CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

In all honesty, Halo 4 was the big "last chance", not H5.

There was so much hype around MCC though, It could have easily turned things around had it even worked a little bit.

I'm not surprised H5 is not high on the most played list, console gamers now are just way too casual and H5 with the exception of warzone is not much of an experience for casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The games lack of major success isn't due to "not having a casual experience", its due to 343 falling short on every front.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The games lack of major success isn't due to "not having a casual experience", its due to 343 falling short on every front.

Its taken itself too serious. Halo is a game that is played in multiple ways via multiple experiences. The 4 v 4 aspect seems to be streamlined into one experience, trying to enforce "This is how you play Halo 4 v 4", and if anything is trying to be too "esports" in having one ruleset like a moba (something I see people here wanting).

• Downvote (-1) 1

b4a4b96f47b772f68f26295a67b3eb50.png

Where's the social?

Where's the bonus REQ points?

@@Sal1ent

Strong corellation between your avi and my face when I saw which "social" weekend playlist is up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Major contribution to that lack of success is the lack of social or fun playlists and lack of a casual experience, which is pretty clear IMO. 

If you reworded the statement to "isn't just due to "not having a casual experience", its due to 343 falling short on every front as well" I could maybe support it but a lot of the games that have better rankings in the most played list on Xbox have basically only got the casual experience right and are among the most played despite a complete lack of content at launch and terrible support for any sort of competitive experience. (Destiny and Battlefront)

Sure buddy. Cod being the most popular, not only game, but media/entertainment for 3 titles straight had nothing to do with it. :huh:

The rise of COD would explain why halo was not in first. It doesn't explain why its in tenth behind several other fps franchises.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The games population is now dropping at an alarming rate.

Lack of social playlists, features, a solo playlist, matchmaking issues (search parameters too tight?) and all the other commonly reported gameplay complaints are doing wonders on the population.

343 has maybe another 2 weeks or so before I call t quits as well. What a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lack of social playlists, features, a solo playlist, matchmaking issues (search parameters too tight?) and all the other commonly reported gameplay complaints are doing wonders on the population.

343 has maybe another 2 weeks or so before I call t quits as well. What a shame.

Its been a month and they haven't even talked about any of these issues let alone fixed them.

Its been a month and they haven't even talked about any of these issues let alone fixed them.

Yeah, it's alarming and concerning at this point.

Just signed in on a side account to Halowaypoint, and I've never used their forums on that account. Banned for posting in another section till 2552...

Just signed in on a side account to Halowaypoint, and I've never used their forums on that account. Banned for posting in another section till 2552...

But you've used the forums on another account, presumably it got banned and you effectively bypassed it so they banned your alt?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm starting to see my biggest flaw playing this game going game to game. And I think @@Cursed Lemon said it best a few pages back. But I cannot use my "Natural Halo Intelligence" when I'm playing this game. You have to play like a downright asshole all the time and you will play like a superstar every game. Like I'm so used to outsmarting people, knowing where they're going to go, cutting them off via shortcuts, etc... But there is so much extra shit I have to worry about it completely screws me practically every game. If I go to cut someone off where I know they're going to be I have to watch out for direct impact super splinter grenades. If I decide to cut someone off moving across top that's eventually going to drop down for a weapon/powerup, I get ground pounded. Several guys weak around the corner? Haha good luck getting the clean-up kills after one decides to spartan charge stun and shoot you in the face in a second.

So many unnecessary changes in my opinion but whatever. Gotta play what we have to because 343 won't listen to us regardless. When I turn my Halo brain off, I do a lot better pretty much every game. And I in no way shape or form mean to demean the game, but this game just takes any entirely different skill-set than any other Halo besides awareness and map control. That's it. 

As far as the splinter grenades go, why can't we just pull an Assault Rifle out or something and just shoot them? Why am I completely unable to move in that direction for like 8 seconds without having to succumb to a shit ton of damage or death if I desperately need to move in said direction.

For me, this turned into a necessity because I simply cannot outshoot people in this game due to the aiming being so wonky. I had to mitigate it in some way, and that some way was finding a way to get around to the side of/behind them. As it turns out, running in circles around the map and sprinting away from every disadvantage (HEY YEAH YOU CAN STILL DO THAT IN THIS GAME, ASSHOLES) was the best way.

Except on Rig. Fuck that map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I agree with this. This ranking system is just dumb to me because you can be put in the highest rank (champion) by playing ten games... lol it should not work like this. But the #1 reason i prefer 1-50 is because some of us don't have the time to play halo 24/7,  so whenever i grind to champion (1-25) and i get off, then the next day i hop on and I'm back in onyx and that is so stupid to me. Makes me not even wanna try for champion because i can't play 24/7 like some of these people. This ranking system is just who can grab a t04 and stomp people the longest. Pointless

this is how the SC2 and LoL systems work ... the very top of GM in SC2 is just people who grind all the time.  the key is to not care about the icon next to your name, I think

this is how the SC2 and LoL systems work ... the very top of GM in SC2 is just people who grind all the time.  the key is to not care about the icon next to your name, I think

LoL ranking system is more of a grind compared to Halo's. The ranks are literally given to you in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

whats working for me right now is just playing the game like a couple hours a week.   having like one to two nights of "halo night"           this game just doesn't give me that feeling of playing it for long hours.  

Ranking system should just be H2's 1-50 with placement matches that can get you up to level 40. Then you could still have Champion 50's or whatever you want to call them.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's not me, I would never have a negative KDA.

Enlighten me how to earn a 50 in 10 games. Also Why do you think I'm referring to H3's shitty 1-50? H2's 1-50 had no exploits like H3's. It was purely based on wins, and no playing with low levels as a high level barely gave you exp towards your next rank -- you simply could not cheat it.

Lol do you lose your memory every week or something? Cause we've had this exact convo before...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Getting champion right off the bat after your first 10 games is not a good move one bit, don't see how people can even defend this, how have you proven in 10 games that you are worthy of the highest/hardest rank in the game. Diamond should have been the highest you could get, then you work your way to and through Onyx/Champion.