CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want SOME things from Reach to return in a later game, like a more focused setting, armor and weapon designs that dont look like they were ripped out of an anime, and the ability to use my custom Spartan in EVERY single aspect of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

General Halo question: can someone explain to me why the hell OS decays?

We don't have rockets slowly losing ammo if you camp with them, I don't see why OS slowly dissolves.

We don't have rockets slowly losing ammo if you camp with them, I don't see why OS slowly dissolves.

Don't jinx anything now will you?

• Upvote (+1) 7

They have to keep the skill gap as small as possible

Don't jinx anything now will you?

I've apparently lost my power to automatically summon 343 employees when I post, so I think we're safe.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think I'm done with Halo 5 until the roll out the December update, I'm getting sick of the aiming.  It's frustrating when your reticle can't catch up to someone that thrusts because it takes too long to speed up.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I believe that started in Halo 2. Could be wrong.

One day I'll invite the Beyond members on my friends list to my game, but only when I'm not busy being verbally salty over the easy rifles in this game. Which is probably going to be never

It's a remnant from Halo's Arena FPS descendants . Quake and Unreal have your health/armor stacks decay over time to encourage aggression and movement. Stops players from just stacking to 200/200 and then camping an important area, they have to keep collecting pick-ups to maintain their stack.

In Halo, it encourages you to be aggressive. Players who push as soon as they pick up OS receive more benefit from it than players who use it defensively. If it didn't decay, you could grab OS, and then camp until the next power weapon spawn, almost guaranteeing that you will win that contest, and thus the game would be heavily rewarding you for hiding like a bitch after grabbing OS.

If Halo was primarily a 1v1 game, I would agree, but Halo doesn't function that way.

I dont see any benefit in having the OS not decay

OS decay in 1v1s is pretty lame. Its kinda of like pac-man cherries. The player will become invincible and chase the ghost, and the ghost runs away and waits it out. Pretty much exactly how OS pickup happens in halo.

If Halo was primarily a 1v1 game, I would agree, but Halo doesn't function that way.

The decay encourages the immediate exploitation of the powerup, which I prefer.

Why doesn't Camo only decay when a player is looking at you?  :kappa:

It's a remnant from Halo's Arena FPS descendants . Quake and Unreal have your health/armor stacks decay over time to encourage aggression and movement. Stops players from just stacking to 200/200 and then camping an important area, they have to keep collecting pick-ups to maintain their stack.

In Halo, it encourages you to be aggressive. Players who push as soon as they pick up OS receive more benefit from it than players who use it defensively. If it didn't decay, you could grab OS, and then camp until the next power weapon spawn, almost guaranteeing that you will win that contest, and thus the game would be heavily rewarding you for hiding like a bitch after grabbing OS.

Can confirm. Playing so much Heathstone has taught me the importance of getting as much VALUE from powerups as possible, and being as greedy as I can get away with having a health advantage.

One day I'll invite the Beyond members on my friends list to my game, but only when I'm not busy being verbally salty over the easy rifles in this game. Which is probably going to be never

I used to use automatics to troll people and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm using them to win games and it feels bad man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used to use automatics to troll people and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I'm using them to win games and it feels bad man. 

I'm using them to troll people currently and since it's on my alt account, I don't have any shame in using them to win.

If anyone wants to add my alt account too, its: Storm Rifle LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol, no.  the dev console is a... menu I guess of sorts that allows you to do tweaking in pc games, accessed by pressing tilade.  

stuff like changing the fps, changing the resolution, or setting your mouse sensitively to 2.1289 if you so please. 

He talked about the xbox dev kits, not the dev console lol. Different things. 

This and 100 other details like that piss me off so much about 343. Like we have to tell them so many things that shouldn't even be talked about.

Guys it does i think....

I have ranked up from finishing top 4, guessing it does not count as a win in service record but still ups csr?