CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

problem is, it's hard to say exactly what's causing it, is the kind of gameplay? The only bashing I see of gameplay comes from here, most people seem to like the way it plays. I think it has more to do with how little it has in it compared to other games it released with.

It really is a damn shame what's happening to this game, and once again it's 343s stubbornness that's ruining it.

The final judgment is the game's popularity, which seems to be on a quick fall into obscurity.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

problem is, it's hard to say exactly what's causing it, is the kind of gameplay? The only bashing I see of gameplay comes from here, most people seem to like the way it plays. I think it has more to do with how little it has in it compared to other games it released with.

It really is a damn shame what's happening to this game, and once again it's 343s stubbornness that's ruining it.

Id would alao say its mostly due to lack of content.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The final judgment is the game's popularity, which seems to be on a quick fall into obscurity.

Not exactly. Even after all these games come out, Halo 5 still climbs up the "Most Played" list. People DO come back to the game, which is more than one could say about Halo 4, where, once it began going down, it stayed down. This game fluctuates, in that sense.

we have to hold auditions.

Guess they'll be soon?

Where did I say that? halo lost a lot of its popularity close to 5 years ago. Obviously it wasn't going to stay 1 or 2. Obviously COD is going to be ahead of Halo. Halo has not been popular for quite awhile now. How do you not know this?

And yet it sells very well. Stop being an apologist. Halo is still a huge ip. People just haven't latched on to the MP for awhile now.

Not exactly. Even after all these games come out, Halo 5 still climbs up the "Most Played" list. People DO come back to the game, which is more than one could say about Halo 4, where, once it began going down, it stayed down. This game fluctuates, in that sense.

Guess they'll be soon?

oh yeah.

I think if people liked the way it plays that more people would be playing it. For me, I don't like the way it plays, so I've gone back to Reach. How many others out there feel similar about H5 and have moved on to different games?

Overpowered autos, Spartan charge, splinter grenades, jump-melee delay, weird aiming, poor quality vehicles & Spartan laser, horrible BTB spawns, and easy-to-use sniper are all reasons why I've stopped playing. Just too much bullshit to deal with.

Guess they'll be soon?

You realize the H4 population was higher a month in than H5 is right??
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Guess they'll be soon?

Any "flagship" title that struggles to stay in the most played list is not one that's trending well. Especially when considering that we're talking about a title struggling to stay in the top 10 in the console that typically pulls significantly less players than the PS4 per game.

Any "flagship" title that struggles to stay in the most played list is not one that's trending well. Especially when considering that we're talking about a title struggling to stay in the top 10 in the console that typically pulls significantly less players than the PS4 per game.

My point wasn't that it was trending well. :P My point was, it's not exactly fading, or falling into obscurity.

You realize the H4 population was higher a month in than H5 is right??

h5 was already lower because of the lower install base, the game wasn't going to break any records, no matter how good it could've been, the fact that it managed to get a little over ten percent of Xbox owners at launch(day one sales point to 1.8 units including digital, which ms said accounted for half total sales, total physical was like 940,000) is impressive considering reach and 4 couldn't manage that.

they took away btb Classic, 4v4 classic is still in reach.

You're referring to anniversary. "Classic" was a 4v4 playlist with no AA's on all forged remakes, and it was fun as hell. Anniversary is fun as hell too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally opened all of my req packs, hadn't even looked at them until now.

We need a sell all feature.

I've got 200,000 plus req points, wut do with them?

SWAT - 10 games - 9 wins - 1 loss (went +1 that loss, against onyx 1600-1700's)

8.3 KDA, 157 kills, 78 deaths, 14 assists. 

Did better than the onyx ~1650 teamates I played all 10 games with a majority of the time (<5 games). Every game we played at minimum 1 onyx player (usually 2+), 6 of the 10 games were steaktaculars.

Ranked PLATINUM, i used to defend the ranking system. 343 your system is FUCKED. Now I have onyx, onyx, diamond 3 (btb), onyx, onyx and platinum, disgusting I literally feel dirty.

Finally opened all of my req packs, hadn't even looked at them until now.

We need a sell all feature.

I've got 200,000 plus req points, wut do with them?

buy a bunch of silver packs since you're more likely to get armor and cosmetics.

83f78eacde7bbe271420fca9217f3a02.png

The lore in their GTs

Ha, I saw a GT that was Raid on Apex 7 in the first week. Changing your GT to a map name is just weird to me, especially for a decent Warzone map.

My point wasn't that it was trending well. :P My point was, it's not exactly fading, or falling into obscurity.

Spend some time outside of this community? Halo's state with the average video game player is the definition of obscurity. Though I thank 343 for teaching us that pumping cash into a tournament will not revive a game that hasn't done anything notable in nearly a decade.

• Upvote (+1) 2

buy a bunch of silver packs since you're more likely to get armor and cosmetics.

I have zero things cosmetically wise.

Wouldn't gold be the better pack? (I know nothing about these packs)

And yet it sells very well. Stop being an apologist. Halo is still a huge ip. People just haven't latched on to the MP for awhile now.

Yet H4 sold well. Who the hell am I apologizing for? I am not happy with h5 MP. I don't really like 343 that much. I don't care about the 343 bashing. I'm just sick of people making up random shit. Ignoring that halo's population drastically declined while bungie was still at the headhead and that it is all 343's fault is bullshit.

Ha, I saw a GT that was Raid on Apex 7 in the first week. Changing your GT to a map name is just weird to me, especially for a decent Warzone map.

Tagging @@Cooper because I think that's him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have zero things cosmetically wise.

Wouldn't gold be the better pack? (I know nothing about these packs)

no you usually get rare weapons in gold, silver is the way to go if you want armor/emblems.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

83f78eacde7bbe271420fca9217f3a02.png

The lore in their GTs

Does @@Batchford still rage? We played one game of CTF on H2 Warlord, and it was fun to listen to his angry accent as our team got turned on, score wise.

Spend some time outside of this community? Halo's state with the average video game player is the definition of obscurity. Though I thank 343 for teaching us that pumping cash into a tournament will not revive a game that hasn't done anything notable in nearly a decade.

Your definition of "average video game player" must differ from where you and I come from.