Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

My priority list right now would be:

- remove radar

- nerf autos

- buff pistol to 4sk

- fix sniper

- fix spawns on some modes/maps

That's my top 5 if I had to pick ONLY 5

these are the biggest issues with the game, most of these cause other things to be larger problems than what they actually would be otherwise, like abilities, or wonky map flow.

these are the biggest issues with the game, most of these cause other things to be larger problems than what they actually would be otherwise, like abilities, or wonky map flow.

I agree. I feel like specifically radar exacerbates so many of the issues with the game. Even just getting rid of that would go a long way to improving the game.

Think I'm gonna go back on my opinion that BTB should be BR starts. I would much rather Pistol starts now I've played BR starts, the BR is too easy to use.

If they made it harder I dont think id be as bothered, but would still rather the Pistol. I'm missing using it and I'm finding it boring using BRs now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember the day the REQ system went down and everyone was forced to use pistols and AR's in Warzone Assault. Those were the best games I ever played. Sucks that 343 made people get REQs even faster now so it's just constant Ghost, tank/wraith spam and power weapons galore. Starting to get annoying especially as an attacker.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why do waypoint kids still defend 343..

They have to have been at least a little bit affected by the state of MCC.

How can you still blindly stand behind the decisions they've made with H5? The sniper is literally as bad as H4 Beam Rifle (if not worse), the aim assist on the BR is stupid high, and the autos are too powerful in comparison to ease of use. Toning down aim assist across the board and making the pistol kill faster would really help this game. Just because 343 made it the way it is now doesn't mean it's perfect. 

My priority list right now would be:

- remove radar

- nerf autos

- buff pistol to 4sk

- fix sniper

- fix spawns on some modes/maps

That's my top 5 if I had to pick ONLY 5

add party restriction/improve experience for solo players

fix server selection for EU players

fixing balancing stuff won't be necessary if 343 cannot fix the essentials...

that waypoint thread makes me sick to my stomach!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you still blindly stand behind the decisions they've made with H5? The sniper is literally as bad as H4 Beam Rifle (if not worse), the aim assist on the BR is stupid high, and the autos are too powerful in comparison to ease of use. Toning down aim assist across the board and making the pistol kill faster would really help this game. Just because 343 made it the way it is now doesn't mean it's perfect.

By aim assist you mean bullet magnetism, right?

By aim assist you mean bullet magnetism, right?

I'd say both for sniper, but yes for everything else. I still get the two mixed up every time.

And I'm reading these replies now, and it's like well yes obviously you think the pistol is balanced because you're playing bronze kids in arena or you're playing warzone. 

Denial maybe? It is the first stage of the Kübler-Ross grief cycle after all.

Anybody with eyes can see that the Sniper is ridiculously broken.

I still think H5 is a great game. Easily my favorite game since H3, and I for one actually like the new movement options. Would I like them gone? Yes, but they're here to stay and because of radar and shields I don't find myself sprinting, like ever. If the right changes are made soon then this game could have real potential. Is that going to happen? Probably not. Seeing as how forge maps count as dlc and classic 343 shenanigans, I doubt this game will have real longevity. I think new games like BO3 and Fallout 4 will be keeping the players they have stolen because there's going to be no real reason to come back.

I agree. I feel like specifically radar exacerbates so many of the issues with the game. Even just getting rid of that would go a long way to improving the game.

I don't even think they need to remove radar. There is a better option. They need to give us the perk that makes us only appear on radar when sprinting/thrusting/shooting. No radar would actually play worse than having this perk enabled.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I still think H5 is a great game. Easily my favorite game since H3, and I for one actually like the new movement options. Would I like them gone? Yes, but they're here to stay and because of radar and shields I don't find myself sprinting, like ever. If the right changes are made soon then this game could have real potential. Is that going to happen? Probably not. Seeing as how forge maps count as dlc and classic 343 shenanigans, I doubt this game will have real longevity. I think new games like BO3 and Fallout 4 will be keeping the players they have stolen because there's going to be no real reason to come back.

it's debatable as to whether or not they even stole players at all, I think halo 5 did it to itself by not shipping with enough content for a triple a game let alone halo game for that matter.

I don't even think they need to remove radar. There is a better option. They need to give us the perk that makes us only appear on radar when sprinting/thrusting/shooting. No radar would actually play worse than having this perk enabled.

tumblr_mfiwuezClM1s0pnqto1_250.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

At the end of the day I think halo 5 is super entertaining to watch at a high level. I've been enjoying the hell out of all the team scrims that have been going on lately.

Even with all the issues the game has, it's still entertaining. And this is coming from someone who hasn't touched halo 5 in a couple weeks now.

Can people stop posting waypoint replies here, I come on TB to discuss Halo and actively avoid the vapid irony of Waypoint and Reddit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Can people stop posting waypoint replies here, I come on TB to discuss Halo and actively avoid the vapid irony of Waypoint and Reddit.

Haha I still post there when I have time. I feel Waypoint needs a few critical thinkers to balance out all the moronic posts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I say we should have an annual Waypoint Roast.  :kappa:

Watching the 2v2 tourney. No radar allows for some serious plays. Watching Roy's stream, Roy died and snakebite and royal 2 were both top tower on empire. One of them had shotty too. They knew ryanoob was bottom tower somewhere but ryanoob juked tf out of them, assassinated one, then made the other weak and stayed alive for Roy to clean it up.

If radar was turned on, ryanoob gets destroyed without even having a chance. But instead that's a 2-0 kill swing from ryanoob making a big play that wouldn't be possible with radar on.

It seems like the key to making a popular post on Waypoint is to simply be one of the first to reply to an existing thread criticizing Halo 5 with "lol u dumb". If that doesn't prove that the people on Waypoint actively discourage critical thought and celebrate blind fanboyism, I dunno what will.

• Upvote (+1) 5