CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

WTF are you talking about? Eden Strongholds is so good because of that. You used to even have CE in your gamertag, do you hate that H1 has 2 Powerups on majority of the maps as well?

Don't compare Halo CE to this pile of shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just played a game of Slayer on The Rig that made me want to fucking break this game. Their entire team was camping corners with autos, made me miss Halo 4 for fucks sake. 

Is CE Laquatus on these forums? He was one of them. Squeaks too, those names seem familiar. 

PICK UP THE PLASMA CASTER.

Makes that shitty map so much more bearable; I've only started using it recently.

You WILL kill dudes around corners if you know how to use it properly. Fire in two shot bursts, hope for the best.

Can we stop romanticizing Bungie? They made a lot of shitty decisions very much in line with what's going on today.

For gameplay, sure. For features/content they were great though. Which is why H3/HR lasted so long, even with questionable gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nope.
Just go to reddit, GAF, waypoint, slaent and other forums and you will see that in general, the gameplay is well praised. The vast majority of complaints are about the lack of content especially for the casual audience and the lack of features like forge, split screen and game modes. Those are by far the biggest problems with the game right now.
In fact, even here in TB there are many people who praises the gameplay while recognizing the game's flaws.

That's because the people who don't like the gameplay have simply moved on to different games. They can add forge, split screen, and a million different game modes, but that won't save this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The excuse they they will suddenly sell less REQ packs because these weapons can be used in customs is absurd. People are still going to buy packs to get these weapons for Warzone.

Just want you to set your expectations. Unless they're planning on making the SPNKR the default rocket, it doesn't have any place in an Arena map.

It makes them seem less "mythical" and "rare", I'm sure it would have some effect on REQ sales.

I just don't get 343. Do you not see the population dwindling?

Throw the damn kitchen sink at the game. Right now.

Reveal plans for REAL DLC maps. Add permanent social slayer, doubles, social multi team, team snipers, etc

• Upvote (+1) 4

LoL ranking system is more of a grind compared to Halo's. The ranks are literally given to you in Halo.

oh for sure, I agree that getting INTO champion off placement matches is insane

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it really disappointing that 343 is taking forever to make meaningful improvements to this game.

Here are some of the things that need to happen:

1. Loosen the matchmaking skill parameters so higher ranked players can match against more people.
2. Gameplay adjustments: Bullet sniper magnetism needs a nerf ASAP, the AR could use a slight nerf, thrust should delay shield recharge
3. Make a Social 4v4 playlist that has obj and Slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Darn it down to #11, sustain plan better be damn good. But then again this damn voting for weekend playlists stuff is part of the sustain plan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it really disappointing that 343 is taking forever to make meaningful improvements to this game.

Here are some of the things that need to happen:

1. Loosen the matchmaking skill parameters so higher ranked players can match against more people.

2. Gameplay adjustments: Bullet sniper magnetism needs a nerf ASAP, the AR could use a slight nerf, thrust should delay shield recharge

3. Make a Social 4v4 playlist that has obj and Slayer.

took em 6 months to put out the turbo update.

Can we stop romanticizing Bungie? They made a lot of shitty decisions very much in line with what's going on today.

Armor abilities and bloom were bad decisions, but other than that, what else? The quality was always there. The graphics, the physics, the weapons, the vehicles, the UI, the balancing, the subtle details, and all the other little things they did that added up to great Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Darn it down to #11, sustain plan better be damn good. But then again this damn voting for weekend playlists stuff is part of the sustain plan.

peaks at later times, I'm betting 7th or 8th later today.

I just don't get 343. Do you not see the population dwindling?

Throw the damn kitchen sink at the game. Right now.

Reveal plans for REAL DLC maps. Add permanent social slayer, doubles, social multi team, team snipers, etc

How low is the population? A few days ago Frankie said the population was very strong.

But yeah, they better hurry up with the DLCs

Yea but the SPNKr is the SPNKr. Not that shitty green tube.

Besides, there's no reason to not have it in game. So even if it just a different cosmetic rocket in forge, it should at least be an option to have.

It won't be a simple cosmetic change, otherwise it wouldn't be a Warzone weapon.

It makes them seem less "mythical" and "rare", I'm sure it would have some effect on REQ sales.

It would be pretty minor. The fact you need to spend well over a thousand dollars to even get close to stuff like the Prophet's Bane or Nornfang, it won't be a huge issue.

How low is the population? A few days ago Frankie said the population was very strong.

But yeah, they better hurry up with the DLCs

2 weeks ago it would shuffle between #3-7. Now its between #7-11. Its bad. Its h4 all over again.

We hate to say we told you so 343...

• Upvote (+1) 1

for reference, look up battlefront stats. It's really not strong, it's getting less than 50k at peak times, it's only been a few weeks after launch.

Of course he's going to say that. Did you really expect him to say "the population is really weak and Halo is dead"?

I had to check for myself and it's not in the top 10...just wow. Maybe it's not even #11.

It is at #11, there's like a glitch or what ever in the store if you hold down on the D-pad when its loading up the games you will get a top 12 list. There is also a see all option but it's still only top 10 there, so i'm guessing the dashboard update didn't work as intended.

Of course they did, but at least they finished their games and didn't disguise unfinished games as "free updates"

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Of course he's going to say that. Did you really expect him to say "the population is really weak and Halo is dead"?

No one asked him about the population of the game.
He said they were doing some tweaks to matchmaking to better accommodate the peaks of the population which has been very strong. But, whatever. If the game is not in the top 10, the population is probably not "very strong" 

I can't speak from a persona level with this game as I opted for Blops3 over H5 this time. With that said I'm not surprised you guys aren't seeing more info on patches and work incoming after the terrible communication they gave us with MCC.

On the other hand I constantly get hotfix updates with Blops3, even if it is something little. It's nice to know they are there watching the game and continuing their efforts to make it fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are all welcome back on MCC  :ghost:

If we could get the dedicated servers and quick search times from H5 to MCC, I would play MCC non-stop.

• Upvote (+1) 1