CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Are you asking if it actually happens or if it's something worth complaining about? 

It's pretty annoying selecting the wrong weapon to spawn with due to it not registering my input fast enough. I'll press left or right to change the AR slot to my BR only for it to lag and change the wrong slot. It's not a huge issue but it sure is an annoyance with the game. 

Edit: Now I'm curious on John Mayer's opinions on Halo 5. For those who didn't know, he used to have a full blown Halo CE LAN setup in his tour bus. 

The former -- it most definitely is worth complaining about.

I find the UI in general a bit more cumbersome than it needs to be. I used to sell all/most of my REQs, but I realized it pressing X and A to sell everything as fast as possible takes a LOT longer than it should. Plus those stupid animations they play to "hype up" opening the packages got old so quick, and is just a flat out waste of time. Just show me what I'm getting in an easy to read list and give me the fucking option to "select all" so I can batch delete, for fuck's sake.

But the XA combo is the only button combo we have bro. Learn 2 mash better

I just bought a modded controller that has a special button for selling REQs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just bought a modded controller that has a special button for selling REQs. 

*user has been banned from the Halo World Championships for macros*

One thing I do really like about Halo 5 is the emphasis on verticality in map design, now only if 343 would eliminate all the dark corners and hiding spots on their maps so the game-play could flow the way its supposed to. Also eliminate sprint and replace it with something more intuitive/skillful for Halo's gameplay but that is just a dream at this point.

One thing I do really like about Halo 5 is the emphasis on verticality in map design, now only if 343 would eliminate all the dark corners and hiding spots on their maps so the game-play could flow the way its supposed to.

Personally I think getting rid of radar would eliminate a lot of those issues.

Can't wait to create and publish my own maps in this game so people will never have to play a 343 map ever again. I've just got designs on designs waiting to be made.

• Upvote (+1) 6

getting rid of radar and rebalancing the sandbox to make guns more punishing would fix so many issues with this game.

Can't wait to create and publish my own maps in this game so people will never have to play a 343 map ever again. I've just got designs on designs waiting to be made.

You're implying that the file share (which they refuse to talk about) is going to be what we expect. I don't know what, but 343 will do something and put their own spin on the file share that literally no one asked for, which will hinder sharing gametypes/maps greatly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

getting rid of radar and rebalancing the sandbox to make guns more punishing would fix so many issues with this game.

Don't you know that the longer the battles, the more interesting they are? /s

Looking through Breaking Benjamins frontman Instagram and I found this. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/94aVXXPmsE

https://www.instagram.com/p/94iaE-vmos/

"Boohoo I end up at the respawn screen all the time in this game"

Throws controller

Someone get this scrub a tissue.

EDIT: or better yet, have him become friends with the dude in this video and they can rage then cry about their mistakes together.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm telling ya man, the circuit will be predominantly composed of dev maps. The chances of a forge map getting picked up for HCS are slim to none, and if one does manage to slip in, it'll be by either FatedFire, SaLoT, or Diesel.

Not really, the engagement issues still remain where battles dont feel "right". FPS is largely about muscle memory and knowing time windows, and too many of H5's battles end up dragging on because of obstructive map design/geometry and the inability to capitalize on predictable time windows due to the inability to pursue and R+G which makes the game feel more random and unsatisfactory as a result. Believe me, this is the difference between a FPS that is able to be played 1000+ hours and one that most cant stand for more than 100 hours. One good thing CoD has going for it that makes it so easy to play is the short TTK so all the time windows are predictable.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I've gotten really inspired for forging maps atm. Pretty salty I can't do anything about it other than sketch here and there.

When forge comes out though, I'll be making maps exclusively for classic/competetive settings. Hopefully we'll have a consensus on the right settings so that we can then test appropriately and push the Halo 5 that we always wanted.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've gotten really inspired for forging maps atm. Pretty salty I can't do anything about it other than sketch here and there.

When forge comes out though, I'll be making maps exclusively for classic/competetive settings. Hopefully we'll have a consensus on the right settings so that we can then test appropriately and push the Halo 5 that we always wanted.

If people somehow come to an agreement on what settings to use this time around, I'll be shocked. Everybody wants something different. 

Some people want dev settings

Some people want no sprint w/ thruster

Some people want no sprint w/ out thruster

Some people want no sprint w/ thruster but ground pound disabled

"Boohoo I end up at the respawn screen all the time in this game"

Throws controller

Someone get this scrub a tissue.

EDIT: or better yet, have him become friends with the dude in this video and they can rage then cry about their mistakes together.

Way to trivialize a players dislikes about the game just because he isn't a pro. When casuals aren't even enjoying a Halo game, you have a real problem. 

In past Halo games casual players got destroyed even more so but they rarely quit playing the game altogether. Halo 5 can be very frustrating what with all the escaped kills, terrible maps, and terrible aiming system. I don't blame people for not wanting to play this game, especially since there is such a lack of content. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The former -- it most definitely is worth complaining about.

I find the UI in general a bit more cumbersome than it needs to be. I used to sell all/most of my REQs, but I realized it pressing X and A to sell everything as fast as possible takes a LOT longer than it should. Plus those stupid animations they play to "hype up" opening the packages got old so quick, and is just a flat out waste of time. Just show me what I'm getting in an easy to read list and give me the fucking option to "select all" so I can batch delete, for fuck's sake.

Simple trick for UI design when it comes to selecting a lot of different things then deleting or doing whatever action might be relevant:

> Input to highlight items

> Different input to bring up menu to decide what to do with highlighted items

> Confirm screen to prevent mistakes

BOY THAT WAS EASY. No need for individual deletion, no need for "all" deletion. No mistakes ever.

But no, instead you have to spam X, A, have the game process the deletion, then have your inputs not register half of the time. Then again, 343's UI lead hasn't impressed me at all over their 3 different games, so this doesn't come off as a surprise.

Meanwhile, Bungie's UI for Destiny is winning prizes.

Not really, the engagement issues still remain where battles dont feel "right". FPS is largely about muscle memory and knowing time windows, and too many of H5's battles end up dragging on because of obstructive map design/geometry and the inability to capitalize on predictable time windows due to the inability to pursue and R+G which makes the game feel more random and unsatisfactory as a result. Believe me, this is the difference between a FPS that is able to be played 1000+ hours and one that most cant stand for more than 100 hours. One good thing CoD has going for it that makes it so easy to play is the short TTK so all the time windows are predictable.

vaFbkTs.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Way to trivialize a players dislikes about the game just because he isn't a pro. When casuals aren't even enjoying a Halo game, you have a real problem. 

In past Halo games casual players got destroyed even more so but they rarely quit playing the game altogether. Halo 5 can be very frustrating what with all the escaped kills, terrible maps, and terrible aiming system. I don't blame people for not wanting to play this game, especially since there is such a lack of content. 

Just because he isn't a pro? What are you on about. Don't victimize so much.

It's one thing to dislike the game and it's more than fair, but it's another to cry about it and break things because you don't like it.

If you break stuff because you don't like a game, you need to reevaluate your grasp on reality and take a break from the said game or from gaming altogether. If you do it repeatedly, you might just have some anger issues... which might just be the case for this guy, since he also broke his copy of Battlefront.

• Upvote (+1) 1