CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This reminds me to ask; what the hell happened to using the laser against actual people? Used to be very effective, now I only seem to graze other people, rather than outright kill. It seems to be "too precise" and the beam's too narrow, because it sure as hell isn't too weak.

You use the Ad Victorium yet (triple-load rocket launcher)? Not enough people use it in Warzone despite its effectiveness against tanks... From my experience, anyways.

I dunno, I can only use the Spartan Laser on one target only if they aren't picking up the targeting laser yet. Probably my fault.

incase anyone else didn't realize this, @@Sitri informed me a while back that speed boosts can stack in warzone. Spawning a stock or modified shotgun and two level 2 speed boosts is some of the most fun I've had in Halo just by playing like a big old bitch. With two speed boosts it doesn't really matter if they're in your range or not because you're one thrust away from an instant kill.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This reminds me to ask; what the hell happened to using the laser against actual people? Used to be very effective, now I only seem to graze other people, rather than outright kill. It seems to be "too precise" and the beam's too narrow, because it sure as hell isn't too weak.

I think an in-between works well. It shouldn't be a charged Sniper like it was in 3, but shouldn't be as difficult to use in 4/5. Sweep Splaser Shots shouldn't be a thing.

343 need to update this game as soon as possible, the population is clearly rapidly decreasing. A Halo game should never be lower than top 3, no matter what the competition is like.

it got to sixth yesterday, it's peak is likely more towards the end of the day, hopefully it can get back up(I'm not expecting this to happen though).

I think the pistol and most weapons are fine. Except SMG's are currently my pet peeve.

This is what the internet age allows. Kids to speak their minds in front of thousands of people with no restrictions. So you get people that just spew such idiotic statements. I honestly can't read more than a few replies before I get mad because I know 343 uses Waypoint feedback a lot more than TB. That place gives me a headache. The same kids that say "competitive Halo is dumb it needs to go away blah blah" are the same kids claiming to be experts on competitive weapon balance. THE IRONY.

Yeah, true elitist bullshit. To me at least, as long as the game can please casual and competitive players, then it's fine.

I mean, let's talk a little about the polls for this weekend's playlist. I voted doubles because it's competitive, and I feel that it should be a permanent already. And you have people who want casual play like Rumble Rockets. Ok, if it isn't ranked I'd be ok with it. But we know it is so, whatever.

Then we have this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/srsly-rumble-rockets-is-leading-the-poll/581095e3-be6a-4742-9a6d-e7eaf7c97b75/posts

• Downvote (-1) 1

incase anyone else didn't realize this, @@Sitri informed me a while back that speed boosts can stack in warzone. Spawning a stock or modified shotgun and two level 2 speed boosts is some of the most fun I've had in Halo just by playing like a big old bitch. With two speed boosts it doesn't really matter if they're in your range or not because you're one thrust away from an instant kill.

Please please please don't patch this 343

I think the pistol and most weapons are fine. Except SMG's are currently my pet peeve.

Yeah, true elitist bullshit. To me at least, as long as the game can please casual and competitive players, then it's fine.

I mean, let's talk a little about the polls for this weekend's playlist. I voted doubles because it's competitive, and I feel that it should be a permanent already. And you have people who want casual play like Rumble Rockets. Ok, if it isn't ranked I'd be ok with it. But we know it is so, whatever.

Then we have this thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/srsly-rumble-rockets-is-leading-the-poll/581095e3-be6a-4742-9a6d-e7eaf7c97b75/posts

Good Lord. I think that's enough Waypoint for today. Actually, for awhile. I only go there to vote for the weekend playlists.

343 need to update this game as soon as possible, the population is clearly rapidly decreasing. A Halo game should never be lower than top 3, no matter what the competition is like.

Eh, from what I can see it's doing somewhat ok. I mean let's face it, CoD's takes the lead every year, and Fallout 4 is like the first loaf of bread. Fifa 16 however, I don't get what so great about it. Maybe someone can tell me.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One?SortBy=MostPopular

(probably not the greatest info)

I love spawning with the pistol, it can't fight at range against a br/dmr/carbine and it can't fight in cqc against autos. Fucking Christ 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eh, from what I can see it's doing somewhat ok. I mean let's face it, CoD's takes the lead every year, and Fallout 4 is like the first loaf of bread. Fifa 16 however, I don't get what so great about it. Maybe someone can tell me.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One?SortBy=MostPopular

(probably not the greatest info)

There is no single redeeming factor about fifa 16 this year. Game is outright terrible in comparison to previous years but it has a lot of content and football fans will play it anyway because PES is run by lazy developers who won't update their game and nobody will go back to fifa 15. Even I will play it because modes like pro clubs are fun with my friends and I can't play anything other than warzone and BTB with them in halo because they get wrecked in arena and that can get boring.

I love spawning with the pistol, it can't fight at range against a br/dmr/carbine and it can't fight in cqc against autos. Fucking Christ 343.

I'd argue if you're getting wrecked at all ranges you might wanna git gud.

its a joke, relax

Here's how it works.

Laser in Halo 3 fired like 4 or 5 "instant" shots (might have been 1 per frame). I believe you needed 2 (might just have been 1 if it was a direct hit) to land on target to kill them. The splash radius on it was also big too so it worked well against people even at range... and often resulted in suicides.

Now it seems to fire about 10 "instant" shots. You DEFINITELY need more than one to land on target to kill, and obviously, it requires to "paint" the target for much longer while firing (don't mistake it with charging) which is obviously difficult since most targets are moving. The splash damage has also become tiny, so forget not hitting someone 100% directly. You need to hit them dead on and pretty much empty the whole laser charge (or at least close) on them.

The best way to understand the different shots within a single laser charge is to just fire a laser at a surface while swiping your reticle and looking at the trail it leaves behind. There'll be multiple impact spots.

The numbers aren't entirely correct because fuck testing something like the laser, but that's the gist of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd argue if you're getting wrecked at all ranges you might wanna git gud.

its a joke, relax

it really is ridiculous how weak it is, and still manages to be a spawn weapon, in game where players can literally dip out of fights whenever they want because of sprint/thrust, not to mention, it's exactly like auto starts is in older games, where the first player to get the precision weapon dominates because the spawn weapon is useless.

I live in Sweden (EU) and played solo BTB today and got matched against Roys party of eight from US...is the population so low in BTB?

Speaking of fighting CQC, I had this happen to me just a few minutes ago.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Aeroproxy/video/12907580

I SHOULD HAVE WON THAT 1v1. 

Hell if you watch closely you'll notice that even though he has the 0.2 second advantage he actually started missing shots half way through the battle while I had my reticule on him the entire time.

Good fuck. This game really encourages you to use the automatics. Lol, why even try to aim and try to make your shots count when you can just close the distance and pull out the SMG or Storm Rifle?

Someone wake up from this nightmare once they make a sandbox tweak.

Inb4: "Get gud kid"

I live in Sweden (EU) and played solo BTB today and got matched against Roys party of eight from US...is the population so low in BTB?

I think that's just bad luck. Don't worry, I have that kind of luck too.

the closest server to you might be low, or 343 lied about how the game chooses servers. I let you decide what's more likely.

Well I know how I'm getting my rocket commendations now.

Still would have preferred Doubles.

My priority list right now would be:

- remove radar

- nerf autos

- buff pistol to 4sk

- fix sniper

- fix spawns on some modes/maps

That's my top 5 if I had to pick ONLY 5

• Upvote (+1) 9