CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I follow these guys of youtube and thought this was pretty awesome and a funny video. Figured why not share it here.

And this video shows a technique that some players might find useful at some point if they get good at it, sort of like super jumps.

I know ryanoob had used some trick jumps in H2A (shrine for instance). I find little glitches/tricks like this enjoyable and think sometimes it can add a layer of skill (ie, H2).

Surely more entertaining than reading the same points post after post around here, accomplishing nothing, and just drowning the community in negativity instead of fun and enjoyment, no??? Probably not, but whatever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another problem is that the company doesn't want to cater to casuals and competitive players at the same time. Warzone's fun and all. But it gets old quick. And BTB shouldn't be ranked EVER.

Yeah I get what you are saying, there are a lot of instances that indicate what you are saying (no social, no forge or custom settings to make wacky gametypes like grifball or duck hunt possible, Forge in December doesn't count bc many people will have moved on at this point)

But looking at the "competitive" settings they kind of are trying to cater to everyone at the same time.

Powerful automatics, high bullet magnetism (Sniper OMG), MOTION TRACKER, Sprint etc...

Honestly I have no idea what they are doing, they are all over the place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hasn't there been like two? One that fixed the theater and campaign issues (which they tweeted the moment the update came out) and I forget what the other one did.

Most people there are just doing as their told - make the game the team leaders want. If you really want something to change, you should be looking to remove those in charge. 

Asking for the majority of employees to be gutted is just sad.

You dont think some employess lost their jobs after MCC?

or that it is a resonable argument to ask for a new dev for H6?

Feels kind of cheesy to post this but just for the record I don't really hate the game, just want it to succeed and be better than it is right now.

There are just

1) So many obvious things driving away players that should be addressed but aren't (Party restrictions, FFA chaos)

2) So baffling design decisions that hurt the game right at launch (No Splitscreen, No Forge)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to go off topic. Halo: Spartan Assault, and Halo: Spartan Strike are on sale for 10 cents. There are more games, music, movies and apps that have the same deal.

*Totally not selling out*

You dont think some employess lost their jobs after MCC?

or that it is a resonable argument to ask for a new dev for H6?

Dan Ayoub was fully in charge of that project and he's still working there. If he didn't get released, I highly doubt anyone did.

Point is - asking for an entire company to be gutted because management is doing a bad job is just a shitty thing to say.

Dan Ayoub was fully in charge of that project and he's still working there. If he didn't get released, I highly doubt anyone did.

Point is - asking for an entire company to be gutted because management is doing a bad job is just a shitty thing to say.

I agree, it's the manager or leaders of the project needs to be let go. All of the lower levels just do what they are told to do.

I cant believe how easy the sniper is to use.  It gave me a headshot when I clearly hit the guy in his chest.  I really hope they do something about it.  Why this company thinks the sniper needs to be an easy weapon is beyond me.

Interesting we pick this week (day after thanksgiving of all times) to discuss people who "deserve" getting fired. How depressing.

Yeah I know it's business, and I was upset about the MCC situation. That part isn't something I can deny through personal feelings either.

Not just management though. The quality isn't there. The graphics suck, the maps suck, the vehicles suck, Spartan laser sucks, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6. Halo: 5 - Easily their best product to date but still littered with baffling playlist and ranking decisions that limit the online experience to half hearted Warzone smurfing or super sweaty try hard arena grinding. Impossible to play with your friends unless your friends are all your skill level and take Halo seriously - even then you'll match solo players or struggle to find a game. 

The only reason every game is super sweaty is because the game is super easy to be good at. Literally anyone can easily get kills with the overpowered autos and easy to use sniper. Not much skill gap involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting we pick this week (day after thanksgiving too) to discuss people who deserve getting fired. How depressing.

The business world is a cold and harsh place, always has been and always will be. There is a reason the majority of CEOs share psychopathic tendencies. 

Ehhhhh, I don't see why this is a thing. I feel like quite a bit of this was done much like 343i's Custom Games menu for H5, where Slayer gametypes pad out the list's numbers.

Gunsmith and the Paintshop may as well be merged in the same menu, since one's for making paintjobs, the other just puts them on. "Nightmares" is just Campaign Zombies. Arena is a GAMETYPE in MP, literally remade League Play. I personally don't see why they're listing a time trial mode on there, as well. 

I'd be listing it in a fashion like:

-Campaign/Nightmares (Co-op)

-MP/Free Run (I mean, a Time Trial mode really doesn't need an extra bullet point)

-Zombies/Dead Ops 2 (I'm still eh on making Zombies it's own thing. One could easily just replace zombies with human AI and have wave defense Combat Training, but I'll be lenient, and at least DO2 is different)

-Gunsmith/Paintshop (Why try to list two features, when they're just one, that could be put into the same menu.)

-Custom Games (I think they're still in, at least)

-Theater (Spectator mode would PROBABLY be a subsection of MP. I dunno where to place it.)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ehhhhh, I don't see why this is a thing. I feel like quite a bit of this was done much like 343i's Custom Games menu for H5, where Slayer gametypes pad out the list's numbers.

Gunsmith and the Paintshop may as well be merged in the same menu, since one's for making paintjobs, the other just puts them on. "Nightmares" is just Campaign Zombies. Arena is a GAMETYPE in MP, literally remade League Play. I personally don't see why they're listing a time trial mode on there, as well. 

-MP/Free Run (I mean, a Time Trial mode really doesn't need an extra bullet point)

-Zombies/Dead Ops 2 (I'm still eh on making Zombies it's own thing. One could easily just replace zombies with human AI and have wave defense Combat Training, but I'll be lenient, and at least DO2 is different)

-Gunsmith/Paintshop (Why try to list two features, when they're just one, that could be put into the same menu.)

-Theater (Spectator mode would PROBABLY be a subsection of MP. I dunno where to place it.)

Ok, we get it. 

Black Ops 3 still has more content than Halo 5. That's why I posted it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If anything, we know people are finally speaking with their wallets. This could potentially be the point where ADHD thrust and sprint Halo goes away forever

Or maybe I'm just optimistic. I feel like these sales are really going to shape how they approach Halo 6. Quesgion is how.

Well it still has way more features and replay ability than Halo 5 by far. 

Halo 5: 

Arena

Warzone

Campaign

Custom Games (But why even bother right now without forge and lack of game modes) 

• Upvote (+1) 2

A simple way to solve the issue?  Let 343 keep all their employees, hire as many additional ones as they desire - but let Microsoft give Halo to a new developer for H6.

343 problem solved and maybe we can get a game that 150-200,00 people want to play more than just a couple weeks post launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 5