CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Getting champion right off the bat after your first 10 games is not a good move one bit, don't see how people can even defend this, how have you proven in 10 games that you are worthy of the highest/hardest rank in the game. Diamond should have been the highest you could get, then you work your way to and through Onyx/Champion.

The only time that ever happens is when a playlist has JUST released and that's because the top 200 players are just the highest ranked Onyx players. It is impossible to place directly into Champion in any existing playlist right now because the Champion players are all past Onyx 1500.

I agree players placing into Onyx after ten games shouldn't be happening though, not as often as it is right now.

The only time that ever happens is when a playlist has JUST released and that's because the top 200 players are just the highest ranked Onyx players. It is impossible to place directly into Champion in any existing playlist right now because the Champion players are all past Onyx 1500.

I agree players placing into Onyx after ten games shouldn't be happening though, not as often as it is right now.

Then no one plays Breakout. I did my Breakout placement matches like 2 days after release and got placed in Champion

Honestly, at this point, I think 343 hasn't any options to regain the population. I think that the population failure beginning with H4 was so dramatic and each title they release has been following that trend, for whatever reason. I think Halo the box will sell in the stores, but I don't believe we will ever see a sustained population like H3 and Reach ever again.

@@Sal1ent, prove me wrong. Bring back the pop counters.

I dont think were ever going to get back to h3 popularity. But staying in the xbl top 5 can be a reality. On xbox halo is usually the 2nd best selling game. There is no reason for it to be out of the xbl top 10 most played games. It just needs good MP.

Pretty surprised to see the decline in population on one hand and yet I'm not surprised at all when I realize I've been more interested in a number of games over the past two weeks even though I'm probably one of the biggest fan's of the franchise that 343 could hope for. Its just too shallow I guess

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then no one plays Breakout. I did my Breakout placement matches like 2 days after release and got placed in Champion

2 days after release...

If the game's population is falling (is it?), I believe it has little or nothing to do with the gameplay. Yes, the game is not perfect and has flaws (all Halo games had flaws at launch) especially in the competitive side (radar and OP autos for example) but in general, the gameplay is solid and from what I can see out there, people like it. The problem is the lack of options for the casual player and lack of content. I sincerely hope the December update introduces, besides forge, social playlists and new modes.

If the game's population is falling (is it?), I believe it has little or nothing to do with the gameplay. Yes, the game is not perfect and has flaws (all Halo games had flaws at launch) especially in the competitive side (radar and OP autos for example) but in general, the gameplay is solid and from what I can see out there, people like it. The problem is the lack of options for the casual player and lack of content. I sincerely hope the December update introduces, besides forge, social playlists and new modes.

Have they talked about file share at all yet?

Anyone here going to try and replicate Halo 1 as close as possible in forge when it releases? Maps, gameplay, etc?

And is forging spawns similar to Halo 1 even possible?

With scripting surr. And since the SPNKr is on a forge map, we may yet get a CE pistol in H5. I will definitely try when forge comes out.

Oh it has plenty to do with the gameplay. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

With scripting surr. And since the SPNKr is on a forge map, we may yet get a CE pistol in H5. I will definitely try when forge comes out.

It could just be they were demoing it on the Forge map. We had the Bane on Truth in the beta.

It could just be they were demoing it on the Forge map. We had the Bane on Truth in the beta.

True.

Then again these forge items are on MP maps that belong to very new builds of the game. I think the tech is there but would they want to pass up on that REQ money?

True.

Then again these forge items are on MP maps that belong to very new builds of the game. I think the tech is there but would they want to pass up on that REQ money?

The excuse they they will suddenly sell less REQ packs because these weapons can be used in customs is absurd. People are still going to buy packs to get these weapons for Warzone. 

Don't kill the dream

Just want you to set your expectations. Unless they're planning on making the SPNKR the default rocket, it doesn't have any place in an Arena map.

If we can only have the M6D as a pickup, and not as a spawn weapon, it might as well not even be there in the first place.

Oh it has plenty to do with the gameplay. 

Nope.
Just go to reddit, GAF, waypoint, slaent and other forums and you will see that in general, the gameplay is well praised. The vast majority of complaints are about the lack of content especially for the casual audience and the lack of features like forge, split screen and game modes. Those are by far the biggest problems with the game right now.
In fact, even here in TB there are many people who praises the gameplay while recognizing the game's flaws.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The excuse they they will suddenly sell less REQ packs because these weapons can be used in customs is absurd. People are still going to buy packs to get these weapons for Warzone. 

Just want you to set your expectations. Unless they're planning on making the SPNKR the default rocket, it doesn't have any place in an Arena map.

But it DOES have a place in forge, where your game is completely removed from arena. Unless they want that REQ money yo

• Upvote (+1) 1

But it DOES have a place in forge, where your game is completely removed from arena. Unless they want that REQ money yo

As in it doesn't have any place on an Arena map [in matchmaking] when the Rocket Launcher serves the exact same purpose.

Why in the world does Eden have Camo, and Oversheild? That is too many power ups.

WTF are you talking about? Eden Strongholds is so good because of that. You used to even have CE in your gamertag, do you hate that H1 has 2 Powerups on majority of the maps as well?

Why in the world does Eden have Camo, and Oversheild? That is too many power ups.

H1 says hello.

I still think Eden is the best on-disk map. Coliseum would be if it weren't for the shit spawns.

As in it doesn't have any place on an Arena map when the Rocket Launcher serves the exact same purpose.

Yea but the SPNKr is the SPNKr. Not that shitty green tube.

Besides, there's no reason to not have it in game. So even if it just a different cosmetic rocket in forge, it should at least be an option to have.

I dont think were ever going to get back to h3 popularity. But staying in the xbl top 5 can be a reality. On xbox halo is usually the 2nd best selling game. There is no reason for it to be out of the xbl top 10 most played games. It just needs good MP.

Unpopular opinion here, but I think the only way that can happen is if this franchise goes to the people who originally made it. Obviously Bungie is on contract a 10 year contract with Activision for Destiny, so that's not an option. But if I were Phil Spencer, I'd be on the phone trying to hire as many people as possible who worked on Halo CE - Halo Reach(minus the armor ability devs lol). I would instruct them to develop a true follow up to Halo 3 using the original formula and not adding any gimmicks that could be viewed as game breaking.