CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Strat doesn't work very well unless you're close range, though. Regret has open sightlines and medium range is its bests environment. Unless you were close to them already don't count of thrusting over their heads to work. At least, thats how its been in my experience.

I'm going to bold "my experience" on your end. My experience differs, since I mainly get up and close, mainly so my Magnum overpowers other rifles. Encountering a Needler isn't exactly a threat, due to that range advantage. Although, this brings me up to another issue, in CQC combat. What the hell happened to sword parrying with your fist?

OH MY GOD DUDE

WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR GAME FILTERED

Fuck you I come here to judge people's Halo skills not to be judged on my RS choices.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't believe I have to depend on this shit just to play CTF in Halo. It'll never beat the weekly 'wacky' playlists that everyone will get bored of after two matches. And I'm not playing a playlists with Breakout in it and no chance to veto. They already killed Oddball and KOTH while Paintball dances on its graves. Let our CTF go, 343. Put it in the Slayer playlists already.

8DsixRu.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Put it in the Slayer playlists already.

8DsixRu.jpg

Could stand behind that. I think this was spoken on, but I dunno why we don't have individual Strongholds and CTF playlists, or just a general Objective playlist. I'd play the BALLS out of them, much like I do default "Slayer". Sometimes, I don't want a CHANCE at CTF/Strongholds; I wanna for sure, play it.

@@Sal1ent

Can you please re-consider the conversation we had about teams of 4 in this game. Especially at this age in the games life span. There are literally NO shortage of teams of four running around and constantly matching them over and over and over again when I'm searching with just one other person or alone, is probably one of the most frustrating things in this game. As much as you keep hearing complaints from both your casual and your competitive audience, I would hope you would at least consider it. Especially since this type of system has existed before and worked perfectly fine! Especially early in the game's life-cycle when the population is the highest.

You responded to me last time with:

Biasing heavilty towards these matches is something we agree with. It makes sense. Hard and fast rules (4s vs 4s ONLY, no exceptions) are problematic. Particularly when you need to take skill, regional location, etc into account.

However, I'm still failing to see the "problematic" part. The only problematic part that I can think of which is pretty obvious is longer search times. But to reiterate again, as the population is still high right now, I don't see why this can't be a thing. This would allow more evenly matched games in matchmaking and make for a 10x better experience.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't believe I have to depend on this shit just to play CTF in Halo. It'll never beat the weekly 'wacky' playlists that everyone will get bored of after two matches. And I'm not playing a playlists with Breakout in it and no chance to veto. They already killed Oddball and KOTH while Paintball dances on its graves. Let our CTF go, 343. Put it in the Slayer playlists already.

8DsixRu.jpg

Wait what in the fuck? People want to play FFA rockets? seriously?

Got muted in Arena going in solo cause 'my voice was too deep'

Haven't heard that since 6th grade lmao

Got muted in Arena going in solo cause 'my voice was too deep'

Haven't heard that since 6th grade lmao

So, you got muted for being the opposite of a squeaker? Jeez. That's a first.

So, you got muted for being the opposite of a squeaker? Jeez. That's a first.

thats why I'm so confused. That, and my voice isn't even deep in any regard... Maybe when I was 13 but not now lol

@@Sal1ent

Can you please re-consider the conversation we had about teams of 4 in this game. Especially at this age in the games life span. There are literally NO shortage of teams of four running around and constantly matching them over and over and over again when I'm searching with just one other person or alone, is probably one of the most frustrating things in this game. As much as you keep hearing complaints from both your casual and your competitive audience, I would hope you would at least consider it. Especially since this type of system has existed before and worked perfectly fine! Especially early in the game's life-cycle when the population is the highest.

You responded to me last time with:

However, I'm still failing to see the "problematic" part. The only problematic part that I can think of which is pretty obvious is longer search times. But to reiterate again, as the population is still high right now, I don't see why this can't be a thing. This would allow more evenly matched games in matchmaking and make for a 10x better experience.

That's his way of saying they don't know how to do it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That's his way of saying they don't know how to do it.

I swear, every time I see you post it brings absolutely nothing to the discussion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Could stand behind that. I think this was spoken on, but I dunno why we don't have individual Strongholds and CTF playlists, or just a general Objective playlist. I'd play the BALLS out of them, much like I do default "Slayer". Sometimes, I don't want a CHANCE at CTF/Strongholds; I wanna for sure, play it.

Team Objective has always had population problems in Halo, so I understand 343 being hesitant in adding an objective playlists, but adding CTF to the Slayer playlists is a perfect solution. Though I'm pretty much asking for Team Arena without Breakout.

Team Objective has always had population problems in Halo, so I understand 343 being hesitant in adding an objective playlists, but adding CTF to the Slayer playlists is a perfect solution. Though I'm pretty much asking for Team Arena without Breakout.

That isn't exactly horrible. Speaking on Breakout. For some reason, I loved it in the beta, now I absolutely hate it. Dunno WHAT changed.

That isn't exactly horrible. Speaking on Breakout. For some reason, I loved it in the beta, now I absolutely hate it. Dunno WHAT changed.

Just make it pistols only and keep it simple :P

Maybe a fractional buff to the shields/health so a little more direct fighting is encouraged.

For me I absolutely am total garbage with the magnum in breakout. IDK what it is about that game mode and my awful magnum skillz...

They can't disagree with the developer.

It's literally not within their mental capacity to have thoughts outside of the authority figure.

Every community has a special point in it. The LoL community, for example, is on average more harsher on bad performances than others. The CS community, for example, is filled with people who think they know more than they do. The Halo community tends to be a little on the stupid side. Even bad CS players know better than to intentionally handicap the competitive aspect of their game. Even typical LoL players understand the basic fundamentals of how the game works at a high level.

Yep.

Some of them will defend 343 no matter what happens like there was actually people were defending the 343 when the MCC was completely broken the blind loyalty on that forum is absolutely ridiculous.  :kappa:

FFA rockets is a fun social playlist ... H5 has no fun social playlists.  makes sense to me

if it's ranked I'm quitting this game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8DsixRu.jpg

Just kill me.

Does anyone actually believe these casual gamers will even finish their placements for this LOL TOTES RAndOm *HOLDS UP SPORK* playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Casuals make up the majority of Halos population now. I'm fine with them getting a fun playlist for once. I'd rather have casuals in their own playlist instead of spread out in the other ones.

Hopefully 343 can get their shit together and make a permanent fiesta type of playlist as well as more social playlists.

Casuals make up the majority of Halos population now. I'm fine with them getting a fun playlist for once. I'd rather have casuals in their own playlist instead of spread out in the other ones.

Hopefully 343 can get their shit together and make a permanent fiesta type of playlist as well as more social playlists.

I don't mind casual playlists.

I do mind the fact that we're missing out on Doubles and CTF for a playlist that most of the voters will get bored of after a few games whereas I'd happily play Doubles with my bro for the entire weekend.

This was found shortly after launch through the API according to someone on r/Halo, now this would be fun for a Weekend Playlist:

Also there seems to be Warzone Kraken mode and an Arena Kraken mode. 

I wouldn't look too much into it, at all. A lot of the playlists on the API existed purely for testing before launch. It would be cool to see a playlist which launches us to REQ Level 9 instantly but I just see it as their way of testing certain REQs without needing 24 testers to play a game for 15+ minutes.

I'd rather have Fiesta instead of Rumble Rockets for the weekend playlist.

Shame that we can't even do Fiesta in Halo 5. No random weapon option for primary and secondary weapons.

OH MY GOD DUDE

WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR GAME FILTERED

99edc03b51b6c8553dc6b33b0c5ee76a.png

Everyone should be about that Filtered life.

Just spent a solid hour or two playing Warzone with a party of 12. Needless to say, we had to have had well over 10 games played, solely because we were able to quickly trap the opposition in each and every map, sometimes even before the enemy could get 100 points, and murder them, before promptly destroying their core. Had a ton of fun, got tons of REQ points, and killed many players. They sure felt the wrath of the clam slam afterwards.  :lxthul: 

On another note; I heard a rumor that on Black Friday, 343i's halving REQ pack prices. Can one confirm?