CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

BTB spawns are terrible.

BTB slayer spawns are terrible

Also strongholds on Headlong is sooooo freaking dumb. Tower 1 is in the dumbest spot. I played a banshee God yesterday on that map TWICE this dude holy shit. Started a slayer game 17-0 and we somehow won 100-97 but in the strongholds game we lost 150-149 it was crazy

I also played strongholds on Headlong again and somehow managed to match against 2 champions we got raped. Dude in the mantis was all over the place and whenever we tried to take a stronghold they just pounced on us. Real impressed with their map movement, but I just don't think that map plays very well and slayer spawns on all the maps are terrible

So alot of complaints were either campaign/lack of content. In 3 years the xbone will have a huge install base (slim coming next year). So release H6 as a F2P multiplayer only game ala Dota, LoL, Hearthstone etc. Thats ~50million people possibly playing H6 in 3ish years.

do you really think those 50 mio are realistic?

after 2 years the Xbox One has around 15 mio consoles sold worldwide, selling more than twice of that in the next 3 years to reach 50 mio sounds quite optimistic

40 mio would already be an achievement

i mean if you arent into Halo the Xbox One hardly offers something that the PS4 doesnt and on top of that doesnt do better because of the stronger GPU, the Xbox exclusives right now and for the next years teased at E3 are weaker than what the PS4 offers so unless Microsoft doesnt sell the console for extremly cheap prices like 199€ or 149€ i dont see its sales-trend rising noticably

also the Xbox sales in Europe are lacking quite a lot and so far there hasnt been any marketing offensive to change that

China and Asia in general arent into FPS thus Halo, so the vast majority of these 50 mio needs to be sold to US customers

and that would imply 100% of those 50 mio customers are into FPS and would consider Halo to be fun

the majority of console FPS fans though are CoD kids, sure they would give a F2P Halo a try but i doubt theyll stick to it since the gameplay is just way too different

i still like your theory though, it has some good points in it that a F2P Halo would most likely run with

my guess though is that it wont be Halo to go the F2P route but maybe CoD, the game has the better arguments to make some success out of that business model

but who knows, maybe Valve will enter the console market in the next 3 years and eat up the entire FPS branch with CSGO for consoles pushing CoD, BF and Halo to place 2, 3 and 4 ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd seriously prefer that action figure's shade of purple over what we got in game. I don't know WHAT happened, or what made 343i changed their color set radically, but man, purple for me, is ruined, and was my favorite color in the game.

Not just 343. The Xbox Ones purple seems different now to.

Not just 343. The Xbox Ones purple seems different now to.

As in the purple UI you can choose? Yeah. More so to the point, the beta had Halo 4's color set and it worked so damn well. Dunno why the change happened.

As in the purple UI you can choose? Yeah. More so to the point, the beta had Halo 4's color set and it worked so damn well. Dunno why the change happened.

Aye. Both the Xbox One and 5 seem to be changed to a more lighter violet. Why must they ruin my favorite color :'(

I love how much 343 members interacted with the community pre launch when they were trying to sell the game. Now that its out they are almost nonexistant.

Yep, they are even ignoring the biggest support thread on their own forum as well. Over 552 responses on that thread and not a single one of those being 343 to even address the issue. I even asked Josh not one but twice about the issue and he ignores it even when he was clearly online. I even tweeted Bravo and he ignores it. 

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-lag-issue/9ea0f822-5c55-4f44-b235-e9246fc3b4b5/posts

All I want to do is play the damn game without this handicap of lagging...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep, they are even ignoring the biggest support thread on their own forum as well. Over 552 responses on that thread and not a single one of those being 343 to even address the issue. I even asked Josh not one but twice about the issue and he ignores it even when he was clearly online. I even tweeted Bravo and he ignores it.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-multiple-lag-issue/9ea0f822-5c55-4f44-b235-e9246fc3b4b5/posts

All I want to do is play the damn game without this handicap of lagging...

Which is weird cause I have only experienced lag once.

Has anyone else ever used a legendary arena req pack boost card before? Just used one when I was playing BTB and only got 2,000 RP's. I'm a little confused. 

Which is weird cause I have only experienced lag once.

Not everybody has it but many people do. And it's only Halo 5 too which is weird.

Has anyone else ever used a legendary arena req pack boost card before? Just used one when I was playing BTB and only got 2,000 RP's. I'm a little confused. 

The Warzone ones give like 8000.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aye. Both the Xbox One and 5 seem to be changed to a more lighter violet. Why must they ruin my favorite color :'(

I should be specific. I don't dislike the new Xbone UI color. I like light lavender, but Halo 5's "purple" is more so a vibrant magenta. And it sucks, because dark purple, as I like it is IN the game, still. Armor sets like Warrior, MK VI [Gen1] and a few others, all have it, when you make the "purple" option your secondary, and it looks SO GOOD, too.

So when are we getting oddball, King of the hill, assault, etc in matchmaking? Haven't really been keeping up, already getting bored with the game.

I should be specific. I don't dislike the new Xbone UI color. I like light lavender, but Halo 5's "purple" is more so a vibrant magenta. And it sucks, because dark purple, as I like it is IN the game, still. Armor sets like Warrior, MK VI [Gen1] and a few others, all have it, when you make the "purple" option your secondary, and it looks SO GOOD, too.

I much prefer a darker purple. I will mix dark purple with Cyan.

I much prefer a darker purple. I will mix dark purple with Cyan.

I do too! Dark purple and cyan, or dark purple and a lighter purple. I mainly used purple and cyan up until the MCC's release, then stopped when the "purple" in Halo 5 became dicked to me.

Number 3...

They had every employee pitch in an idea for the story and they came up with this piece of trash? You gotta be kidding me

Number 3...

They had every employee pitch in an idea for the story and they came up with this piece of trash? You gotta be kidding me

I wish they'd make up their mind. 

One day it's "we know where the story is going, we have done since Halo 4" and now its "oh, we let each employee pitch in their ideas".

Unless its only minor stuff like character names, etc. You should have your story set out the moment you began the trilogy, not quickly thinking of it once one game is complete.