CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just spent a solid hour or two playing Warzone with a party of 12. Needless to say, we had to have had well over 10 games played, solely because we were able to quickly trap the opposition in each and every map, sometimes even before the enemy could get 100 points, and murder them, before promptly destroying their core. Had a ton of fun, got tons of REQ points, and killed many players. They sure felt the wrath of the clam slam afterwards.  :lxthul: 

On another note; I heard a rumor that on Black Friday, 343i's halving REQ pack prices. Can one confirm?

I saw one post on reddit with no source.

Apparently it's US only if it's true.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

On another note; I heard a rumor that on Black Friday, 343i's halving REQ pack prices. Can one confirm?

There are Gold Sale packs in the database but thats about all we know.

There are Gold Sale packs in the database but thats about all we know.

I think I get paid the day before Black Friday.

Aww yiss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I saw one post on reddit with no source.

lol

That's pissweak if it's true.

Wow am I the only one that is utterly pissed about rumble rockets? Such a stupid ass gametype. You think adding rocket starts to FFA makes it all of a sudden a super amazing and funny casual experience that you can grind for hours? They will probably even make it ranked (visible or not) and you will have super competitive matches against good players with those stupid settings. You also get barely more REQs or XP. Besides that, the rocket in H5 sucks.

I had so much fun in Doubles. Even when the settings needed some work, it was just great not needing a TO4 all the time to be able to play competitive matches. If it would be voted again I am pretty sure it would be permanent next season. But fuck it. The casual community wants easy rocket kills even tho most of them wont even finish 10 games of it before they are bored and go back to CoD and Battlefront. Another missed opportunity, another worthless weekend playlist. I am frustrated and salty.

I might as well start grinding Battlefront too. I am sick of the waiting game for better playlists, settings, content and stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So does anyone know what's the best pack to open if I want to get the orange visor? I have a bunch of points sitting there from MM but I'm not sure which pack has it.

Wow am I the only one that is utterly pissed about rumble rockets? Such a stupid ass gametype. You think adding rocket starts to FFA makes it all of a sudden a super amazing and funny casual experience that you can grind for hours? They will probably even make it ranked (visible or not) and you will have super competitive matches against good players with those stupid settings. You also get barely more REQs or XP. Besides that, the rocket in H5 sucks.

I had so much fun in Doubles. Even when the settings needed some work, it was just great not needing a TO4 all the time to be able to play competitive matches. If it would be voted again I am pretty sure it would be permanent next season. But fuck it. The casual community wants easy rocket kills even tho most of them wont even finish 10 games of it before they are bored and go back to CoD and Battlefront. Another missed opportunity, another worthless weekend playlist. I am frustrated and salty.

I might as well start grinding Battlefront too. I am sick of the waiting game for better playlists, settings, content and stuff.

Even though I really want Doubles to win, purely so they are convinced enough to make it permanent, I really want to play Rumble Rockets because no matter what rank they put on you, 99% of the time it's going to be luck about who wins those games. 

If they finally make the bonus XP (or hopefully bonus REQ points) worth it, I could see myself playing it for the whole weekend.

Does anyone else have an issue with consistency in this game? I can go off one game and not miss then, against the same team, completely shit the bed and "miss" every shot. Most of the time it doesn't even feel like I'm missing. It's maddening when half the time I get the enemy player one shot in four bullets then can't seem to get a headshot on the fifth shot even if I aim right in the middle of their face. Making small aim adjustments feels different each game. Probably doesn't help that I'm playing on a 46'' Vizio that has a 10ms response time sitting 8 feet away using a wireless controller on a wireless connection.

Lol, I can already see it happening. Rocket FFA gets released; The fans who voted for it "Yay! Let's play guys!" 

*20 minutes later; thread on Waypoint*

"I'm tired of all the tryhards in every playlist! They won't even let us have Rocket FFA without bring their MLGz in our playlist!"

I don't understand 343's obsession with adding the least amount of playlist possible at the beginning and add more permanent playlist later down the line when it only makes logical sense to have the most at launch and dwindle later down the game's life span... I mean the fact that we even have to choose between Rocket FFA and one of the most iconic playlist in the entire franchise (Doubles) is freaking :beyond:  me...

Probably doesn't help that I'm playing on a 46'' Vizio that has a 10ms response time sitting 8 feet away using a wireless controller on a wireless connection.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wait  what...their adding rocket rumble to FFA? I thought it was getting it's own playlist or something.

Like I don't want the FFA playlist in this game to become like it was in Halo 3 where they had all these stupid fucking gametypes in it especially if it's ranked FFA should only have Slayer in it and maybe oddball.  :kappa:

So does anyone know what's the best pack to open if I want to get the orange visor? I have a bunch of points sitting there from MM but I'm not sure which pack has it.

The orange one that everyone loves from past titles is Legendary rarity and is also called Legendary.

TPbhAxO.jpg

But I've personally got four Orangeish visors already - each of them are Common, Uncommon, Rare and Ultra Rare.

2bes2h9.jpgjelYwOG.jpgWoCVwFc.jpgBpc6RfT.jpg

If you want the Legendary one, you're going to want to open a shit ton of Bronze packs until you've got most of the common REQs done. Move onto Silvers until you've got most of the Uncommons and Rare's done. Finally, move onto Gold packs for Ultra Rare and Legendary. 

Ideally you should just go for those four visors and as you play and unlock more REQs, you'll eventually get the Legendary visor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait  what...their adding rocket rumble to FFA? I thought it was getting it's own playlist or something.

Like I don't want the FFA playlist in this game to become like it was in Halo 3 where they had all these stupid fucking gametypes in it especially if it's ranked FFA should only have Slayer in it and maybe oddball.  :kappa:

It IS getting its own playlist for the weekend.

Not to disrespect you but, are you high ? There is no WAY (quote me on this) this is ever going to happen, ever...in the history of life. Halo cant be even compared to 1/10th of what Dota2 and LoL are, in both player base, tournaments...you mention it.

Sorry to call you out but you making that comparison is has completely baffled my mind.

What? H5 is up to 1.7mil in ~4 weeks with terrible population numbers and its predecessors murdering its image. Imagine if their was actually cool shit to buy (tons of skins, awesome armor, effects, voice overs, even PvE scenarios made by people in forge etc). TI was 16mil, HWC should easily get to 2.5m by March. That's only a ~6x increase. If you have a f2p halo with millions of people playing it even just monthly (it would be free and get updated biweeklyish, why would you not play a game or 2) how does this baffle your mind? I guess I meant more along the lines of prize money, but that should kinda translate to audience. 

do you really think those 50 mio are realistic?

after 2 years the Xbox One has around 15 mio consoles sold worldwide, selling more than twice of that in the next 3 years to reach 50 mio sounds quite optimistic

40 mio would already be an achievement

It is STILL outselling the 360 in equal timeframes and it is 1. Underpowered 2. Overpriced 3. Oversized 4. AWFUL dashboard until a few weeks ago 5. Pre launch MS decisions that made the gaming community freak out. Since Phil Spencer took over xbox, we have a actually solid dashboard, backwards compatibility, fixed controllers where you don't need stupid ass peripherals to do basic shit, and seems like they care about their consumers etc. The slim should be out next year (14nm were supply constrained this year, should be mass produced next year), theoretically the xbone should easily be smaller than a PS4 considering mostly same insides, power brick outside+much smaller chip/heat. That should cut down heavily on costs, 1TB slim bone should be 249/299 next fall, you dont think that will fly off the shelves in combination with a mature games lineup (inc. BC) and non train wreck operating system? Don't see why 10mil a year is out of the question.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really want to play Rumble Rockets because no matter what rank they put on you, 99% of the time it's going to be luck about who wins those games.

If they finally make the bonus XP (or hopefully bonus REQ points) worth it, I could see myself playing it for the whole weekend.

That sounds awful. Why would you grind a gametype where luck wins? It will also ruin your service record. Besides that, the rocket is the easiest and most simple weapon in Halo. I personally find that just awful boring. They could at least choose Fiesta Rumble, so people could finish their commendations and it would be an actual fun gametype. But nah, it took them this long to come up with a shit gametype like rocket FFA that people wouldnt even play in custom lobbies. I was hoping for infection and actual cool stuff. But 343 seems so clueless sometimes. And why is CTF in the rotation again? wasnt it in all other polls already? And didnt it always perform very poor? Im done man. Also the REQ/XP boost was worthless in the other 3 weekends, why would they change it now?

My Honeymoon is officially over. I though I never even was in a honeymoon. Because, I actually enjoy the gameplay a lot, the game is fun and appealing to me. But I forgot its 343 with their horrible decisions and #SOONTM that is ruining the game again for me. I am an extremly patient person (hell I though that MCC will get fixed even after months) but after H4 and MCC I cant take this #SOONTM stuff anymore. I just want a complete and enjoyable game NOW! (talking about missing content, playlists, social, bad settings, party restrictions and stuff)

My reacton to this Rumble Rocket weekend might seems ridiculous for some of you, but it was just the last straw for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, this is a weekend playlist.

That sounds awful. Why would you grind a gametype where luck wins? It will also ruin your service record. Besides that, the rocket is the easiest and most simple weapon in Halo. I personally find that just awful boring. They could at least choose Fiesta Rumble, so people could finish their commendations and it would be an actual fun gametype. But nah, it took them this long to come up with a shit gametype like rocket FFA that people wouldnt even play in custom lobbies. I was hoping for infection and actual cool stuff. But 343 seems so clueless sometimes. And why is CTF in the rotation again? wasnt it in all other polls already? And didnt it always perform very poor? Im done man. Also the REQ/XP boost was worthless in the other 3 weekends, why would they change it now?

Because it's easy bonus XP/REQs? 

If I gave a shit about my record, I'd stop playing Warzone Assault by myself all the time.

They'd have probably done Fiesta if random weapon spawns were a thing, but it isn't.

Its simple 343. The biggest problem in the game can be fixed so easily.....

-Make some social playlists and have the fastest search times you want by matching whoever vs whoever

-Change the arena ranking playlists to party restrictions where solos and 2s match each other, 3s and a +1 on both teams match each other and finally 4s match each other

This literally fixes MULTIPLE problems.

So simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its simple 343. The biggest problem in the game can be fixed so easily.....

-Make some social playlists and have the fastest search times you want by matching whoever vs whoever

-Change the arena ranking playlists to party restrictions where solos and 2s match each other, 3s and a +1 on both teams match each other and finally 4s match each other

This literally fixes MULTIPLE problems.

So simple.

This is true but they already fucked up, the very beginning of the game when sales are hugely front loaded, they dropped the ball hard. Yes pop can recover but it wont be anything impressive. Someone said it was #9 on XBL earlier. Guess they plan on "sustaining" the most die hard halo fans who don't run.

Honestly I might stick around and go for #1 in whatever random social playlists they add. I like the gameplay, but I don't like how this game plays competitively, If that makes any sense.

Just spent a solid hour or two playing Warzone with a party of 12. Needless to say, we had to have had well over 10 games played, solely because we were able to quickly trap the opposition in each and every map, sometimes even before the enemy could get 100 points, and murder them, before promptly destroying their core. Had a ton of fun, got tons of REQ points, and killed many players. They sure felt the wrath of the clam slam afterwards.   :lxthul:

I've played my ~400 games in warzone with a squad of 10-12 revolving players, you literally just pub stomp run threw them. Every once in awhile you will get a squad of BTB kids(mostly gone now) that turtle hard in their base (assault). But other than that its stupid holding forward kinda fun. 390-4ish is our record, 4 losses in assault on offense. Records are 2:22 in assault (non glitching) and 1000-13 in regular, lmao.

Also rocket rumble L M F A O

What do you guys do to  avoid people trying to pummel you?

It's connecting to matter what because the lunge is so far, especially if they are thrusting towards you.

Even though you are thrusting backwards, or sideways, it connects - Even though you can see they were no were near you.

I guess I need to figure out where the shotgun is.

What do you guys do to  avoid people trying to pummel you?

It's connecting to matter what because the lunge is so far, especially if they are thrusting towards you.

Even though you are thrusting backwards, or sideways, it connects - Even though you can see they were no were near you.

I guess I need to figure out where the shotgun is.

i just say to myself

"well another noob that can only kill me because of a nooby lunge melee"

i guess thats all you can do, 343i needs to realize lunge doesnt belong into Halo

something that occasionally works though is side-jumping and side-thrusting, their lunge will then only connect if they aim upwards which not everyone does

Although, this brings me up to another issue, in CQC combat. What the hell happened to sword parrying with your fist?

That was only in Reach (to the best of my memory). Sword vs Sword clashes made sense, but Sword vs normal melee was once of the stupidest things I've ever seen - the timing for it in an online environment made it essentially random and massively devalued the Sword as a power weapon.

Glad it's gone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Team Objective has always had population problems in Halo, so I understand 343 being hesitant in adding an objective playlists, but adding CTF to the Slayer playlists is a perfect solution. Though I'm pretty much asking for Team Arena without Breakout.

Its understandable why objective playlists has low population. Even though its fun, searching alone in Objective playlists are suicide.

I guess I meant more along the lines of prize money, but that should kinda translate to audience. 

Halo's concurrent peak at HCS was 25k ish last season. Is your F2P model suddenly going to jump that into the millions like dota/lol figures that you are insistent Halo can match?

Prize pool doesnt translate into audience automatically either. HWC will probably have a high prize pool than Lol's worlds.

I wouldnt take those REQ prize pool figures as complete proof yet. They still refuse to announce the % that goes to the prize pool. Until then, I just feel that they announce the prize pool total whenever they need some decent PR. 

So I finally get into a team on this for the first time, then we cant search as it seems I have latency issues with the server.

I feel burnt out with this series.