CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I can't speak from a persona level with this game as I opted for Blops3 over H5 this time. With that said I'm not surprised you guys aren't seeing more info on patches and work incoming after the terrible communication they gave us with MCC.

On the other hand I constantly get hotfix updates with Blops3, even if it is something little. It's nice to know they are there watching the game and continuing their efforts to make it fun.

There have been a few hotfix patches, but we have to ask what they are because they forget to tell us before hand.

If I was ms, man id gut 343, most of those guys just have to go, they simply don't cut it, put in new guys from different companies, maybe keep some of the old team around, but really the majority of 343 just has to go.

• Upvote (+1) 9

There have been a few hotfix patches, but we have to ask what they are because they forget to tell us before hand.

Hasn't there been like two? One that fixed the theater and campaign issues (which they tweeted the moment the update came out) and I forget what the other one did.

If I was ms, man id gut 343, most of those guys just have to go, they simply don't cut it, put in new guys from different companies, maybe keep some of the old team around, but really the majority of 343 just has to go.
Most people there are just doing as their told - make the game the team leaders want. If you really want something to change, you should be looking to remove those in charge. 

Asking for the majority of employees to be gutted is just sad.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Whoever is calling the shots is the real enemy.

What 343's grunts were asked to do was next to impossible, on top of shitty design choices. All of these features of the game are half-finished, delayed, or missing, because there was too much shit to do. They need new management.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Whoever is calling the shots is the real enemy.

What 343's grunts were asked to do was next to impossible, on top of shitty design choices. All of these features of the game are half-finished, delayed, or missing, because there was too much shit to do. They need new management.

Bonnie Ross then? Kiki wolfkill(pretty sure I spelled that wrong)? Frankie? Josh is pretty high up but I think he's pretty good.

Of course they did, but at least they finished their games and didn't disguise unfinished games as "free updates"

Lol, destiny.

Of course they did, but at least they finished their games and didn't disguise unfinished games as "free updates"

The irony in this post is that Destiny is perhaps the biggest offender of this in the past few years, if not longer.

So, yeah...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, destiny.

when they had halo they weren't nearly as bad as they are now though, I mean terms of design, they were as bad if not worse than 343, but I said this before, I don't think they ever took us for idiots back then.

when they had halo they weren't nearly as bad as they are now though, I mean terms of design, they were as bad if not worse than 343, but I said this before, I don't think they ever took us for idiots back then.

Bungie was arguably worse at community communication, especially with the competitive community. We were practically a joke to them.

I get that the 343 and Halo 5 distaste is realistic and plausible, but don't let it distort the past.

It was bad back then. They always thought they knew what was best and didn't really care what we had to say AT ALL.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bungie was arguably worse at community communication, especially with the competitive community. We were practically a joke to them.

I get that the 343 and Halo 5 distaste is realistic and plausible, but don't let it distort the past.

It was bad back then. They always thought they knew what was best and didn't really care what we had to say AT ALL.

I get that, but how many times did they outright lie to the community, release broken games that were never fixed, or released unfinished games in order to update later and keep players around? When they had halo how often did any of that happen?

I get that, but how many times did they outright lie to the community, release broken games that were never fixed, or released unfinished games in order to update later and keep players around? When they had halo how often did any of that happen?

Whether they committed the exact same offenses isn't the point, the point is that by all consideration the franchise would not magically be better if it was still in their hands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have they mentioned if any new game modes will be in the December update? If I don't get to play Oddball or KoTH soon I'll probably be done with this game sooner rather than later unfortunately. 

@@Sal1ent

@@Bravo

How about adding party restrictions so teams of 4 can't match randoms?

Your game is dying and this was a major complaint in H4, yet it's a problem in H5 again... "sigh"

Another problem is that the company doesn't want to cater to casuals and competitive players at the same time. Warzone's fun and all. But it gets old quick. And BTB shouldn't be ranked EVER.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Whether they committed the exact same offenses isn't the point, the point is that by all consideration the franchise would not magically be better if it was still in their hands.

Aside from poor mechanics choices, you get a much more polished product. They were constantly adding/innovating onto their games, and they were actually capable of delivering a game from start to finish. Three games in and 343 still cant release a full game on time, despite having a working beta 10 months before launch.

Does CoD AW have a in game population counter? if so does anyone here have it so they can check what it's at?. Seeing as Halo 5 is #11 and CoD AW is #12 it would give us a good estimate on what the population is like.

And yet, Bungies Halo games actually had a playlist with competitive settings, and didn't try forcing us to use radar and an automatic as a primary weapon.

I'd rather have Halo devs that treat us like a niche community and give us our niche settings than 343 acting like they catered to the competitive crowd by missing not a single chance telling us how "trust us, we have pro players that tested this", and making us play default settings for over a million dollars.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lol, destiny.

The irony in this post is that Destiny is perhaps the biggest offender of this in the past few years, if not longer.

So, yeah...

I couldn't care less what Bungie does with Destiny, but in terms of content, they did great with Halo and that's what we're talking about. But yeah, Bungie 100% changed after Halo 3. Employee changes or something, I don't know, but they way they treat their community now is like they're another developer.

Does CoD AW have a in game population counter? if so does anyone here have it so they can check what it's at?. Seeing as Halo 5 is #11 and CoD AW is #12 it would give us a good estimate on what the population is like.

The only Call of Duty on Xbox One with a population counter is Ghosts.

Star wars battle front 66,747 right now, we are 6 spots away from them. So you can imagine what the population for h5 is, we aren't doing so hot.

http://swbstats.com/ If you wan't to keep an eye on the population use this site and you can basically figure out what the Halo 5 population is like.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aside from poor mechanics choices, you get a much more polished product. They were constantly adding/innovating onto their games, and they were actually capable of delivering a game from start to finish. Three games in and 343 still cant release a full game on time, despite having a working beta 10 months before launch.

Their latest effort had almost no content.

So yes, they finished something minuscule, if that's supposed to count for anything.