CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I wish they'd make up their mind. 

One day it's "we know where the story is going, we have done since Halo 4" and now its "oh, we let each employee pitch in their ideas".

Unless its only minor stuff like character names, etc. You should have your story set out the moment you began the trilogy, not quickly thinking of it once one game is complete.

To be fair both sides are probably true. They could know where the story is going but not so much how they got there until development starts while probably taking feedback from previous installments into account

A good example would probably be the prequel trilogy for Star Wars. I believe it was said a lot of George Lucas' vision of what he wanted changed after the response of fans from The Phantom Menace(ex. Jar Jar Binks).

I wish they'd make up their mind.

One day it's "we know where the story is going, we have done since Halo 4" and now its "oh, we let each employee pitch in their ideas".

Unless its only minor stuff like character names, etc. You should have your story set out the moment you began the trilogy, not quickly thinking of it once one game is complete.

I remember hearing Halo 5 was supposedly the darkest Halo as well, like they HAD planned this out. Lol no wonder the story was so disjointed and awkward

• Upvote (+1) 2

I remember hearing Halo 5 was supposedly the darkest Halo as well, like they HAD planned this out. Lol no wonder the story was so disjointed and awkward

right? Like halo 5s story makes me feel like they wanted to tell a different story, but certain circumstances led to what we got. It was all set up, maybe Microsoft ordered more games for this arc so they're spacing it out.

No idea how they could think this possible without the flood. H2A Gravemind was one of the most fucking up things ive seen. Special mention to Halo 3's Floodgate and Cortana giving me the chills when I was 12. And of course the last half of CE Anniversary.

• Upvote (+1) 2

China and Asia in general arent into FPS thus Halo, so the vast majority of these 50 mio needs to be sold to US customers

Hate to be pedantic (I agree with your post) but its not as simple as that id say. Asia certainly does like their FPS's. In China, Cross Fire (a CS clone) matches/beats LoL in terms of microtransactions. In Korea, Sudden Attack (another CS ish style game) has been a mainstay on esports TV for years.

343 wouldn't know how to break into the Asian market even if they had the best game ever (as shown by their choice of countries in teh Asian HWC qualifiers). Gamers play games differently there (PC cafes rather than at home).

but who knows, maybe Valve will enter the console market in the next 3 years and eat up the entire FPS branch with CSGO for consoles pushing CoD, BF and Halo to place 2, 3 and 4  ;)

59262477.jpg

Looks like 'lost' bookmarks after the most recent patch are back!

Does this extend to films you tried to bookmark after the BTB update?

Remember reading this as well and being super excited for it. Even the Hunt the Truth shit sounded great. If only any of that made it into the game.

right? Like halo 5s story makes me feel like they wanted to tell a different story, but certain circumstances led to what we got. It was all set up, maybe Microsoft ordered more games for this arc so they're spacing it out.

Apparently its all down to Brian Reed - the lead writer for the game who had a big part in the Escalation comics or something which have proven to be disappointing on multiple occasions.

No idea how they could think this possible without the flood. H2A Gravemind was one of the most fucking up things ive seen. Special mention to Halo 3's Floodgate and Cortana giving me the chills when I was 12. And of course the last half of CE Anniversary.

H2A's Blur Gravemind - holy shit.

I've said it before but bringing back the Flood for Halo 5 could have been great. New engine, new developer, new spin on them. Everyone hated the Flood because of how shitty they were to fight but they could have done so much to make them fun and still challenging.

Since Halo 6 is going to involve Cortana, the Halo ring(s) and all that shit, I really hope the Flood return. Like there are Flood specimens on every single ring, one of them is even infested with Flood after an outbreak (not 04 or 05). 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Remember reading this as well and being super excited for it. Even the Hunt the Truth shit sounded great. If only any of that made it into the game.

Apparently its all down to Brian Reed - the lead writer for the game who had a big part in the Escalation comics or something which have proven to be disappointing on multiple occasions.

I've said it before but bringing back the Flood for Halo 5 could have been great. New engine, new developer, new spin on them. Everyone hated the Flood because of how shitty they were to fight but they could have done so much to make them fun and still challenging.

Since Halo 6 is going to involve Cortana, the Halo ring(s) and all that shit, I really hope the Flood return. Like there are Flood specimens on every single ring, one of them is even infested with Flood after an outbreak (not 04 or 05).

I remember in a vidoc he was labeled lead narrative, and another guy was lead writer or something like that.

See the Hunt The Truth thing is the biggest what the fuck for game advertisement. The story literally has nothing to do with it. Did 343 think they were clever because Hunt The Truth actually meant "the truth is the plot isn't this" or did they have to cut a lot? I thought they said Halo 5 was originally 4x the size of Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does this extend to films you tried to bookmark after the BTB update?

I haven't tried to bookmark any after the November patch so I couldn't tell you.

Hate to be pedantic (I agree with your post) but its not as simple as that id say. Asia certainly does like their FPS's. In China, Cross Fire (a CS clone) matches/beats LoL in terms of microtransactions. In Korea, Sudden Attack (another CS ish style game) has been a mainstay on esports TV for years.

343 wouldn't know how to break into the Asian market even if they had the best game ever (as shown by their choice of countries in teh Asian HWC qualifiers). Gamers play games differently there (PC cafes rather than at home).

59262477.jpg

I had more people on my friends list playing this last night than MCC :\

If we don't get a non forge map as part of december's update i'll be pretty disappointed. 

The story felt like a mass effect rip off. Climbing the thing at the end and the whole AI cleansing humanity shit. So disappointing. I sort of bought into the locke versus cheif #huntthetruth thing and it wasn't at all like that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The story felt like a mass effect rip off. Climbing the thing at the end and the whole AI cleansing humanity shit. So disappointing. I sort of bought into the locke versus cheif #huntthetruth thing and it wasn't at all like that.

well the end game was getting rid of both the covenant and unsc, it wasn't as simple as kill all humans cuz reasons, I was happy with what they did to cortana, she's a villain, but she's still connected to John and to a lesser extent blue team, so her character is left intact I think.

and excuse me sir but the were running down the guardian, get your facts in order!!

H2A's Co-op campaign never worked for my friend and I for at least a couple of months so we gave up. We just beat H5 and want to go back and try H2A again and man oh man did I forget about the gravemind.. I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing cutscenes. I think I only saw the first mission or two.

H2A's Co-op campaign never worked for my friend and I for at least a couple of months so we gave up. We just beat H5 and want to go back and try H2A again and man oh man did I forget about the gravemind.. I'm looking forward to seeing some amazing cutscenes. I think I only saw the first mission or two.

You're in for a treat. Just keep this in mind for what the Gravemind used to look like:

gm1.jpg

Blur managed to make it look terrifying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like playing Warzone Assault, but man you just can't search without at least a couple people with you. Thumbless idiots everywhere.

I've had moments where I either have a winning team for 3-5 games, or a nasty losing streak every 2-4. It feels like a rigged game of black jack.

Welp, finally got my first super-fecta (1v4) in Breakout. Not going to lie, I got pretty hyped from winning that lol

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/xWicked%20Swami/video/12894446

Game type shouldn't be used in Team Arena but I still have a good amount of fun with it.

Nice clip, but man do they need to take the BR out of Breakout. Or at least make it a contestable power weapon.

I love the gametype though, gonna be awesome to see what kind of maps the community makes for it after the Forge launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1