CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It was partial "sarcasm". I know you did, which is why I find claims that this slow-down glitch is anything like the MCC, let alone "worse". I mean, I still wanna see this in action sometime, because it sounds hilarious, but on MCC levels? C'mon. Unless, however, I misinterpreted what one meant by that. If I did, please do elaborate.

I took a couple "Record thats" of what happened. It was bad enough that the game was a stalemate until enough people quit on the defending team that we could capture the territories and kill the core that took three minutes of uncontested time apiece to complete.

Keep in mind that about 30 people quit the game and another 20 or so joined.

I took a couple "Record thats" of what happened. It was bad enough that the game was a stalemate until enough people quit on the defending team that we could capture the territories and kill the core that took three minutes of uncontested time apiece to complete.

That shit reminds me of this game I had on Sandtrap in MCC. Game literally slowed down - weapon fire, grenade throws, the actual time. It was crazy.

Aaaaaaand realized I missed the "wrong" after "worse". Nice going, tired mind. Anyhow, saw the clips on your profile. That's some hilarious crap. Sucks you had to be subject to it, though.

Is this game still "good" for anyone here? I tried to run a few solo slayer games today and it's not fun. The game isn't fun. The gameplay is another case of "good game but bad Halo game". And that's unfortunate considering there's a lack of things to do outside of running matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Anything's better than being able to call down a SAW via drop pod into the first minute on Infinity Slayer: Complex...

EDIT: This meaning anything is better than THE4... Except for the things which are not.

Anything's better than being able to call down a SAW via drop pod into the first minute on Infinity Slayer: Complex...

Let's not use a game that many Halo fans pretend doesn't exist as our standards for Halo's "last chance".

When I spend time playing Halo 1, I hate H5. When I play H5 I'm annoyed but I somewhat enjoy it.

I just feel like grinding to Champ or Onyx is pointless if I'm not enjoying a lot of the games mechanics. Like I will host customs for the rest of H5's lifetime with No Sprint if we don't get at least a 4sk pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this game still "good" for anyone here? I tried to run a few solo slayer games today and it's not fun. The game isn't fun. The gameplay is another case of "good game but bad Halo game". And that's unfortunate considering there's a lack of things to do outside of running matchmaking.

I've been waiting until Forge. Hopefully then the custom community will flourish.

Because of the loading issue with H5 today I switched back to MCC for a couple of games. Man, it was weird getting used to not having sprint and thruster as part of the game. But after a few minutes, I was back to being fine with not having these abilities, and it felt awesome not having someone parkour-ing across the map only to shoulder charge you after you got a kill. And not having to check every which direction every second when moving from point A to point B. I could just concentrate on the possible routes knowing that someone couldn't clamber-ground pound-thruster up 3 ledges to assassinate me from behind.

It was just a fun.

And then you played off-host H2A on a US connection...

What's scarier than matching a team of four searching by yourself? Matching a team of eight in btb in 2s. SICK  :kappa:  :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: This meaning anything is better than THE4... Except for the things which are not.

But that SMG is pretty much a saw and it spawns on the map every 15 seconds.

Started with 1,300 RP, and managed to get to 50,000 RP within a few hours. Totes worth it. This also makes me aware of the fact that, I have no goddamn life. RIP me. Got REQ'T early on in my lifespan. Press F to pay respects.

That shit reminds me of this game I had on Sandtrap in MCC. Game literally slowed down - weapon fire, grenade throws, the actual time. It was crazy.

Was it anyting like this? LOL

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/c7641c56-a732-40ba-97c2-80e3a07c766a?gamerTag=Vode%20CE&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/a5b5a148-7042-4ffa-9156-04392d8bece6?gamerTag=Vode%20CE&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

Still "very good" for me. As in, insanely awesome. Loving the game.

You know I dropped in to your twitch while you were playing, first twitch channel I watched. Thought the game play was interesting to watch for about 20 minutes mostly because it showed me the maps and some paths around it. But after that it was boring. So I went to other Halo 5 twitch channels, and immediately they were even more boring, because the people were talking and yelling, it was really distracting. I don't know why anyone would want to watch a twitch channel. Not saying that it is bad, I just don't get it. I can't get into it.

Anyone else notice that if you attempt to 3D Print your Spartan with the Warrior armor, the actual 3D model is bugged? Like, in the preview, it shows my Warrior Spartan with a completely different right arm that is always gray and white (regardless of player-selected color).

And I'm suddenly not interested in trying that out. I can only imagine my reaction when I order one and I somehow end up with a pink FOTUS helmet.

I really hope this update is good in December. It looks to be a big list of stuff.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/killed-from-the-gravy

Worth mentioning that all those things will probably not be coming in the December update. That's just stuff they're currently working on.

This kid knows exactly what he is talking about we need party restrictions ASAP.

Nail on the head. And this needs to be brought up consistently until it happens.

-----------------------------------------

I don't mind H5, but I'm not going to blindly say I love the game. Because there are some things in this game I absolutely despise and it makes playing alone a chore. I used to enjoy getting on any time of day during H2 and H3 and grind for hours on end. I can only tolerate about hour or two at a time playing this game before I want to chuck my controller. 

I feel like there are a ton of small changes that definitely could be made that would improve this game tremendously.

- Less auto-aim and magnetism

- Party restrictions

- Social playlists

- No radar (or at least a playlist without radar ffs)

- Snipers, Doubles, and Objective ranked playlist

- Increase the kill time slightly on the automatics. They don't need to be useless obviously but considering we have radar, it's one of the most OP things in the game when people are crouching around corners. If the kill time was increased by like... 0.2 seconds or something I think it would be better.

- Possibly an unpopular opinion, but does anyone feel like the camo doesn't need the extraneous perk of not being able to be seen on radar? I think it's rather redundant in this game that camo is very difficult to see (which is a good thing), but they're given the incentive to freely walk around the map with Autos/Scattershot at will. Camo in my opinion, is used to sneak around the map undetected and make unsuspecting flanks. If radar was gone, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just feel it's rather ridiculous that it is damn near impossible to see on some of the maps in certain positions (due to lighting, glare, etc) and they can mindlessly walk around the map, find people on their radar, but can't be seen on anyone else's radar.

- Maybe another unpopular opinion, but I honestly think if sniper is going to have THIS much auto-aim, there shouldn't be any bleed-through in this game. The sniper is just down-right ridiculous in anyone's hands and something needs to be done about it. I've seen too many clips and gotten a ton snipes where I'm just flat-out missing but still tagging headshots like its my job. Don't even get me started on no scopes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know what the laser targeted does on, say, the BR? And long barrel? I'm thinking long barrel is more RRR but I have no idea what increased accuracy on the BR means. It's not less recoil because that's what stabilizing jets does.

I just got 29 kills 17 assists and 5 deaths in Warzone using only a stock smg. That thing is ridiculous. I can't wait until I get the explosive SAW because if I murder with just that I can only imagine what an OP PoS like that can do. The autos in this game man.

Edit: Very next game got 47 kills 17 assists 11 deaths. Lol the smg is godly.

Nail on the head. And this needs to be brought up consistently until it happens.

-----------------------------------------

I don't mind H5, but I'm not going to blindly say I love the game. Because there are some things in this game I absolutely despise and it makes playing alone a chore. I used to enjoy getting on any time of day during H2 and H3 and grind for hours on end. I can only tolerate about hour or two at a time playing this game before I want to chuck my controller. 

I feel like there are a ton of small changes that definitely could be made that would improve this game tremendously.

- Less auto-aim and magnetism

- Party restrictions

- Social playlists

- No radar (or at least a playlist without radar ffs)

- Snipers, Doubles, and Objective ranked playlist

- Lower kill time slightly on the automatics. They don't need to be useless obviously but considering we have radar, it's one of the most OP things in the game when people are crouching around corners. If the kill time was reduced by like... 0.2 seconds or something I think it would be better.

- Possibly an unpopular opinion, but does anyone feel like the camo doesn't need the extraneous perk of not being able to be seen on radar? I think it's rather redundant in this game that camo is very difficult to see (which is a good thing), but they're given the incentive to freely walk around the map with Autos/Scattershot at will. Camo in my opinion, is used to sneak around the map undetected and make unsuspecting flanks. If radar was gone, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just feel it's rather ridiculous that it is damn near impossible to see on some of the maps in certain positions (due to lighting, glare, etc) and they can mindlessly walk around the map, find people on their radar, but can't be seen on anyone else's radar.

- Maybe another unpopular opinion, but I honestly think if sniper is going to have THIS much auto-aim, there shouldn't be any bleed-through in this game. The sniper is just down-right ridiculous in anyone's hands and something needs to be done about it. I've seen too many clips and gotten a ton snipes where I'm just flat-out missing but still tagging headshots like its my job. Don't even get me started on no scopes.

Yup party restrictions should be brought up until they fix it and i would dream that it could in the december update. Its just the biggest problem for me now, i 100% agree with you that the thing i most enjoyed in past halos was being able to get on by myself and grind for hours , but now its literally a bitch by yourself lol. I also think that could honestly be  a huge reason populations drop for these newer halo games. I know thats why I'm not on it for much or everyday. Im bored and i think "hmm i might get on halo i kinda feel like playing" but then i think "lol nah I'm just gunna get annoyed playing teams of 4 and wanna get off after like 1-2 games". If i feel like this and i am one of people who love grinding halo then i can't imagine how many people feel the same exact way and just don't play. I haven't even played arena in 2 weeks because i don't really ever have 4s to run with, i have only played GB 1s which isn't very fun but its the only thing i can do right now without wanting to throw my controller against the wall.