the multiplayer focused around Esports and provided a huge tournament to boot and now all you kids are crying about Big team battle and fuckin campaign wtf.

If only this "Esport" focused game had decent competitive settings. And yea people are gonna complain because no social playlists is fucking ridiculous and big team/campaign are ass.

If only this "Esport" focused game had decent competitive settings. And yea people are gonna complain because no social playlists is fucking ridiculous and big team/campaign are ass.

I thought only "Waypoint kids" complain about campaign and BTB?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They made the multiplayer focused around Esports and provided a huge tournament to boot and now all you kids are crying about Big team battle and fuckin campaign wtf.

Just because I'm on team beyond doesn't mean Im not a casual.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought only "Waypoint kids" complain about campaign and BTB?

Nah some people like that stuff. Not me personally, but it has a pretty big audience especially campaign.

There is something magical to go back on Halo 3, even in broken MCC. It feels like old buddy that is slower and yes broken few bones(looking at MCC) but still welcomes you back. Unlike Halo 5 that feels like some marketing person that speaks fast, has some interesting and right things with him but afterall is boring, uninspired.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As much as it pains me to say it but the good old saying "Good things don't last forever" or "nothing good lasts forever" might be here with halo soon if its not here already

MCC sales weren't any better (though not sure we really need to go into why).

The huge drop off between H4 and MCC is pretty crazy. Sure it's a new generation of consoles but that's a lot of sales to lose. I have no idea if that's considered normal in the industry.

On one hand I'm sad the game is flopping. On the other I'm a little happy.

Maybe now they'll finally listen to the hardcore fan base that has been saying for years that things like sprint will kill halo.

Make a REAL halo game. What have you got to lose? Sales and population are already plummeting.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Late to the Halo Reach vs H5 conversation, but:

Reach UI>>>>>>>>>>

Without a doubt, I would even go into theatre lobby and stare at the awesome concept art of that human building and listen to the music. Not to mention the home screen hnnnnng.

Bungie.net has also completely slapped Waypoint in design even back to the H2 days.

WELL DONE HALO COMMUNITY!

Rumble Rockets sure was a great choice for a weekend playlist!

I'm having so much fun SEARCHING without finding a game.

UNABLE TO MATCH

There may not be enough players to support a game in this playlist.

Please try a different playlist.

I'm glad 343 decides to listen to a bunch of casual gamers that probably don't even play playlists outside of Warzone and ruin giving us a decent playlist besides Team Arena and Slayer.

I can't even play this garbage to get a ranking. Awesome.