CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Who's gonna tell him?

Well to be fair, I get that normally it would be a dumb assumption, but the end of the month IS Christmas. Not sure they'd want to push huge features during or after X-mas when they can get it out before and make it more appealing.

Who's gonna tell him?

I'll bite the bullet.

Man, this game has a serious need for an injection of gamemodes, social playlists, and Forge + Fileshare. Hoping it's the first week of Dec and NOT the middle/end of it.

In the Waypoint post detailing Forge, they implied it would come towards the middle, or end of December, "just in time for holiday break".

I'm noticing a huge lag increase in the Warzone REQ station/spawn screen as well. Trying to select my spawning weapons has become very annoying due to all the lag.

This is an actual problem? Wtf.

Plus most of the games ahead of it just came out (or came out more recently than halo). Unless Halo drops out of the top ten or something I don't see why its placement matters at all right now until mid January or so. Its placement after the Holiday/release season will be telling if H5 will "sustain" a healthy population, imo.

2 of the 5 games ahead of it were released before h5.

The map teased in the december update video is Burial Mounds BTB. Ducain's map. 

I'll bite the bullet.

In the Waypoint post detailing Forge, they implied it would come towards the middle, or end of December, "just in time for holiday break".

Well, fuck.

I still have hope for social playlists?

It's possible to select multiple items in Forge and rotate them all at once right?

Couldn't they theoretically select everything on Recurve, rotate it so one base doesn't have a giant sun behind it and update it in matchmaking?

Still confused as to why they decided to remake/reimagine old BTB maps than create something new.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the free maps they're throwing out each month are just crappy Forge remakes, that's going to be really dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's possible to select multiple items in Forge and rotate them all at once right?

Couldn't they theoretically select everything on Recurve, rotate it so one base doesn't have a giant sun behind it and update it in matchmaking?

Still confused as to why they decided to remake/reimagine old BTB maps than create something new.

It is very possible.  It is also possible that once a map is built on a particular canvas, it can be loaded into the same canvas with different lighting. So if they built on Alpine noon, apparently they're able to change it to alpine sunset, even though the map is already complete.

Also, I'm pretty sure they gave them big team maps that they liked to serve as precedents for anything they wished.  How closely the CC's stuck with the original designs was completely their choice.

I find that to be a strange decision as well.

Evidently it is a reimagining of burial mounds. The giant blue planet/sun seen in one of the shots is not in every version of the map. The planet is there as one of the themes (each canvas has different skyboxes you can choose from). Thats pretty cool. 

Looks like Halo 5 didn't exactly...

*sunglasses*

...Blow Him Away.

KsYpXaP.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is an actual problem? Wtf.

Are you asking if it actually happens or if it's something worth complaining about? 

It's pretty annoying selecting the wrong weapon to spawn with due to it not registering my input fast enough. I'll press left or right to change the AR slot to my BR only for it to lag and change the wrong slot. It's not a huge issue but it sure is an annoyance with the game. 

Edit: Now I'm curious on John Mayer's opinions on Halo 5. For those who didn't know, he used to have a full blown Halo CE LAN setup in his tour bus. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The more Loadout options I unlock, the laggier the menu gets.

And what is it with 343 and left-to-right card menus?

Here's your ideal loadout menu:

Gun -> Scope -> Modifier

Same goes with the armor/helmet selection.

Armor Type > Variant

The lag is atrocious for me now.  90% of the time I'm trying to select my BR, but end up selecting the wrong slot or weapon due to the lag.

It would also be nice if there were simple loadouts you could set up for different REQ levels.  I use the same equipment almost every game.