CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The aiming being "shit" is extreme hyperbole.

But you have your opinions I have mine. Halo 3s aim acceleration is horrendous, halo 5 feels good to me. The lack of aim assist messes me up because I'm not a pro, but it feels miles better than most halos without being a joke like h2a or h2 (joke as in too easy).

Wait you like Halo 5's aiming better than Halo 3's? That's crazy.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

The aiming being "shit" is extreme hyperbole.

But you have your opinions I have mine. Halo 3s aim acceleration is horrendous, halo 5 feels good to me. The lack of aim assist messes me up because I'm not a pro, but it feels miles better than most halos without being a joke like h2a or h2 (joke as in too easy).

Listen, I'm not knocking the entirety of Halo 5 here. I'm a fan of the game in general.

Halo 3 aiming was crap. Halo Reach and Halo 4 aiming were quite nice. I never once noticed aim smoothing, or sluggishness in the aiming systems at all. CE and Halo 2 aiming were great as well. When I fire up Halo 1, 2, R, 4 after not playing for a few days, I don't notice the aiming mechanics. They just work. When I fired up halo 5, the aiming threw me off for the entire first hour or two I played the game. It frustrated the hell out of me. If wasn't lack of aim assist, it was aiming mechanics that were messing with my muscle memory. If I don't play Halo 5 every other day, it takes me a few games to get warmed up because the aiming is pretty jarring to me. It's tangible, it's a real factor. The aiming isn't good, and the effect is EXACTLY like Halo 3 to me.

Whether it bothers you or not isn't the issue. Whether you get used to it or not isn't the issue. The issue is that the aiming IS sluggish and it doesn't need to be for good players.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wait you like Halo 5's aiming better than Halo 3's? That's crazy.

I just think halo 5 just feels better in general.

It's just the damn aim acceleration in halo 3 that ruins it for me.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 3s aim acceleration is horrendous, halo 5 feels good to me. 

No, H5's is exceptionally worse than even H3's and that's saying something.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I just think halo 5 just feels better in general.

It's just the damn aim acceleration in halo 3 that ruins it for me.

But Halo 5's aim acceptation is at least double that of Halo 3's. It's kinda strange that you prefer it that's all.

No, H5's is exceptionally worse than even H3's and that's saying something.

I'd say they're about the same to me. Maybe H5 is worse, maybe H3 is worse.

All I know is when I played H3 on MCC after playing other games, I sorta noticed the aiming at times.

When I first loaded up H5, it destroyed my gameplay. Now that I'm sort of used to it, it probably affects me as much as Halo 3.

I never noticed acceleration when playing halo 5, but with 3 I noticed it immediately.

Idk what to tell you guys, I'm just being honest here. I mean, it's not even my favorite halo, by far, it's just that the aiming is fine to me. I think it's considerably harder without aim assist. That can be frustrating when I get over anxious on my last shot and flail around, but that's my own fault.

I also haven't felt like my reticule has been stuck in mud for a couple weeks now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

I'm not saying they sat there and said "the aiming sucks....it will make aiming harder"....but they definitely sat there and said "the aiming is difficult...the skill gap should be higher now"...they clearly don't realize this new aiming sucks (pros included) and makes the game difficult, they think it's good because it makes shooting difficult. Whatever went through bungie's head when they did the aiming for H3 is the exact same thing that went through 343's mind.

like I said...there is literally no reason to go from H4 to these aiming mechanics. It's literally night and day in terms of control and fluidity. 

Ghost said they tweaked the shooting to get it how they wanted. It's terrible. This had to be done on purpose. No reason you go from how H4 felt to this....

Why aren't the other weapons suffering from the same aiming issues as the pistol? Could it be that the pistol isn't legendary amongst the competitives? Nostalgia, its such a powerful thing....

Everyone else is playing H5 with the AR and other weapons, the competitive crowd (all 23 of them) are trying to master the pistol.

343 said in December patch, they will add an option to make aiming better? Like you can adjust it to how you like it?

Inb4 people complain some certain players found the perfect mixture to make it smooth for them and it gives them unfair advantage :kappa:

you seem surprised by his opinion...

Not surprised to see such a closed minded comment. Halo 5 is far from my favorite halo game, I even posted that in the halo rating thread...

...but I wholeheartedly believe halo 5 is a superior game in terms of feel and aiming than 3, bar the sniper, which is the worst in the series in 5.

The aim accerleration in 3 is "..smh.. ..pathetic.."

5 feels fine to me, again, not the best though, especially at long ranges. Considering halo 3s br is trash at range, I'd probably still prefer halo 5s system there as well.

Edit: and another thing, I really can't comment on halo 4s aiming. I played 9 games of it and don't really remember how it compares to anything. I just always thought it was similar to h2a In that it's extremely easy.

• Downvote (-1) 1

343 said in December patch, they will add an option to make aiming better? Like you can adjust it to how you like it?

Inb4 people complain some certain players found the perfect mixture to make it smooth for them and it gives them unfair advantage :kappa:

as long as you can't play with aim assist it'll be fine.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Was playing on the Rig, and decided to spend my time learning Camo spawn times, since I didn't know them before. Needless to say, it was the greatest eureka moment to string together three camo's, because I mentally noted the time, l1k3 a pr0. Just did the same on a Fathom match and destroyed ass. LOVE moments like that in Halo.

and another thing, I really can't comment on halo 4s aiming. I played 9 games of it and don't really remember how it compares to anything. I just always thought it was similar to h2a In that it's extremely easy.

Easy as in it functions properly? I am not talking about auto aim and megnetism....but about how weird the aiming feels....how sluggish it is...how floaty your reitcle can feel at times. 343 had crisp aiming in H4 and then they went full halo 3 with halo 5. It literally makes no sense and it was clearly done for a reason.

So has 343 confirmed yet whether or not the forge maps in BtB count towards the 15 DLC maps or not?

Oh they 100% count towards the 15 DLC maps. Just like the 5 forge maps on disc counted towards the map count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I gotta say.. during the rare periods where I'm absolutely on fire with the magnum, it's a great fucking feeling.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So has 343 confirmed yet whether or not the forge maps in BtB count towards the 15 DLC maps or not?

Oh BTB maps will be part of the 15 map DLC.

Also, does anyone know why bookmarking films is broken, and if there's a fix? This just bothers me, since I have a slew of games I need to bookmark and film.

Outta luck. New BTB update broke bookmarking and erased all my saved films.

I feel like 343 delayed forge, just so that they can treat forge maps they made as real maps and use them as dlc.

Say what you will about bungies time with halo, but I don't think they took us for idiots, at least I never got that impression.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Interesting graph on Halos search popularity on Google.

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=Halo

Some people say it's not accurate because once people became familiar with Halo, they stopped searching it. Others say it's accurate because less people had computers back then. Come to your own conclusion.

IMO, Halo is nothing more than a pure cash grab nowadays. No real passion or incentive to have it grow. No more groundbreaking features. Less content every year to save money. More casual gameplay every year to squeeze money out of a different crowd.

In some ways I wish Halo just stopped after reach and 343 just made their own new game. Pretty much what they tried to do, but they kept the Halo name to make gaurenteed millions.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1