CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How the fuck are people getting noble or anubis and I have fucking pioneer

Why cant we just unlock shit through achievements

How is it that I'm already paring down Uncommons but hardly ever getting Commons? I've got like nine generic sets and have yet to get NOBLE. 

How is it that I'm already paring down Uncommons but hardly ever getting Commons? I've got like nine generic sets and have yet to get NOBLE. 

I have three sets of the damn armor if you want them. 

This req system eats shit. I like it when I could deprnd on getting armor I wanted. Now I have to to roll a die everytime and hope I don't get another skin for Legionnaire.

I never argued it was a good decision or not. All I said was SS was not cut because prettier graphics. It was cut for 60 fps at 1080p.

All everyone takes about 5 years ago was reach's shitty numbers and halo was dead. Now it did fine?

I think I understood that. I was saying that the graphics are not that good, so why would they put so much effort into making the greatest cinematic experience, which includes the 60/1080? Sorry if I didn't make that clearer before.

I would agree 60fps is great for game play, and it is very important for cinematic experience, but the 1080 was not necessary for game play.

Well, perhaps SS wasn't tied to 1080 so much as it was 60fps.

I just about accidentally booted @@Moa for betraying me, because I thought my controller DC'ed. GG me. 

I would have done it on purpose

Not even top 10? Git gud kid

That's not me, I would never have a negative KDA. 

Both systems have their flaws. 1-50 is outdated and was easily abused.

Enlighten me how to earn a 50 in 10 games. Also Why do you think I'm referring to H3's shitty 1-50? H2's 1-50 had no exploits like H3's. It was purely based on wins, and no playing with low levels as a high level barely gave you exp towards your next rank -- you simply could not cheat it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It was mainly for 60fps. Halo 5 doesn't run at native 1080p, it makes use of dynamic resolution scaling (maybe scaling is the wrong word?) which changes the resolution so it can maintain 60fps.

For whatever reason, Halo's engine relies on 60fps for stuff like multi-kill medal timers and stuff like that - it's weird.

I can't tell you how the Halo 5 engine works, but based upon what you said here it is almost certain to be based upon a typical game loop. The unity engine has a loop that does the following (very simplified):

StartOfLoop:

-- UpdatePhysics
-- UpdatePhysics
-- UpdatePhysics
-- Update Everything else
-- Render screen
-- Go back to start of loop and repeat indefinitely

This is based on a single thread of execution. The engine allows the programmer to update the physics on a periodic basis using a high resolution timer that is very precise so that the physics runs smoothly. Then just before the screen is rendered, a general purpose Update is called to let the programmer do everything else. The rendering, and thus the Update, is tied to the frame rate.

I still don't understand how the physics doesn't experience a pause or gap if any of the other calls (Update or Render) are too long.

H5's ranking system would be better if the max placement was diamond imo

Yeah, bad players can get put into champion just because they are the first to place in the playlist and will get destroyed the rest of the month in champion and then onyx level matches just because they got placed too quickly.

That's not me, I would never have a negative KDA. 

Enlighten me how to earn a 50 in 10 games. Also Why do you think I'm referring to H3's shitty 1-50? H2's 1-50 had no exploits like H3's. It was purely based on wins.

No.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

No.

Nice detailed explanation. H3's system was easy to exploit because of the overly complex algorithms -- one of those exploits being getting someone to derank and trick the system into thinking you were the best player in the universe achieving record 50's in 23 games. H2's system was solely based on wins and wins alone. Playing with lower levels as a high level earned you far less experience and if you lost you'd lose double what you would if you were to play with like levels. Enlighten me how you could exploit it.

I think thrust may be worse on this. The maps are already built around sprint so cant really get rid of it, but thrust can go and it will improve the game.

If this game was still yet to be developed, id rather have thrust over sprint so we'll probably get better maps.

yeah, i like thrust more than sprint, but what can you do

Platinum*

personally I think that's too low. People that are legit diamond and onyx players would have to stomp a bunch of kids until they hit their deserved rank.

personally I think that's too low. People that are legit diamond and onyx players would have to stomp a bunch of kids until they hit their deserved rank.

Yes, but people who are legit diamonds can get their diamonds with little effort after placement then. If we're going to base it off of divisions than we might as well take it from systems that actually work like LoL's. You can't place higher than platinum, thus we shouldn't in this system either.