CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Still over here voting for CTF all by myself.

CTF should have been a playlist at launch to be honest

Assuming FFA with off-spawn Rockets. The rockets in this game are kind of fun to use and don't feel completely cheap like the Sniper does. Should be entertaining for a bit, but it doesn't seem like a game mode worth touting as a weekend playlist.

We do need an injection of new gametypes and offerings though. I voted for Doubles since it feels different than regular Slayer in this game and I have sparse people to play with so when one friend gets on we can work on teamwork.

343 need to update this game as soon as possible, the population is clearly rapidly decreasing. A Halo game should never be lower than top 3, no matter what the competition is like.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The BR is ridiculous I definitely agree but I think it's the only way to make even a potential comeback happen for the most part. Still lame though

I'm fine if the BR stays in some form, but giving one to each team at the start discourages aggression too much. Crossfire for example, plays like molasses because of the BR over-watch.

Players who take the risk of pushing to the center of the map should be rewarded. I'd rather be pushing for a BR than a Hydra to be honest.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally I want them to bring back Brawl from Halo 3.

- 13-man FFA

- BTB maps (worried about the spawns a little) and some of the bigger default ones

- BR starts
- Rocket starts

- Shotty snipers starts

- Railgun starts (instead of laser since it's trash against people in this game)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CTF should have been a playlist at launch to be honest

Single-objective playlists tend not to fare very well in the long run. I'm glad they didn't include it, despite how much I like objective.

Maybe down the road, once we get KOTH and Ball, having an objective playlist would be nice.

Single-objective playlists tend not to fare very well in the long run. I'm glad they didn't include it, despite how much I like objective.

Maybe down the road, once we get KOTH and Ball, having an objective playlist would be nice.

CTF in Halo 4 seemed to have been one of the top playlists throughout most of it's life

• Upvote (+1) 1

At some point CTF was the only playlist I didn't have to wait 4-5 minutes to find players in Halo 4. At that point I just switched back to Reach.

It was either that or BTB on a sunny day.

@below post vvv Fifteen likes on the first reply. I'm done.

Hate to be pedantic (I agree with your post) but its not as simple as that id say. Asia certainly does like their FPS's. In China, Cross Fire (a CS clone) matches/beats LoL in terms of microtransactions. In Korea, Sudden Attack (another CS ish style game) has been a mainstay on esports TV for years.

343 wouldn't know how to break into the Asian market even if they had the best game ever (as shown by their choice of countries in teh Asian HWC qualifiers). Gamers play games differently there (PC cafes rather than at home).

59262477.jpg

I think overwatch is going to take the console FPS market.

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/13/overwatch-coming-to-xbox-one-spring-2016/

I'm not surprised at all.

The casual population generally doesn't care how much skill a weapon takes to use, or whether they can fight effectively off spawn. They think in terms of "the pistol should do this much damage because pistols are weaker than rifles in real life." Or other great arguments along the lines of how much damage the weapon should do intuitively.

The competitive community has always wanted a more powerful utility weapon, and the casual community has always thought things were fine as they are.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CTF in Halo 4 seemed to have been one of the top playlists throughout most of it's life

That doesn't say much though, does it?

If we base ourselves on Halo 4, the standard experience for Halo should be BTB and the rest should be secondary.

This is what the internet age allows. Kids to speak their minds in front of thousands of people with no restrictions. So you get people that just spew such idiotic statements. I honestly can't read more than a few replies before I get mad because I know 343 uses Waypoint feedback a lot more than TB. That place gives me a headache. The same kids that say "competitive Halo is dumb it needs to go away blah blah" are the same kids claiming to be experts on competitive weapon balance. THE IRONY.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That doesn't say much though, does it?

If we base ourselves on Halo 4, the standard experience for Halo should be BTB and the rest should be secondary.

I used it because that's the only instance of single objective playlists and honestly with the lack of playlists I wouldn't mind at least one like CTF if you also include Neutral Flag

When someone quits one of your games, go into their service record and look at their most used gun. 99% of the time it's an AR. Casual players are exactly the crowd 343 wants to attract. Isn't it evident from Halo 4 and Halo 5? Killstreaks and strong automatic weapons and perks and instant headshot snipers. Can't blame them though I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Railgun starts (instead of laser since it's trash against people in this game)

This reminds me to ask; what the hell happened to using the laser against actual people? Used to be very effective, now I only seem to graze other people, rather than outright kill. It seems to be "too precise" and the beam's too narrow, because it sure as hell isn't too weak.