CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ok, we get it. 

Black Ops 3 still has more content than Halo 5. That's why I posted it.

Does it?

BO3 

-Campaign

-MP

-Weapon Customization

-Zombies

-Customs

-Theater

Halo 5

-Campaign

-MP 

-Spartan/Weapon Customization (If we're gonna be using that as a point)

-Customs

-Forge (#Soon, but meh. I was lenient with Zombies, I'll be lenient with Forge (Despite my want for a delay of the game in ensuring its arrival on time))

-Theater

I'd say, both games have the same amount of content, buuuuuut we're getting spoonfed H5's. Not trying to start a war, but Treyarch/Activision (I don't know who owns the Twitter) kinda tried to pull a 343i with that list. 

Edit: Whoo, negs again. Needless to say, I'll be specific in saying I shoved everything into the bare descriptions on both sides. I didn't go in depth. There's much more to Customs in H5, and MP in CoD, for example, than this list will let on, so at the core, I was just making a vague comparison/contrasting list between the two.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Does it?

BO3 

-Campaign

-MP

-Weapon Customization

-Zombies

-Customs

-Theater

Halo 5

-Campaign

-MP 

-Customs

-Forge (#Soon, but meh. I was lenient with Zombies, I'll be lenient with Forge (Despite my want for a delay of the game in ensuring its arrival on time))

-Theater

I'd say, both games have the same amount of content, buuuuuut we're getting spoonfed H5's. Not trying to start a war, but Treyarch/Activision (I don't know who owns the Twitter) kinda tried to pull a 343i with that list. 

Yes, it does.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It will only get worst without major changes at 343. It should be clear to everyone now...they don't fully understand how to properly create and manage a Halo game. They may be great at a different type of game or franchise, but not this one. 

They fooled me for the 3rd time. I'm done.

Does it?

BO3 

-Campaign

-MP

-Weapon Customization

-Zombies

-Customs

-Theater

Halo 5

-Campaign

-MP 

-Customs

-Theater

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If anything, we know people are finally speaking with their wallets. This could potentially be the point where ADHD thrust and sprint Halo goes away forever

Or maybe I'm just optimistic. I feel like these sales are really going to shape how they approach Halo 6. Quesgion is how.

I feel like it's possible but not probable.

I think that the only way to get people back on the Halo train is to go back to what made Halo, Halo. It needs to be different enough from all the other current shooters and right now it's closer to them than it's ever been. Removal of sprint wouldn't be an issue if people moved fast enough or even if the FoV was wider where people didn't feel stranded on huge maps with shitty lines of sight like we have now. Did anyone ever feel like they couldn't get across the map fast enough on Midship or Prisoner? Nope. There are plenty of things they could do to bring Halo more mass appeal again without catering to the CoD crowd, look at CS for example. Did they ever feel the need to include sprint or ADS? Nope, and look at that game's popularity. 

I can hope for a return to Halo's roots but I'm not betting on it unfortunately. 

Does it?

BO3 

-Campaign

-MP

-Weapon Customization

-Zombies

-Customs

-Theater

Halo 5

-Campaign

-MP 

-Customs

-Theater

It has SO much more content it isn't even funny. Stop trying to defend Halo 5 against that fact. Not only more, but it does them far better. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whoever is at fault there's no good games worth playing on Xbox anymore. Playstation has some fantastic story games at least. 

Both consoles this generation are shit in all honesty. PC is doing better than ever though so it's not all bad. 

I feel like it's possible but not probable.

I think that the only way to get people back on the Halo train is to go back to what made Halo, Halo. It needs to be different enough from all the other current shooters and right now it's closer to them than it's ever been. Removal of sprint wouldn't be an issue if people moved fast enough or even if the FoV was wider where people didn't feel stranded on huge maps with shitty lines of sight like we have now. Did anyone ever feel like they couldn't get across the map fast enough on Midship or Prisoner? Nope. There are plenty of things they could do to bring Halo more mass appeal again without catering to the CoD crowd, look at CS for example. Did they ever feel the need to include sprint or ADS? Nope, and look at that game's popularity. 

I can hope for a return to Halo's roots but I'm not betting on it unfortunately.

We'll see. Every company's language is money and 343 may actually try to pull themselves out of the shithole they dug themselves into.

I want to see management completey reworked as well. Old men and women in suits clearly don't understand what people loved of their games.

If anything, we know people are finally speaking with their wallets. This could potentially be the point where ADHD thrust and sprint Halo goes away forever

Or maybe I'm just optimistic. I feel like these sales are really going to shape how they approach Halo 6. Quesgion is how.

Needs moar COD stuffs

It has SO much more content it isn't even funny. Stop trying to defend Halo 5 against that fact. Not only more, but it does them far better. 

I'm not exactly defending, just putting everything into what it is at its base to put it into perspective. If I were to step further and look at the content's presentation and what's granted, then I'd probably end up reaching a different conclusion, but I'd also end up writing eight paragraphs on the subjective and objective differences between the titles. I don't really care to DO that either. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does it?

BO3 

-Campaign

-MP

-Weapon Customization

-Zombies

-Customs

-Theater

Halo 5

-Campaign

-MP 

-Customs

-Theater

You are joking, right? Comparing Halo 5's content and features to Blops 3....nope. 

This small feature makes black ops 3 amazing, it shows if people are in a party some thing so small is so good.

black_ops_3_beta_menus-600x338.jpg

We had this 8 years ago in Halo 3 where did the party bars go?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone please tell me how to get better at this game? Are the tutorials up? I can stomp in H3 and I'm not half bad at H2A but for some reason this game just stumps me.

Can someone please tell me how to get better at this game? Are the tutorials up? I can stomp in H3 and I'm not half bad at H2A but for some reason this game just stumps me.

The aiming is partly to blame, other than the automatics being OP.

You are joking, right? Comparing Halo 5's content and features to Blops 3....nope. 

I wasn't joking; again, just listing things at their base, over presentation for a little perspective. I made a small post on that, shortly before you posted yours.

Why? The Jetpack was one of the worst things to happen to Halo, barring sprint. >_<

Everytime I see your name I always think of this.

• Upvote (+1) 2